Clinique Lash Power Mascara

3.9

water - acrylates copolymer - kaolin - silica - beeswax - butylene glycol - peg-15 glycerl stearate - carnauba wax - alcohol denat. - hydrogenated rapeseed oil - polyvinyl alcohol - bentonite - tocopherol - jojoba seed oil - dimethicone - simethicone - stearic acid - sucrose distearate - aminomethyl propanediol - aminoethyl propanediol - sodium citrate - disodium edta - phenoxyethanol - methylparaben - ethylparaben - propylparaben - butylparaben - [ /- mica - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - blue lake 1 (ci 42090) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - carmine (ci 75470) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - manganese violet (ci 77742).

on 8/25/2015 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

So decided to try this mascara instead of my high impact.
Pro
Lovely Brown
Small brush, I got small lashes
Stays put
Minimalist look
Easy to remove
Doesn't cause clumps

Con
No big volume

on 7/18/2015 1:29:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

Its very hit and miss with clinique. This is a miss.
Color: Deep and dark very nice.
Staying power: 1 hour.
Length: not much added.
Curl: none.

Not very good.

on 7/15/2015 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is the first mascara I have bought from clinque, I have extremely sensitive eyes. So most mascaras will cause them to become bloodshot.This one is gentle and doesn't turn my eyes red.I do wish the brush was different. I was born with long eyelashes, so I prefer my mascaras to add thickness and not length. This one makes your lashes quite long, very natural looking. again doesn't make them thick though. overall,Good mascara for sensitive lids/eyes! will be using this for quite a while :)

on 6/11/2015 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The first day I wore this, I thought I had found my HG mascara. Now I'm less impressed, but I still think it has some strong features.

PROS
- The slim, slightly tapering brush with its short bristles is my favourite thing about this mascara. Sometimes I wish the wand were a little longer, but overall it's easy to maneuver; especially great for getting at the lashes at the corners of your eyes.
- No clumping.
- Creates a natural look perfect for those who prefer minimalist makeup; subtly defines and lengthens lashes.
- Comes off easily with warm water and gentle massaging with your fingertips - no makeup remover needed, which is great for sensitive eyes/skin.
- A moderate price point between drugstore and high-end mascaras.

CONS
- Some flaking within a couple hours of application.
- The formula is on the wet side, so it often smudges a bit onto my lower lashes and moderately hooded lids before drying. (It's not nearly as wet as Clinique's Naturally Glossy Mascara, though.)
- No volumizing, so this isn't for you if volume is what you want from a mascara.
- While the tubing formula is easy to remove from lashes, it gets EVERYWHERE when washed off, with bits of mascara all over my face and sink. I plan to try using a cotton pad or washcloth soaked in warm water to see if that minimizes the mess. (A nighttime shower could make it less of a pain, too.)

The removal mess and the flaking are what bother me most about this product, but if I can find a way to streamline the clean-up, I might purchase it again because of the wand and natural definition.

I have dry eyes, oily lids, and my eyes get irritated when I get seasonal allergies. I read a lot of great reviews onthis product and ordered it from Sephora. I tried it three times and each time I had flaking after only an hour or so. I did not use my eye drops while I had this product on, I wasn't sweating or anything. I just wound up with tiny tubes instead of raccoon eyes, but it still got into my eyes and made them red and irritated. I'm very disappointed. The only good thing was that it dried fast upon application. I was expecting it to stay wet for a long time. And I didn't have to do anything to remove it from my lashes..... Because it all came off. :(

on 5/12/2015 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a tubing mascara. The best thing about this mascara is that it does not smudge at all. Mascaras nearly always smudge on me terribly even though I avoid applying it on my lower eyelashes. Then even if they don't give me panda eyes they still smudge a bit and my lower lash line looks dark and smudgey. This does not happen at all with this mascara. I find this mascara to be quite wet and you can cover your eyelashes with the product quickly. Due to this wetness I have also found that it isn't great at lifting the lashes and maintaining a curl. The color is quite a nice rich black and helps to define the eyes. Another nice thing about this product is that the brush is very petite and small, allowing you to grasp each individual lash and enhance it. I really like the brush for small hooded eyes like mine. The finish is more on the natural side and provides some nice length. It isn't as great with the volume. However, if you really work at it you can build up the volume. But it takes a while to achieve this. Also I find that it is best to apply coats in quick succession rather than dying in between as once it starts to dry it gets a bit tacky and adheres to the brush and I have actually pulled two eyelashes out while applying mascara. This also has the potential to get clumpy so be careful. I find that while it is good at defining lashes it isn't as good at separating them. My biggest gripe with this mascara is that it isn't as easy to remove as claimed. Not that it is that difficult but I find that warm water alone is not sufficient to remove it and I use a cleansing oil too. Sometimes I can get a really pretty fluttery effect with this mascara but I can't consistently achieve this each time I use it. This isn't my favorite but sometimes I'd rather be safe than sorry, especially if it is a special occasion and I want to feel secure knowing I'll be panda free. Overall it is a pretty nice mascara and the best things about it are the brush and the fact that it's smudge proof. I will repurchase it because it is reliable. I personally prefer volume and drama with my lashes but finding a mascara that does that and doesn't smudge is easier said than done.

on 4/16/2015 12:49:00 AM

This is a great mascara that I always go back to after trying new mascaras on the market.
Dont let the small brush fool you, it gives great control and precision for application and yet enough mascara ends up on the lashes. Problems I have with many other (non-waterproof) mascaras is that they are too wet which is too heavy for the lashes but not this one.Also it doesnt smudge.
Last but not least I just love how to remove it, just wet your fingers with warm water and the tubes will glide off.

on 4/10/2015 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I always thought big brushes were better, until I got this mascara! The small brush gives you so much control when you apply, and minimizes clumps. It's a tubing mascara, which means that it will only come off with warm water. Makeup remover, rubbing, and oil won't remove it. This makes the formula stay on all day, however, it's incredibly easy to remove at night! Since I started using this, I've had a lot less problems with mascara getting in my contact lenses. For a tubing mascara, this gives you incredibly good volume, as well as length! It separates each and every one of your lashes, giving you a very full, fanned-out lash look. The finish is natural, but noticeable. This mascara rarely clumps, and when it does, it is very easily fixed with an eyelash comb. It makes my eyelashes very feathery and soft, instead of stiff and hard, like others. The packaging is very simple and plain, but durable. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't hold a curl very well. This wasn't enough to take off a lippie though, considering all the other benefits!

on 2/12/2015 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This mascara reminds me a lot of the Kanebo Sensai 38 degrees mascaras. It is equally reliable for me. It does not flake or smear and it comes off in the shower with warm water. I think it removes easier than Kanebos mascara and probably then also will not last as long. I have not tried this in extremely hot kitchen yet becuase it is wintertime but Kanebo mascara lasted perfectly in hot kitchen. I can not wait to test this again at work when summer arrives.
However it is not my favourite mascara. It does not cover every lash easily like the way too expensive but awesome Sisley So Intense mascara. It does not lenghten, thicken or do anything but adds a very reliable darkening of lashes. Reliablity which means non smeaking and flaking is very important to me and thats why I give this one 4. Being Clinique it also is quite pricey.

on 1/6/2015 6:36:00 AM

This is an ok everyday mascara but it doesn't "wow" me!