MAC Fluidline Eyeliner Gel Dipdown

4.6

on 7/24/2015 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I looooveeeee this product. For my chocolate girls as a reference I am an nc50 in mac studio fix this will guarantee that your eyebrows look 101 per cent on fleek. For my lighter girls this will definitely look to harsh on you for eyebrow use but will look nice as the intended use which is an eyeliner. I was going to buy the infamous anastasia dipbrow pomade but I followed my mum to mac one day and a worker used this on me and I've been converted ever since. Using a small brush I use a real techniques brush by the way from the core collection I think it's an eyeshadow brush but I use it to apply the pomade and oh my Lord my eyebrows look so natural. It's very pigmented so a little goes a long way but it still looks natural you can still see the hairs on your brow so it doesn't look like you tattooed them on which is amazing. Use this and shape with concealer and you will look so good. Also since a little goes a long way I don't mind paying £15.50 cause I know it will last me a while. I will deffo repurchase I am in love with this it is an eyebrow essential for me I will never go back to using boring old pencil

on 6/12/2015 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've tried three gel liners in my time, and you'd think they'd be similar enough, but no.

Bobbi Brown was too dry.
Inglot was too creamy.
MAC Fluidline was just right.

It walks the tightrope of being dry enough to not migrate, but creamy enough to spread. Once it sets, it's good to go and does not budge, even in humidity. For someone like me (someone who wears contacts), this is really important because the last thing I need is this getting onto my lenses while I'm driving or doing something else where I can't take them out. It also doesn't irritate my eyes, which is an important detail.

My biggest complaint about this product is that it gets on pretty well for about two months before you have to go in and re-moisten it with contact lens solution or something else. When it gets dry, it does flake a little bit and becomes difficult to spread, which is the sign to add the drops. If you add one or two drops to it, cap it, and flip it over and let it set overnight, it's as good as new, but it's still somewhat annoying (though, to be expected); it's an unfortunate side effect of using gel liners over pencil or liquid. However, it takes it fairly well and rejuvenates easily.

It is not as good of a deal for the product as the Inglot may be, but I find it's much easier to work with and significantly less of a hassle. I bought mine in January and it's still going strong here in June with about almost daily use. Consider me impressed!

I might try the Inglot again after this is up, but I definitely would not turn down MAC Fluidline if that doesn't work and would happily use this product again.

Pros:

- Available in a variety of colors
- Not too dry, not too creamy
- Does not migrate to lids or upper brow bone, even in humidity
- Non-irritating to sensitive eyes

Cons:

- Dries out after two months
- Can flake when it starts to get dry
- Expensive per amount when compared to other brands

on 6/5/2015 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I love a product that I can use for more than one thing, and this beauty is one of them.
Its really good for making a strong and defined eyebrow, with a really skinny angled brush and then brushed out with a spoolie to soften.
Its also lovely for doing the waterline for a softer smokey look with out using black.

The formula can dry out easily if you don't screw the lid back on really tight, and apparently storing it upside down helps. Its not the cheapest thing on the market, and I'm sure you'd find a cheaper alternative, but my eyebrows literally never budge with this on, perfect for a night out on the town.

on 4/22/2015 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I do love this eyeliner. I bought dip down as an alternative to black since it would look less harsh with my colouring. It is still a very very dark deep brown on the skin, applies lovely and sharp and clean, stays also. Very high colour pay off and very creamy, would not buy any other eyeliner. www.romyangela.blogspot.co.uk

on 2/4/2015 10:38:00 AM

I love Dipdown! It seems like a boring color when you look at it, but is actually such a nice alternative to black - I have not used my black eye liners ever since I purchased Dipdown.

It is a rich muted brown color that has no shimmer ot glitter to it. Very matte, yet creamy in application. I like using my angled synthetic brush with it.

The color transfers beautifully and does not need layering for a good intensity. It also wears nicely all day long without smudging or budging. Love Mac fluidlines, they are great!

If you want to see Dipdown in action when applied on the eye, you can check it here. Hope it helps to give an idea.

on 12/18/2014 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Finally, a flat, deep-brown liner that doesn't look black, isn't too red, and applies easily! I've been on the hunt for an everyday brown liner (I don't wear black) that's more creamy than gel (I do not like Bobbi Brown's Gel Liners). Looking through reviews, I found Dipdown highly recommended and decided to give it a try. Perfect! The texture is more creamy than gel and so is (I find) easier to apply, it's a perfect flat, slightly cool matte brown, it applies easily, and you can get a lighter application and totally different look by dampening the brush slightly with water or Fix+. I also love the sturdy glass packaging and wide-mouthed jar--I mist it lightly with water or Fix+ after each use and before closiing the jar to keep it from drying out. This is a winner and will be a staple for me.

on 12/7/2014 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

this is my favourite brow product!! this gives such a defined yet natural looking brow, HOWEVER if you're a beginner at filling in brows, this is not for you, this although is an eyeliner, but many people including me use it for filling in brows, i use this with a mac 266 brush and a little goes a very long way, you can go overboard with this product if you use too much, so just use very little, matches my dark brown hair colour perfectly, and its amazing, i'll definitely repurchase!!!

on 11/1/2014 5:34:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My favorite go-to liner. I usually have to convince myself to use my other liners just for variety! Dipdown is the ultimate in natural gel liner; a dark, warm brown that blends well into the lash line, especially with a brown mascara. Easiest application method I've found is with an angled brush or bent liner brush.

Pros:
* gentle, natural color
* creamy; easy to apply
* lovely dark, matte, warm brown
* can be applied sheer or opaque
* buildable
* smudgeable
* easy to fix mistakes if attempted right away
* does not need to be set with shadow
* very generous amount of product

Cons:
* needs to be stored upside-down to stay creamy
* once set it cannot be easily fixed

This liner lasts significantly longer among all the gel liners I've tried. It does not flake on me like the bobbi brown gel liner. Neither does it smudge as bad as some Japanese drugstore brands such as Kate. The consistency is very creamy and smooth, and color payoff is very intense color. The packaing is quite nice as well, as I have mine for more than half a year and it did not dry out at all.

on 7/24/2014 1:18:00 AM

I use this eyeliner as eyeliner. I'm pretty pale with blonde hair and I can't get used to how I look with black liner. This looks almost black on me but it's just a little more subtle. Nice texture and classy packaging. I am worried about the drying out factor though. But so far so good, would buy again.

Top Rated MAC Products