November 20, 2014 | 1975 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eyeliner Gel Dipdown

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 5:34:00 AM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My favorite go-to liner. I usually have to convince myself to use my other liners just for variety! Dipdown is the ultimate in natural gel liner; a dark, warm brown that blends well into the lash line, especially with a brown mascara. Easiest application method I've found is with an angled brush or bent liner brush.

Pros:
* gentle, natural color
* creamy; easy to apply
* lovely dark, matte, warm brown
* can be applied sheer or opaque
* buildable
* smudgeable
* easy to fix mistakes if attempted right away
* does not need to be set with shadow
* very generous amount of product

Cons:
* needs to be stored upside-down to stay creamy
* once set it cannot be easily fixed

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 5:52:00 AM More reviews by rebeccawangxiaoyin

This liner lasts significantly longer among all the gel liners I've tried. It does not flake on me like the bobbi brown gel liner. Neither does it smudge as bad as some Japanese drugstore brands such as Kate. The consistency is very creamy and smooth, and color payoff is very intense color. The packaing is quite nice as well, as I have mine for more than half a year and it did not dry out at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by rapsong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this eyeliner as eyeliner. I'm pretty pale with blonde hair and I can't get used to how I look with black liner. This looks almost black on me but it's just a little more subtle. Nice texture and classy packaging. I am worried about the drying out factor though. But so far so good, would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by nicolam321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My holy grail product for my brow, I dont even know how I used to do my brows before buying this. It just maked your brows a much better shape with little effort, although it does require a good brow brush & a little practise to get used too. Only downfall is after 2-3 months of buying this product it started to dry out :( If anyone knows how to stop it from drying out please let me know!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2014 6:13:00 AM More reviews by absdeinn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unlike the Waveline, Dipdown is pigmented and creamy, easy to apply and give me a beautiful brown line, it makes my eyes bright when first apply and I really love this. However, after 4-5 hrs, the colour will transfer to my lower eyelid which I hate… it makes me look like i have a big dark circles under my eyes ugh!! At first I was thinking perhaps it is my eye cream, so I stop using the cream and after applying eye gel even brush on some loose powder thinking it could help, but still got the same result.. now I have to bring a makeup remover with me all the time to clean my lower eyelid…Maybe Mac Fluidline is just not for me….

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by beddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dark brown almost black hair and i use this to fill in my brows. I had my trial and errors with brow products and i must say i had ended my journey in search for the perfect brow product. I had used rimmels brow pencil in neutral taupe which is great but it doesnt last as long, a tube will last about a month and half of everyday use. I had bought charcoal brown eyeshadow from mac also i do like but it doesnt give me the detailed defined dark tail of my eyebrows as dipdown does. It fades throughout and it jst doesnt look as defined but it is more natural. I use this with my anastasia 7 brow spooly brush which is handy and easy to use. Try this out at the mac store for brows if you are on the hunt!
I also tried this as eyeliner, i dont know how i can use this on the waterline because it doesnt really showup but on the lashline its fine im just more use to pencil liners. So id only just stick with using this for the brows

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like the MAC gel liners, I have the colors dipdown and blacktrack. They are very pigmented and I do not need to go over my line multiple times to get even coverage. The formula is moist and you have some time to smudge it before it sets if that is the look you are going for. Even once it is set it can smudge a bit if rubbed, but I generally don't have problems with touching my eyes once made up. I use a Lancome angled liner brush to apply and find it easy to obtain a winged liner look. I use gel/potted liners often and they take some practice to master, but once you do they are great. I have dry skin and therefore do not have oily eyelids. Something worth mentioning is that I only use this on my top eyelid as I have problems with watery eyes. This liner will not stay on my bottom lash line without bleeding into my foundation. This is the reason for 3 lippies. To remedy this problem I use the MC prolong wear eyeliner for my lower lashes. Packaging is good, this liner could last you years which is why I gave it a decent rating for price. However, I said that I would not repurchase because I really feel that the Maybelline studio gel liner really rivals this and the price is better. MAC definitely has a better color selection though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by sandie1992

Love it. I like to alternate between using this and Blacktrack.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Lovebaby81

I love this product.. I use it for my eyebrows.. Wouldn't use anything else.. U just need a good brush to go along with it :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Janienikol

I've seen so many people using this for their brows, and I wanted to give it a go and when I bought it i was actually highly disappointed it dries WAY too quickly to be able to do anything. I have a cheap gel liner I bought for $3 and its 100x better than this. Very sad. I really wanted to love this product seeing how I love Mac as a whole brand. I will not be buying this again as I haven't even used it more than 5 times. Hope this helps!