April 19, 2014 | 1117 users online

Lip Treatments - Kiehls - Lip Balm #1

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite lip balm product, especially when I was on a course of Accutane and had the severe dry, cracked lip problem. I find this very lubricating and long-lasting, and it gives a great shine without being sticky. This stopped my lips from cracking and drying out. What I love best is that it is in a squeeze tube instead of a stick form because in hot weather, lip balms in stick form melt and get messy in hot weather. The only drawback is that this product can explode if you're traveling to high altitudes heh.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by PORTIAINDIRA

This was a waste of money$ It is Too thin to do me any good. It does not have an applicator fitting for my lips. It is just the end of a plastic screw! I am MOST disappointed:{ It is $9.00

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by lidyachu

I used to love this product, and stopped after realised that it has the same ingredient as vaseline (petroleum jelly), but with sunscreen.
This lip balm could liquify itself for some reason, and it makes it a bit messy to apply. It is quite moisturising, and gives you a glossy finish. It helps me with my dry lips. However, the effect does not long lasting, and I'll need to apply it several times a day. Definitely will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Gabyflogar

A bit dissapointed with the product.
It does not stay for long need to re apply several times

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not much different to vaseline apart from the packaging and scent. I got the coconut and it doesnt smell bad or good, but if i didnt know what it was meant to be i wouldnt guess coconut. I prefer pawpaw ointment or chap stick. It comes off easily and doesnt do anything to help your lips, just a layer of shine over them to protect from wind really

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

Stumbled across this product while browsing at Kiehl's. Both my mom and I had heard good things about this lip balm and it lives up to its reputation! I got it in mint and my sister got it in mango. Although I find the fruity scents too strong, the mint one moisturizes my lips but looks like a gloss, which is perfect for me! This is one of my go-to lip products for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Nesa76

I bought the mango version of #1 lip balm specifically for a summer sailing holiday in New Zealand, my purchase was based on a friends recommendation and the SPF of the product.

Unfortunately for my lips, this lip balm turned out to the most disastrous product I have ever purchased. It was worse than useless and I believe it actually caused severe burns to my lips.

I began using the product as soon as I arrived in New Zealand (from UK) because I have experience of the harsh NZ sun having lived there for half my life.

The lip balm smells nice, but the texture is greasy without moisturising and it doesn't last long on my lips.

After the first day out sailing, my lips became extremely sunburnt, despite liberally applying the product all day. At the end of the 4 day trip, I would say my lips were close to 3rd degree burns - split, bleeding, swollen with weeping blisters. I've been back in the UK for 5 days and the swelling & pain have reduced, though they are still split and slightly bleeding.
I believe the lip balm liquefied on my lips and acted as a "cooking oil" and caused the severe burns I experienced.
In all my time living in NZ and as a keen sailor, this is the worst sun burnt lips I've ever had! I had to take pain killers to get to sleep!

I didn't keep my receipt so I couldn't get a refund.

My advice is: do not buy this product, especially if you are going somewhere with harsh sun like NZ or Australia. It does nothing to protect lips from the sun or repair dry/chapped lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

A lip balm that moisturizes well when you first start to use it. Also feel like i am putting oil on my lips when i am applying it. Expensive, like 2-3 times the price of a drug store brand. It tastes really weird!
I would not repurchase it because of the price, not forgetting that it turns very yellowish after using for few times! I am sure there are cheaper alternatives out there that do a better job than this lip balm.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

I bought this because of Demi Moore!!

Really didn't like this lip balm. It didn't feel great on my lips at all!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Acts well as a moisturizer

It really absorbs; it doesn't just sit on top of your lips. I wear it under my lipstick and sometimes over as a lip gloss because it is shiny. It's very soothing on dry or chapped lips. The smell reminds me of Vaseline and the texture reminds me of Neosporin as I can best describe but it's not unpleasant as a lip balm at all. Love it.