MAC Fluidline Eyeliner - All Colors

4.5

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyethylene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Caprylyl Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ceramide 2, Hexylene Glycol, Barium Sulfate, BHT, Phenoxyethanol Fluidlines may contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake

on 12/1/2014 5:21:00 PM

I have purchased a lot of the fluidlines, both colors that are part of the permanent collection (blacktrack, dipdown, macroviolet, blitz and glitz) and a few LE's (dark aversion and avenue). I truly believed for a long time that these were an HG product for me. This is despite the fact that some of the individual pots were dry and some of the colors flaked horribly. I recently purchased new pots of dipdown and blacktrack, and I don't know if MAC has completely changed the formula for these, but I am returning them both. They are dry and almost impossible to apply, and these two used to be my go-to, stress free, always perfect colors.

on 1/10/2014 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Not all gel liners are created equally. Some are creamy and some are more dry. When I think of creamy liners, MAC are the first to come to mind. Prior to trying MAC, I tried L'Oreal and Stila so I thought all gel liners are dry. These liners also work as a really great base under shadows or as an all over wash. I will repurchase.

on 6/28/2013 6:51:00 PM

I absolutely love this eyeliner. If you're worried about it being a little expensive, don't be because you truly get your moneys worth. I love applying it with a brush, it's so easy. It stays on all day, i've gone swimming and it lasted on and still looked good. When it came to washing it off, it comes off easily. Plus, what looks like a small amount, goes a long way! I've tried a lot of different eyeliners and this is by far my favorite!

on 8/24/2012 9:37:00 AM

Where do I start. Best eyeliner you can buy. Is pricey when you buy the liner and the brush, but so worth it - it lasts for months and months. Stays on all day where it is supposed to, goes on easily, very easy to apply. Love this stuff!

on 6/29/2012 6:43:00 PM

I have Fluidline in Dipdown and Macroviolet and love them both. The colors are very good and this product stays creamy until the last speck in the pot, which was not my experience with either Stila or Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners.
I find gel eyeliners have a less harsh look than liquid, and are easier to apply. I use an angle brush.
The big advantage for me for gel over pencil is that it lasts all day on my eyelids, while pencil disappears in a couple of hours (I donít know where it goes!).

on 2/14/2012 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff! It is water resistant but easy to wash off at the end of the day and you don't have those little chunks all over. It's soft and easy to work with and while the regular range is limited, the colors are good. Limited edition colors are often great, but once in a while the pigmentation can be below par but I'm not taking off for that. It is good for precise lines and winged/cat eyes and even as a base. Sometimes I hate having to use a separate brush but that's the nature of the product (in comparison to other types of eyeliner). I always keep coming back to this stuff! I feel like it doesn't dry out and maintains that gel consistency that is nice and soft. I do keep it stored upside down so I can see the color; I don't know if that matters. I think it's at a good price point b/c it is cheaper than a lot of dept. store liners and not outrageously priced. It is a big more than drugstore e/l but so far I haven't found anything there that beats this as far as consistency-that light gel almost 'whipped' texture. I like my liners to be soft and stay that way.

on 12/1/2011 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because of all the good reviews. After using it a couple of times, I still can't get it on my eyes correctly. I have never had any problem with pencil or liquid eyeliners. but for some reason, I can't make a straight line with this thing. Maybe the product is good but its just me who can't put it on correctly. but I feel like it was a waste of money for me because liquid or pencil eyeliners are easier to use than this.

on 10/10/2011 3:22:00 PM

I used to wear liquid liner on my upper lashline but after awhile of always having to "fix" or redo the line I gave up on liner. Whenever I get my makeup done at MAC they always use this liner on my lashline. After three makeovers (I always got distracted and bought the eyeshadows they used), I finally bought it and fell in love! I can line my lashline in one try. So long liquid liner! I have now bought all the colors from MAC Me Over and the new one from MAC Fall Collection. In love with these! I use the 210 brush to apply and it's so easy!

on 9/23/2011 2:38:00 PM

EDIT 03/28/12---I will absolutely NOT repurchase any Estee Lauder products until they choose to quit misleading their customers about animal testing and fully commit to a no animal testing policy.

I am continuously amazed at the awesome reviews of MAC products when I have returned probably 2/3 of what I've purchased. I will say this liner applied beautifully - like a dream. The color (rich ground) was also beautiful. But this didn't last near as long as my Clinique gel liner. I thought about keeping it even though it was not dark enough for me to use as a liner but when it didn't last I knew it had to go back.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

In Australia this is 32$, 13$ cheaper than Bobbi Brown geliner.

I think next time I will purchase Bobbi Brown.

This comes off me in 5 hours, far less superior than one of my cheap CG. And yes, I use an eyelid primer underneath, and yes, I set it with eyeshadow.

I use an angled brush to apply.

Overall, I do not understand the hype with this product! I found that not only does it come off, It smudges REALLY easily, sometimes when i notice an excess bit, I just swipe it and it comes off!

The price was not cheap either.

DO NOT buy this product! Just invest in a Bobbi Brown gel liner, far far far superior to Mac Fluidline.

Top Rated MAC Products