Nailtek Nailtek Intensive Therapy

3.8

on 6/20/2015 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I picked up NailTek II intensive therapy at Sally's Beauty when I ran out of Nailtiques Formula 2+ and thought this might be an equivalent. I inquired but none of the clerks at Sally's knew how this compared but they did know this was NailTek's brand of the same product for soft peeling nails. I purchased this back in early March. I am now a little more than halfway through the bottle and it has been 3 solid months of using this so I feel confident in writing up a review now that I have had sufficient time to make an informed opinion. Enough intro, lets skip right to the bottom line: This is NOT a replacement for Nailtiques. I still have peeling on my free edges and it is actually worse than ever! I have had to trim my nails all the way down to try and start over. I finally gave in and purchased the Nailtiques Formula 2+. This did not seal the edges to prevent further peeling and it didn't do anything to save what I had like the other one does. With Nailtiques I can paint over the peeling edges and it will seal them together leaving me a longer usable nail and I didn't have to cut them all off to remove the damaged bits. I really wanted to like this product but it is not working for me. I think I paid around $8 for it so it is about half the price as the Nailtiques.This did make a good base coat though and I used it both with colored polish and alone. I will be going back to Sally's and informing the clerks of the performance so they may be able to help the next customer that asks. Skip this and buy Nailtiques instead, it works!

on 5/4/2015 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff!

I have always had really healthy, thick nails. But for some reason this winter my free edges suddenly started peeling -- and of course once that happens, then the free edge becomes weak and breaks easily.

I first tried a similar product by a cheaper brand but it just did not work, so I decided to try this and I am so glad I did! I followed directions exactly as written for one week, after that week I decided to do another round. I could already tell a difference just in those two weeks.

I now keep this product on my nails at all time, although I no longer bother with changing it daily. I will keep it on for 3-4 days. If I am going to wear polish I wear this as the base to my base coat. So nailtek, basecoat, polish. Otherwise I just wear this daily. I have used this since February and after about 3 weeks I no longer had the peeling issue.

on 3/24/2015 2:48:00 PM

This never worked for me. Always flaked and chipped off within a day and did nothing to improve my thin, peeling & weak nails. After watching a video called Nail Strengtheners & Nail Hardeners by Anna I learnt that this won't do anything for my particular nail problems.

If you found this didn't do anything for you then it's probably not the product. There's a very strong chance it's just not what you need.

I also tried Foundation II and it also did nothing. OPI's Nail Envy did make a huge difference in my nails and still is the only thing I would use.

Using silk wraps on my breaks and caring for my cuticles with Solar Oil and Nail Envy was the only way I could grow all ten.

on 10/18/2014 11:14:00 AM

Okay....the only product for my nails that actually works. I have never had such long nails in my life...not an exaggeration. I initially bought a small sample bottle and then went back to CosmoProf and bought a full size bottle - in fact 2 full size bottles. I am thrilled with it. Amazing. Now I just wish I could find the Seche Vite Clear topcoat in a full size bottle. IMPRESSED!

on 7/30/2014 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff. Have tried other brands but I always come back to this one because it works!

on 9/7/2013 4:39:00 AM

I've been using this for 2 weeks now. first week every day, second week every other day.
It's perfect. it stays on my nails and the peeling and chipping stopped immediatly.

I've tried all the other brands, and every other brand peels of my nail like some have with this one. But this works very good for me and I'm happy with it! It makes my nails a little stronger as well, but not harder.

to make them harder i've started using Mavala since a little over a week and that seems to be doing what they say it should.. but i'll wait a little longer before writing a review on that one.

on 7/29/2013 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not happy with this at all. I had the same experience as one of the reviewers, this stuff peels off my nails taking the nail with it. It's soo weird! I have used this 3 times now and every time it happens, it chips on day 2 then the peelies come. When I take it off, you can see that my nail bed is still very peely and scaly and just gross looking. This stuff didn't seal my nails at all. I'm wondering if this treatment is the kind where your nails have to fully grow out to see results, maybe it helps with future peeling? Anyways, I am not going to find out because I can't keep re-doing my nails every 2-3 days. That's just insane. Not sure what to try next. Need help with the peelies!!

on 5/29/2013 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bought this in hurry, didn't read the warning. This product contains a chemical known to cause cancer. I put it on for a maybe 30 minutes and was scrolling through the reviews when i saw something about the carcinogen. I immediately took it off my nails. I won't be using it again.

on 2/12/2013 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

ho. ly. grail. hands down THE best treatment I've ever put on my nails. I'm a hairdressed and the shampooing/chemicals have left me with EXTREMELY dry, thin and flexible nails that peel a LOT. I mean alot. This stuff makes my nails so much healthier and prevents them from peeling. it also makes them shiny and smooth even after I remove it. You have to follow the instructions on the box in order for it to work (too much of a good thing will have the opposite effect.) I love to use this as a top coat as well, makes even the dullest polishes get that wet shiny look. Price is very reasonable, $5 at Sally with my Pro discount. Excellent product I buy it all the time!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff, It's the only nail strengthener I've used that actually works and doesn't wreck the skin around the nail (Trind) or make the nails yellow (OPI nail envy). I have thin, peeling nails and have never in my life been able to grow my nails - until I bought this! After a couple of weeks my nails get harder and stop peeling so that I can grow them. It isn't too expensive either, and I do like it as a base coat. Sometimes I also put China Glaze strong adhesion base coat over the top. I don't use it how it is instructed I just put it on underneath my manicure or alone on my nails if I'm not wearing any polish. Basically I just make sure this is always on my nail. As another reviewer stated they do recommend to start using the nail maintaining one after your nails get strong so that they don't get brittle. Will repurchase again and again, cos if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Popular Treatments