December 18, 2014 | 1755 users online

Skincare - Face - C.O. Bigelow - Rose Wonder Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by miserlymom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Works well as a makeup remover. I couldn't in a million years use this as a moisturizer as the package indicates it can also be used...it would break me out and leave me feeling far too oily and slick. If you use this as a makeup remover, be sure you have a good cleanser to follow up with. I find it does nicely working off foundation, liquid eyeliners, even lipstick. With mascara, it helps, but I don't like to get these types of products too close to the root of the lashes, so I gently wipe over, but later use a different product on a qtip to really get traces off completely.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 2:28:00 AM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Zits, zits, zits, zits.

Tried it once, got a zit or two. I had been under a lot of stress so I wanted to make sure that wasn't the cause. Gave it some time and tried it again. This time I got even more zits....painful ones! I used the same method I use with my beloved Pond's, but it just did not work for me. I do like the cute container, though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by lcarlis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this after browsing the great reviews. I must say that I concur with the accolades for this product, I have combo skin that is slowly getting drier. I had previously used the DHC cleansing oil--ugh-stung my eyes and required an extra step. This removes makeup--even sunscreen-fabulously. I massage a small amount on face, eyes and neck and remove with a hot washcloth a couple of times and get a soft clean face.This is also a very travel friendly option.
Love it and will continue to buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by nordhimmel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I prefer a heavy duty makeup remover that works for eye makeup, foundation, lipstick, the whole shebang, so I wasn't crazy about some of the liquid removers out there. Neutrogena was pretty good, Cover Girl was horrible, Pond's was a not bad but a little thin, and I never got onto the cleansing oil bandwagon, so I decided to try this awhile ago, when B&BW used to sell this in their stores. This takes everything off like a dream, moisturizes superbly, has a pleasant smell and the cute vintage inspired packaging looks better than your normal boring huge tub of cold cream. I'm a bit miffed that B&BW doesn't sell the Rose Wonder products in their stores any longer and it's a bit of a splurge for a makeup remover, but it's a tried and true product that I'll stick with. I'd love to find an outlet store and stock up, as I don't plan on ever being without this little gem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by womanwarrior

Rose Wonder Cream is a great makeup remover especially for those long-wearing foundations or sunscreens. This is the only cold cream I've found that doesn't have petrolatum or mineral oil, which my face really doesn't do well. The consistency is the same thick cream as say, Pond's Cold Cream, but it smells heavenly -- like fresh roses.

I like to keep a small jar of this in my travel bag, as it is much more convenient to take places than my usual Boscia cleansing oil. Bath and Body Works used to sell this, and I thought it was discontinued. Although I'm not a fan of most BBW products, I love most Bigelow things, and find that BBW coupons are a great way to get them. Luckily, I've recently discovered that BBW online still carries it, as does C.O. Bigelow's website.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by CarolStarr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this from Bath and Body Works, but they stopped carrying the C.O. Bigelow line, so you'll have to purchase directly from the company. I tend to use this as a leave on moisturizer rather than a rinse off cold cream. I personally love when this product "dries" up a bit in the jar so it's more of a balm consistency and less of a cream. I love to put this on over another moisturizer to blanket the skin. It's very soothing. I also love the dark blue glass jar it comes in. This is a nice basic product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by charlie_leone

wow! it takes off everything! it so moisturizing! first i use a warm face cloth to take make up off my face then i use thayers rose toner, really i don't need to use moisturizer, i ready feel moisturizes. got it from ebay for $10us.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2008 2:08:00 PM More reviews by elaineraino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this in BBW on a whim. I massaged a bit of the product onto the back of my hand, and then tissued it off. It left my skin sooo smooth and soft, I wondered how my it would make my face feel. The only thing I don't really like about the product is the packaging. It doesn't seem very hygienic to repeatedly stick your finger in a tub of product used as a facial cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I'm now on my 3rd jar of this and I love it! I have oily but dehydrated skin that doesn't break out easily, but clogs like crazy. I love my Dermalogica Age Smart cleanser and still use it every morning, but I wanted something more hydrating to take my mu off at night. I've tried mineral oil based cold creams (Ponds, etc) and they've wreaked havoc on my face (I know mineral oil isn't supposed to be comedogenic, but for whatever reason my skin hates it). So when I saw this was squalene based, I thought I'd give it a shot. Just amazing!! A nickel size covers my face and neck. I massage it in for a minute and it just melts and becomes so silky...I love the feel of it. I use a warm washcloth to remove and it takes off all my mu and ss. Not a trace left. The cream also removes completely without leaving any kind of grease, residue or coating behind. My skin feels nourished, soft and NOT greasy, which is pretty amazing for my skin (just about everything short of battery acid greases me out). I had intended to use the AS cleanser after this, but there's no need. My face couldn't be any cleaner or fresher without any tightness. The scent is so mild (I normally hate rose scents) and doesn't linger at all. The price is great...$15 for 3.35 oz and you can find it on sale at BBW sometimes. I am truly loving this stuff!
INGREDIENTS: squalane, water, beeswax, ceresin, rosa damascena flower water, sodium borate, butylene glycol, rosa centifolia flower extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, jojoba esters, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, alcohol denat, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I'm now on my 3rd jar of this and I love it! I have oily but dehydrated skin that doesn't break out easily, but clogs like crazy. I love my Dermalogica Age Smart cleanser and still use it every morning, but I wanted something more hydrating to take my mu off at night. I've tried mineral oil based cold creams (Ponds, etc) and they've wreaked havoc on my face (I know mineral oil isn't supposed to be comedogenic, but for whatever reason my skin hates it). So when I saw this was squalene based, I thought I'd give it a shot. Just amazing!! A nickel size covers my face and neck. I massage it in for a minute and it just melts and becomes so silky...I love the feel of it. I use a warm washcloth to remove (you really do have to use a wash cloth or its not coming off!) and it takes off all my mu and ss. Not a trace left. The cream also removes completely without leaving any kind of grease, residue or coating behind. My skin feels nourished, soft and NOT greasy, which is pretty amazing for my skin (just about everything short of battery acid greases me out). I had intended to use the AS cleanser after this, but there's no need. My face couldn't be any cleaner or fresher without any tightness. The scent is so mild (I normally hate rose scents) and doesn't linger at all. The price is great...$15 for 3.35 oz and you can find it on sale at BBW sometimes. I am truly loving this stuff!