Kiehl's Lip Balm #1

3.3

PETROLATUM, SQUALANE, LANOLIN, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM OIL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHEROL, FRAGRANCE, ALLANTOIN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT

the smoothest and silkiest lipbalm I've ever tried. I love it much more than vaseline portelium jelly. it moisturize deeply leaving my chapped lips soft and supple. Definitely my lip savior.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product! I have literally every scent/flavour and they all smell sooo yummy! I understand this is only petroleum jelly like Vaseline but honestly feel the formulation is soo much better! Goes on smoothly and leaves no horrible residue on lips when dried in. Leaves my lips smooth & soft. Althought a little pricey, it literally lasts for ever! Well worth a buy!!

on 12/28/2014 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this! It heals my lips and makes them soo soft plus the packaging is really nice and convenient.

on 12/17/2014 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use a lot of lipbalm because I have dry lips. I tried many brands and this is easily one of the worst I have ever used. It looks an feel like vaseline coming straight out of a jar. The #1 I bought is scentless (scents get annoying pretty quickly) but it tastes like petroleum. Super disgusting. Finally, on the lips it feel like a greasy layer. For this price is nothing but robbery for an extremely low quality product.

On a side note, most Kiehl's products for me are not working, so I am ready to give up on the brand.

on 9/24/2014 11:21:00 AM

I got mango one. Nice smell, however I was not particulary pleased with this lip balm, it nourishes and moisturizes normally and for the price, either function and package are not appropriated for a product that I would recomend. Maybe if it had an applicator, it would help!

on 9/10/2014 10:01:00 PM

Smells nicer, but this wears like vaseline: thin, slippery, greasy, and dissolves lipstick. I like petroleum jelly sometimes, but I don't need to pay extra for a light vanilla scent.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Got this from loreal for consumer testing. This smells exactly like oil paints >.< All this is petroleum jelly. Wish it was a tad thicker and fyi mine is not flavored. Ill use it all but will never buy. Also theres no lip applicator pretty odd for a balm in a tube

on 5/29/2014 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got mango flavour. Smells delicious! It comes out like transparent gel and as soon as it touches my lips, it just melts into it like water. Very unique feel. The only cons is that there is no applicator. You either use your fingers or straight from the tube but it doesn't come with slated tip so i don't think it is built to be used this way (direct to the lips).

on 5/26/2014 6:45:00 PM

The opinions about this product are really divided...it seems you either love it or hate it ;)

Well, I love this product.
It is a very oldschool lip balm that is petrolatum based.
Petrolatum and lanolin will create a barrier on your lips so that the moisture stays in but these are not the only effective ingredients it contains. It also has squalane and cotton oil as main ingredients which actually penetrate the skin and pamper it.

It surely works for me...my lips feel very soft and moisturized. It does not leave a gloopy film or anything but looks shiny on the lips and absorbs rather quickly.

You can also use this balm for dry cuticles, taming eyebrows and (beauty secret coming up) for your eye lids to give them a healty sheen, when you are wearing minimal makeup.

The downside is the smell but I think there is one in mango flavour so maybe you can try out that one.

on 2/27/2014 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is my absolute favorite lip balm product, especially when I was on a course of Accutane and had the severe dry, cracked lip problem. I find this very lubricating and long-lasting, and it gives a great shine without being sticky. This stopped my lips from cracking and drying out. What I love best is that it is in a squeeze tube instead of a stick form because in hot weather, lip balms in stick form melt and get messy in hot weather. The only drawback is that this product can explode if you're traveling to high altitudes heh.

Popular Lip Treatments