October 24, 2014 | 1521 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Power

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by vjh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is hands down my favorite mascara ever. Every single other mascara I have ever tried has smudged or flaked on me, from drugstore to more expensive brands. I have worn Lash Power while showering & swimming, & as long as you don't dunk your face in the water it will stay put. This will darken & define your lashes, but it is more of an everyday look, not a nighttime mascara. It's perfect for a special occasion where you need your mascara to last. I wear it every day I wear makeup; it is the only mascara I own. The brush is a regular bristle brush, straight & rather thin. I find the brush is easy to use to get the lashes at the corners of my eye. I've noticed some reviewers saying they found it hard to remove, but I find it removes easily with most make up removers (I'm using Bioderma right now), or even plain warm water. I take a cotton pad, moisten it with remover or warm water, & hold it against my lashes for a minute or so to soften the mascara. It will then come right off of your lashes in little tubes & clumps. If you're ripping out lashes or you can't remove it all, you're doing it wrong. Some people have also said it is clumpy, but I've only found that a problem with an old tube. The mascara will get thicker as it gets older & cause more clumps, but I just comb it out before it dries (it does dry very fast so you have to be quick) and it's fine. I should probably replace my mascara more often than I do anyway. When the tube is new, I usually wipe the tip of my brush on a tissue before applying, though, so maybe that's the trick. The only (minor) complaint I have is that at $20 a tube it is a little more than I would like to pay (what can I say, I'm a poor student!), but I love this mascara so much I'm willing to spend the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2014 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Naromantica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this. I don't do heavy makeup, and therefore I don't need a "special-effects" mascara. This is not the mascara for you who are looking for dragqueen-eyelashes or thick-eyelashes-clubqueen-lashes if you see what I mean ;)

Pros:
* Perfect mascara to achieve a more natural look
* Best partymascara! Stays on no matter how much you dance! (An)
* No irritation to eyes (I've had problems before, past years I only go with clinique)
* Price is reasonable... Now I don't know how long it will last... but I still think it's alright.
* Package....whatever...it's a mascara.

Cons:
* They say it goes away with 39 degrees (celcius) water.... naaah, either I'm cold-blooded or I just don't believe in that. I was hoping it would be easy to remove with oil but no, I need warm water and unless I want to use hot water I need to softly rub it off (And I don't like that..)... not a mascara to bring for forest-rave in other words.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by ultracrazy92

This is my favorite mascara. It comes off very easy with warm water and pressure. This product is great for a daytime or night look. For the daytime I just use one coat and for a night look I add a couple extra coats to make the look more dramatic.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by GreenGables

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent mascara. I can only use tubing mascaras. Everything else smears under my eyes, no matter what brand or formula. This mascara applies nicely with no clumping. It will not budge at all. It will not give you dramatic lashes. If you need a lot of volume this will not give it. If you are looking for a mascara that will not smudge and defines your lashes nicely this will work.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 9:20:00 AM More reviews by shady74

This mascara is like nothing I've tried before. It's a 'tubing' mascara in that you have to take it off with hot water which, personally, I find annoying so I don't use it every day. On the plus side, it gives me the longest lashes I've ever known in just one coat. You look at the tiny little wand and think 'really?!' but after about four strokes, you got major lash. If it's a thick, false lash effect you want, this is not for you but if it's length and definition you want, give this a go. It stays on ALL DAY so I use it when I know I'll be going straight out after work and need a no-smudger. If I could take it off with regular E/M Remover I'd never buy anything else, but hey, you can't have everything.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by xosandy

I have a sample size of this mascara in Black Onyx. It is actually quite nice. Great if you want the everyday simple, natural look. I am not a big mascara girl but it's perfect for on-the-go. If you want volume, this is not the mascara for the trick but it is good for lengthening.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by lowcapacityx

This is seriously the holy grail for chicks with some oily-a$$ eyelids. Just saying, it works great! I don't have any raccoon eyes and it works all friggen day! Did I mention how awesome it is? If you're on a budget save your money and buy this because it's worth it and works so well.

Note: Never use waterproof mascara if you have oily eyelids because it will still give you raccoon eyes because waterproof mascara is removable by oil...soo don't use it. I learned the hard way when I was trying to find a mascara that wouldn't make me look like I've just been crying.

BESTBESTBESTBESTBESTBEST! I always come back to this! Definitely give it a try and you'll NEVER go back to using any other mascara. True story tho.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by KayVF

(First review) I am giving it five stars only because this is the ONLY mascara that I can wear without giving me raccoon eyes. Every one I've tried over the years has done it, I always had to carry q-tips in my purse for touch up under my eyes. I still have them in my purse but I haven't used them in years because of this mascara.

It is hard to work with, though, hard to comb through after applying and you have to comb when still damp because it will flake if you try to comb after dried. It can be clumpy, hence, the combing and I don't like spider lashes. I have recently tried this in the gray "feathering version", it seemed to flake a little more than the regular through the day but still better than some.

If you are a blinker like me, this is the mascara you need. It will save your sanity when it comes to mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by erincollard

I concur with most ratings that this is long lasting and doesn't smudge although not super dramatic. Even though it doesn't claim to be waterproof it survived the hot tub and shower better than my Avon waterproof mascara, which impressed me. If I sleep in it while camping, I look much less like a raccoon than with most mascaras. The wand is too small so it gives a more natural look rather than providing lots of thickening or lengthening. I think I'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by boobookeys

I LOVE this mascara. HG forever and ever. I look for a mascara that gives a lot of length, some volume, and most importantly, DOES NOT SMUDGE. I have used many mascaras from the drugstore and high end brands including Benefit's They're Real, which smudges terribly on me, believe it or not.

Clinique's Lash Power is a very small, sleek tube, which I love because it's so portable, takes up so little space and really, who needs chunky packaging anyway? The brush is equally slim and tiny compared to the standard mascara, which is great because I have smaller, round eyes that tend to get overwhelmed by big wands. This small wand allows me to really get into the roots of my lashes and really COMB up the lash. This helps is providing a lot more length and separation to the lashes.

The formula is relatively wet which allows the product to really coat the lash and give it more volume. However, if you are the type who loves to "wiggle" the wand at the base of your lashes, it will cause the lashes to clump up due to the wetness. I'm more of the "just comb upwards over and over" kind of person, so clumping is never really a problem for me with this mascara. There are fibres which give extra length as well. I don't have the habit of curling my lashes, but this mascara somehow does it for me! It curls the lashes and the lashes STAY curled.

The best part about this mascara is that it lasts forever without smudging. I live in crazy hot and humid weather, and I sweat bucketloads all the time. This thing does. Not. Budge. It can only be removed using warm water and removes extremely easily. Once in contact with water, you have to kind of gently rub at it (or any kind of touching motion, basically) to get it off your lashes. It flakes off rather than smears off (I'm looking at you, They're Real...) so you don't look like a hot mess if you accidentally cry or get caught in the rain. Easy clean ups! It usually just comes off as I take a shower and wash my face.

Long, black, voluminous lashes that don't budge unless you want it to? Yes, please! Keep it coming!