November 28, 2014 | 1623 users online

Lip Treatments - Kiehl's - Lip Balm #1

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by giullieta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got mango one. Nice smell, however I was not particulary pleased with this lip balm, it nourishes and moisturizes normally and for the price, either function and package are not appropriated for a product that I would recomend. Maybe if it had an applicator, it would help!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by formika8476

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smells nicer, but this wears like vaseline: thin, slippery, greasy, and dissolves lipstick. I like petroleum jelly sometimes, but I don't need to pay extra for a light vanilla scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by dropdeadlovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this from loreal for consumer testing. This smells exactly like oil paints >.< All this is petroleum jelly. Wish it was a tad thicker and fyi mine is not flavored. Ill use it all but will never buy. Also theres no lip applicator pretty odd for a balm in a tube

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by missybeanie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got mango flavour. Smells delicious! It comes out like transparent gel and as soon as it touches my lips, it just melts into it like water. Very unique feel. The only cons is that there is no applicator. You either use your fingers or straight from the tube but it doesn't come with slated tip so i don't think it is built to be used this way (direct to the lips).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by CatVid

The opinions about this product are really divided...it seems you either love it or hate it ;)

Well, I love this product.
It is a very oldschool lip balm that is petrolatum based.
Petrolatum and lanolin will create a barrier on your lips so that the moisture stays in but these are not the only effective ingredients it contains. It also has squalane and cotton oil as main ingredients which actually penetrate the skin and pamper it.

It surely works for me...my lips feel very soft and moisturized. It does not leave a gloopy film or anything but looks shiny on the lips and absorbs rather quickly.

You can also use this balm for dry cuticles, taming eyebrows and (beauty secret coming up) for your eye lids to give them a healty sheen, when you are wearing minimal makeup.

The downside is the smell but I think there is one in mango flavour so maybe you can try out that one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite lip balm product, especially when I was on a course of Accutane and had the severe dry, cracked lip problem. I find this very lubricating and long-lasting, and it gives a great shine without being sticky. This stopped my lips from cracking and drying out. What I love best is that it is in a squeeze tube instead of a stick form because in hot weather, lip balms in stick form melt and get messy in hot weather. The only drawback is that this product can explode if you're traveling to high altitudes heh.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by PORTIAINDIRA

This was a waste of money$ It is Too thin to do me any good. It does not have an applicator fitting for my lips. It is just the end of a plastic screw! I am MOST disappointed:{ It is $9.00

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by lidyachu

I used to love this product, and stopped after realised that it has the same ingredient as vaseline (petroleum jelly), but with sunscreen.
This lip balm could liquify itself for some reason, and it makes it a bit messy to apply. It is quite moisturising, and gives you a glossy finish. It helps me with my dry lips. However, the effect does not long lasting, and I'll need to apply it several times a day. Definitely will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Gabyflogar

A bit dissapointed with the product.
It does not stay for long need to re apply several times

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I probably wont buy this again because its expensive for a lip balm and i have a container full of cheaper lip balms that also works, but i was in a yolo moment when i bought it 7 months ago. I got coconut. It does the job well, its pretty sticky and shiny, the kind of lip balm that your hair sticks too. I like to use it after i use lush lip scrub, then pop this on before bed and my lips are soft and moisturised when i wake up. But yeah probably wont repurchase unless i get a pay rise and money isnt an issue