April 20, 2014 | 1015 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Cream Eyeliner in Smashing Thunder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Spamstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I loved the color but.....when trying to apply it as a noticeable liner, it took a lot of time trying to build it up. I'm very pale with auburn hair and hazel eyes, this just tended to look like maybe I'd forgotten to put on concealer around my eyes in the morning.

It went on muddy and subtle and I was looking for something more...obvious. So I'll keep this and take the advice of other reviewers who say they like it as a base for other eye colors.

Will not buy it again however. The funny thing about Smashbox products is how long they last so I'll probably be hauling this to the nursing home with me one day,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this awesome stony grey cream liner. It applies so nicely (I use the Sonia Kashuk bent liner brush) and lasts for a very long time. I have looked for a long time for a nice grey liner that doesn't pull blue, and this fits the bill. It's just about as perfect as a liner can get. I love it for day and night. A++

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, what an incredible grey color! I love it. Its not as strong of a color as black and brown. It glides like a dream! I actually received a sample size in a kit, so my packaging is a bit different than the full size product. I am so wanting to get this eyeliner because I love the muted grey cement look over light lavender eyeshadow. But now im conflicted to purchase this as Im reading below that this cream liner dries out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Color kind of a muted grey - perfect for daytime wear, but I'd want something a little more pigmented for dramatic or evening wear. This is a little drier than other colors I've used and I find I have to apply 2 layers sometimes to get color to "pop". Prefer Smashing Green.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2006 4:04:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I ordered this from Sephora because I was interested in trying a cream liner other than the MAC Fluidlines or the one Clinique one I purchased. MISTAKE. This stuff turned as hard as a rock on me. Maybe I didn't screw the lid on tight enough, but I have had MAC Fluidlines for quite some time, in several of the colors and NONE of them have gone rock solid like this one. I couldn't even get a fairly firm brush to go into it. I would not purchase Smashbox liner again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2006 10:31:00 PM More reviews by luciasue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product and have used it for many years now. I love their array of cream eyeliners - I noticed some people don't like them because they're not thick enough or dark enough. They are meant to be subtle enhancements (like putting on a very thin layer of pencil eyeliner) rather than a thick Marilyn Monroe-esque line, so if that's what you are looking for, you probably won't like this product. This is an excellent color for hazel eyes and very natural looking. They have great staying power for me and really enhance the eye without looking like you are wearing a lot of eyeliner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2006 10:09:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

The only thing i really like about the Smashbox creme liners is the ease of application. These liners are great for a newbie to liners. Using the flat liner brush, you just press the color into the lash line walking it across the lid. Very easy. Problem is that these dont last as long as the newer gel liners. Lasts a few hours and will smudge. This can be solved with the Smashbox waterproof liner duo but that is just an extra step. Thunder is a medium true grey shade. No shimmer and nothing special. Retails for $22. I prefer BB or MAC fluidliners to this so I wont repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2005 10:08:00 PM More reviews by cmpro914

The cream eyeliner is great. It goes on very clean and precise. There has never been any smudging. Also the color is great, it goes with a lot and is not too dramatic.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2005 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Kirstie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I chose this cream eyeliner over the Stila gel in grey because of the rec of a Sephora sales person.

First off, I like the packaging because I feel like the screw top design of the pot will help to keep the product from drying out, or opening inside of a purse.

Smashing Thunder is a grey/brown color, quite soft and flattering. I was looking for something that could go either more soft and natural or thick, dramatic, and smoky, depending on my needs. This color fits the bill and looks great with my brown eyes with amber flecks.
What I don't like about this product is the lack of staying power. I used MAC Brule shadow to prime my lids when wearing this, so I may be at fault because I don't have a true lid primer right now. However, I do not have oily lids, and this hardly lasted at all! For $22 I am looking for something with more lasting power. I am a bit disapponted, but will finish the pot because of the great color.