November 22, 2014 | 860 users online

Treatments - Nailtek - Nailtek Intensive Therapy

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by foofighter99

Okay....the only product for my nails that actually works. I have never had such long nails in my life...not an exaggeration. I initially bought a small sample bottle and then went back to CosmoProf and bought a full size bottle - in fact 2 full size bottles. I am thrilled with it. Amazing. Now I just wish I could find the Seche Vite Clear topcoat in a full size bottle. IMPRESSED!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by MelanieSin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff. Have tried other brands but I always come back to this one because it works!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Syrah06

I've been using this for 2 weeks now. first week every day, second week every other day.
It's perfect. it stays on my nails and the peeling and chipping stopped immediatly.

I've tried all the other brands, and every other brand peels of my nail like some have with this one. But this works very good for me and I'm happy with it! It makes my nails a little stronger as well, but not harder.

to make them harder i've started using Mavala since a little over a week and that seems to be doing what they say it should.. but i'll wait a little longer before writing a review on that one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

Not happy with this at all. I had the same experience as one of the reviewers, this stuff peels off my nails taking the nail with it. It's soo weird! I have used this 3 times now and every time it happens, it chips on day 2 then the peelies come. When I take it off, you can see that my nail bed is still very peely and scaly and just gross looking. This stuff didn't seal my nails at all. I'm wondering if this treatment is the kind where your nails have to fully grow out to see results, maybe it helps with future peeling? Anyways, I am not going to find out because I can't keep re-doing my nails every 2-3 days. That's just insane. Not sure what to try next. Need help with the peelies!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by mandacarleen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this in hurry, didn't read the warning. This product contains a chemical known to cause cancer. I put it on for a maybe 30 minutes and was scrolling through the reviews when i saw something about the carcinogen. I immediately took it off my nails. I won't be using it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by loveandlilac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

ho. ly. grail. hands down THE best treatment I've ever put on my nails. I'm a hairdressed and the shampooing/chemicals have left me with EXTREMELY dry, thin and flexible nails that peel a LOT. I mean alot. This stuff makes my nails so much healthier and prevents them from peeling. it also makes them shiny and smooth even after I remove it. You have to follow the instructions on the box in order for it to work (too much of a good thing will have the opposite effect.) I love to use this as a top coat as well, makes even the dullest polishes get that wet shiny look. Price is very reasonable, $5 at Sally with my Pro discount. Excellent product I buy it all the time!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by rachelicious904

I love this stuff, It's the only nail strengthener I've used that actually works and doesn't wreck the skin around the nail (Trind) or make the nails yellow (OPI nail envy). I have thin, peeling nails and have never in my life been able to grow my nails - until I bought this! After a couple of weeks my nails get harder and stop peeling so that I can grow them. It isn't too expensive either, and I do like it as a base coat. Sometimes I also put China Glaze strong adhesion base coat over the top. I don't use it how it is instructed I just put it on underneath my manicure or alone on my nails if I'm not wearing any polish. Basically I just make sure this is always on my nail. As another reviewer stated they do recommend to start using the nail maintaining one after your nails get strong so that they don't get brittle. Will repurchase again and again, cos if it ain't broke don't fix it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by elizalee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Initially, I liked the Intensive II for my nails, which lately have been peeling and splitting. In reading up on the product website, I see it "seals the layers of the nail together," which explains the nightmare I'm in.

The first day or two, all is fine, but by day three, the product begins peeling off--not chipping, but entire strips/sections lifting up and off, taking the top layer of the natural nail with it. This morning, a strip near the tip of my nail simply lifted off. When I removed the remaining polish, I could see the top layers of my nail were also gone, exactly where the NailTek product had peeled away.

Even if you use top quality colored polish between the base and top layers of NailTek, it peels off and chips far more quickly than would be the case otherwise. The "seal" part works great--it's the "stay put" part that fails.

Sadly, I think it's time to give up on NailTek, in spite of good luck with it in the past.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by achaea

I've only used this for about a month now, and my nails are a bit sturdier - but it HAS repaired a partial flaking/splitting of a nail edge and prevented breakage.

A few things: this product is for flexibile, thin, nails - NOT brittle or hard nails, which already are too hard. There's a gradient with these nail hardeners - after a certain point your nail gets brittle and you need to stop using them and switch to a nail maintainer, stop altogether, or switch to a nail protein coat that maintains flexibility - OR YOUR NAIL BREAKS. (#1 thing on other reviews that makes me sigh).

Second, yeah, read the frickin' label on the bottle. Don't rate something down because you're too dumb to read that it's Nailtek and not Nailtiques. The names are kind of fairly different, you know.

The big surprise with this thing is, that after I stopped using another base coat on top of it and used it solely as my basecoat, I'm getting massive wear time with certain polishes. Usually polishes chip in 2-3 days, or at the very least there's tip wear by day 3. Nailtek basecoat (i.e. formaldehyde resin), Color Club polishers (only polish I've seen wear time increase for, only polish with _acrylic resin_), seche vite top coat are giving me SIX DAYS and counting of no chipping, and near zero tip wear. Insane!

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by xmissleahx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after removing acrylic nails I'd been wearing for a year. This is a miracle product. Use it as a base coat or use it alone, but I wouldn't recommend as a top coat. As a top coat, it is shiny, but it doesn't dry hard enough on top of the layers of polish. It's not what it was meant for. Within weeks my nails were super strong. I applied a fresh coat every few days. It's been a year and a half since I started using this product, and now I have moved to Maintenance Plus (the II one) because my nails are super healthy. Never before have my nails been able to grow this long! I get tons of compliments. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!