August 30, 2014 | 1728 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Power

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by lowcapacityx

This is seriously the holy grail for chicks with some oily-a$$ eyelids. Just saying, it works great! I don't have any raccoon eyes and it works all friggen day! Did I mention how awesome it is? If you're on a budget save your money and buy this because it's worth it and works so well.

Note: Never use waterproof mascara if you have oily eyelids because it will still give you raccoon eyes because waterproof mascara is removable by oil...soo don't use it. I learned the hard way when I was trying to find a mascara that wouldn't make me look like I've just been crying.

BESTBESTBESTBESTBESTBEST! I always come back to this! Definitely give it a try and you'll NEVER go back to using any other mascara. True story tho.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by KayVF

(First review) I am giving it five stars only because this is the ONLY mascara that I can wear without giving me raccoon eyes. Every one I've tried over the years has done it, I always had to carry q-tips in my purse for touch up under my eyes. I still have them in my purse but I haven't used them in years because of this mascara.

It is hard to work with, though, hard to comb through after applying and you have to comb when still damp because it will flake if you try to comb after dried. It can be clumpy, hence, the combing and I don't like spider lashes. I have recently tried this in the gray "feathering version", it seemed to flake a little more than the regular through the day but still better than some.

If you are a blinker like me, this is the mascara you need. It will save your sanity when it comes to mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by erincollard

I concur with most ratings that this is long lasting and doesn't smudge although not super dramatic. Even though it doesn't claim to be waterproof it survived the hot tub and shower better than my Avon waterproof mascara, which impressed me. If I sleep in it while camping, I look much less like a raccoon than with most mascaras. The wand is too small so it gives a more natural look rather than providing lots of thickening or lengthening. I think I'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by boobookeys

I LOVE this mascara. HG forever and ever. I look for a mascara that gives a lot of length, some volume, and most importantly, DOES NOT SMUDGE. I have used many mascaras from the drugstore and high end brands including Benefit's They're Real, which smudges terribly on me, believe it or not.

Clinique's Lash Power is a very small, sleek tube, which I love because it's so portable, takes up so little space and really, who needs chunky packaging anyway? The brush is equally slim and tiny compared to the standard mascara, which is great because I have smaller, round eyes that tend to get overwhelmed by big wands. This small wand allows me to really get into the roots of my lashes and really COMB up the lash. This helps is providing a lot more length and separation to the lashes.

The formula is relatively wet which allows the product to really coat the lash and give it more volume. However, if you are the type who loves to "wiggle" the wand at the base of your lashes, it will cause the lashes to clump up due to the wetness. I'm more of the "just comb upwards over and over" kind of person, so clumping is never really a problem for me with this mascara. There are fibres which give extra length as well. I don't have the habit of curling my lashes, but this mascara somehow does it for me! It curls the lashes and the lashes STAY curled.

The best part about this mascara is that it lasts forever without smudging. I live in crazy hot and humid weather, and I sweat bucketloads all the time. This thing does. Not. Budge. It can only be removed using warm water and removes extremely easily. Once in contact with water, you have to kind of gently rub at it (or any kind of touching motion, basically) to get it off your lashes. It flakes off rather than smears off (I'm looking at you, They're Real...) so you don't look like a hot mess if you accidentally cry or get caught in the rain. Easy clean ups! It usually just comes off as I take a shower and wash my face.

Long, black, voluminous lashes that don't budge unless you want it to? Yes, please! Keep it coming!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by VeroniqueDubois

Well...........I give it 5/5 as far as staying-power. It looks as good after premenstrual crying spells and torrential rainstorms as when first applied. No flakes, smudging or running. If an emotional or rainy day is in your cards, this mascara is the go-to.

As far as how it looks on the lashes, I give it 4/5. It applies smoothly and as long as the tube is fresh enough, there is no flaking or smudging. It does give a mildly spiky/spidery appearance to lashes, but not as bad as some mascaras.

The clincher is that when it comes time to take it off, be prepared for unpleasantness. 1/5 is my rating for removability. This is a tubing mascara so does not dissolve. It instead slides off as tiny tubules or portions of tubules. Makeup remover didn't take it off. Warm and eventually hot water had to be splashed on for so long that my eyes were burning from water getting in them, combined with having to pull at the lashes eventually to get the little microtubes to slide off. The microtubes slide off and break, but not always into your sink (where they then they stick to the porcelain). They stick to your cheeks and even get in your eyes. So, you end up having to dig in and fish them out like when a small fruit fly or eyelash gets in your eye.

Unpleasant getting this mascara off, and really quite painful, so all in all, I only wear this mascara once a month. On a day where I need water-resistance.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by kimmaria

I used this on and off with Cliniques primer...I don't HATE it...but it is not my favourite and I will not buy it again. It only stays curl if I heat up my eyelash curler, it smudges everywhere (I honestly don't know why some people are such fans of this). Lasts for me about 4-5 hours before it goes downhill. I don't touch my eyes. I wear contacts, doesn't irritate (thank God). I find some drug store masacaras better than this. Save your money and go by Lancome.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by 16chances

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Clinique's Lash Power mascara is not the mascara for me. The formulation is too wet for me. It takes quite a while to dry. After a few coats, the mascara gets a little clumpy and stick the lashes together, not separate them. I had to use brush my lashes to separate them. But the staying power is amazing and I do not have any significant problems as to it smudging. The price is steep and I will not repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Costenya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Clinique's Lash Power gets high ratings for me for three important reasons: the wand, the price and the staying power. I'm a fan of Diorshow, which I've used for years. But, I've always found Diors wands too big and cumbersome for my lashes, which, in turn, causes smearing. After having positive results with Lash Power a couple years ago, I decided to try it again. It was a winner.

Wand: The wand grips my lashes from the root of the eyelid so that I can evenly and thoroughly apply it. Because I have naturally curly lashes, I apply to both upper and lower surface of my lashes. This wand allow me to execute a perfect application without smudging my lids. With Dior, for example, I would get mascara on my eyelids, because the wand was simply too big. (I may consider switching wands if I want a more bold look).

Price: The $16 price tag makes this product particularly appealing, especially if you're used to paying $25-30 for department store mascaras like I do.

Color: I wear it in Black Onyx. It's a great color for day or evening.

Clinique's Lash Power is definitely underrated.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Bellsss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great mascara for length and definition, not so much volume. This is my go-to mascara when I'm feeling a little more natural look. This is the first mascara I've used by Clinique and so far I like it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by MonJes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the lengthening one as a bonus in sample size. It was soo tiny. I wasnt planning to use it anyway, just for a backup in my pouch. One day I was running late and I had to apply mascara in my car, this was the only mascara in my pouch. I have long lashes but they go straight down like most asian lashes. So I applied this mascara and I really liked the brush. It worked fantastic to get my lashes coated perfectly, it also curled my lashes like no mascara ever did. After approx 5 hours I did some touch up and my lashes stayed curled it never happened with any other mascara. This is a lenghtening mascara it does the job well but what surprises me is it holds the curls for hours. Im gonna pick up the full size one soon.