C.O. Bigelow Deluxe Gentle Foaming Cleanser

3.7

water, behenyl betaine, cocos nucifera (coconut) extract, calendula officinalis flower extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E acetate), retinyl palmitate (vitamin A palmitate), allantoin, bisabolol, glycerin, pentylene glycol, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, trideceth-9, milk protein, jojoba esters, polysorbate 20, PEG-100 stearate, glyceryl stearate SE, sodium chloride, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben.

on 5/3/2010 6:21:00 PM

I got this for my dry, sensitive skin. It broke me out very quickly so I quit using it figuring my crazy skin was being itself. I later gave it to my sister who has oily, acne prone skin and she broke out as well. She gave it to a friend who also had a bad reaction. All in all, I do not think this product is good and it seems to have a bad effect on a few different skin types.

on 4/28/2010 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I sometimes tend to have pretty bad acne and the cleansers I was using for my oily skin were irritating my breakouts and making them appear much worse. I got this from a friend and I was a bit worried I wouldn't be able to use it because it's intended for normal to dry skin. But I tried it and it's a VERY good cleanser!
It doesn't foam, but it is still very great. I use this every day and it leaves my skin soft and glowing. It's not an INSTANT miracle, and it IS quite expensive, but it's worth the splurge! Trust me!
Two thumbs up, if it hasn't been discontinued.

on 9/1/2009 12:05:00 AM

Finally, a cleanser that doesn't cause redness or breakouts. No slimy or sticky feeling afterwards, either. It has a mild scent. I would re-purchase it, but I think it has been discontinued, since it is no longer listed on the BBW website. too bad, since I finally found a cleanser I liked.

on 8/26/2008 10:20:00 PM

Eh, this is okay. It used to make my skin wonderful, but not anymore. After using this, my T-Zone was EXTREMELY oily and my cheeks were oily also (Their usually dry)! It made my skin sticky and itchy.

on 6/17/2008 11:36:00 PM

This is one of my other favorite new cleansers of the moment. I switch between using H20 and this cleanser. I feel that this does not foam as much but still does it's job of keeping the skin clean. I got this for free as a promo... and am enjoying it! Not sure if I'd repurchase due to price when compared to Biore's... but if this proves to be great after several months, I will invest for sure.

on 5/16/2008 3:25:00 PM

Once I got over the fact that it didn't foam, I started to really love this cleanser. I was worried about cleaning my face with a cleanser that contained oils, but my face feels really clean after using it. It doesn't feel tight or irritated at all. It does have a mild, slightly herbal scent (maybe it is the calendula extract?), but doesn't contain added perfumes. I was surprised by the comments regarding poor make-up removal. I wear a fair amount of make-up (including full eye make-up), and I find that this cleanser just melts it, and doesn't irritate my eyes. Having said that, I don't wear waterproof mascara, so that may be the issue that some are having. I apply the cleanser to dry skin, work it in, and remove with a wet washcloth. I think the washcloth helps with the eye make-up removal, because it comes off really easily.

on 10/10/2007 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Most cleansers (even creamy ones or ones designed for drier skin) dry my skin out a little bit. I was in LOVE with a Dove cleanser (sensitive, creamy, fragrance-free) but it was discontinued. This is probably the closest to it in texture and result that I had found.

This is not foaming so I feel the product name is misleading. It is like a lotion, best applied to dry skin, massaged in -- about 20 seconds in I add a tiny bit of water to my hands then continue massaging -- then rinsed. No fragrance (yay!). Packaging could be better -- it's thick enough that it is hard to get out. Bottle tends to hold squeezing indentations. I do like the sort of minimal packaging though.

My skin tends to get a little red and dry/flaky easily from cleansers and this does not create either effect. I wish it were a little cheaper but hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

on 7/8/2007 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am 40-yrs old, normal-dry skin (used to be horribly oily), slight acne-prone skin. Was looking for a new gentle cleanser and picked this deluxe sample size up for $1 at BBW sale. At first, liked this product, seemed to leave my face clean and fresh, not really dry. The scent was okay, not unpleasant, not wow. But then I was reading the ingredients and noticed that castor oil was among them. Wasn't sure how I felt about using that on my acne-prone face, so stopped using the cleanser. This would probably be a good cleanser for someone w/normal, non-sensitive skin.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

The BEST cleanser I have used. Takes off all my makeup, removes all oil, doesnt break me out (I have acne prone skin) yet leaves my skin feeling healthy. It also has no sulfates or harsh ingredients that can cause irritation. The name is misleading since it doesn't foam, but is more like a light cream. I find it works best by applying just a little bit of warm water on my fingers and then blending a dime sized amount all over my face, removes most makeup and doesnt irritate my eyes.
However, I would steer clear of the cheaper trial size, I have noticed it causes major breakout and always has a funny smell. I think this might be an indication of contaminatied product.

on 1/15/2007 9:42:00 PM

This is my all-time favorite cleanser. After I use this my face is really even and it almost glows. On good days, this and a little C.O. Bigelow moisturizer are all I need. It has oils in it but it never makes me break out, it actually helps to heal and soothe my acne and inflammation.