October 30, 2014 | 966 users online

Eye Shadow - Cargo - Duo in Pasadena

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by PaintedBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First, I LOVE this duo! Second...I am surprised at everyone, including the website, referring to the lighter shade as a blue or a green. I know I am not color blind, but I swear mine is more a silver/gray than anything else. When I first saw this duo, I immediately thought of the way pebbles look under clear stream water...muted browns and grays...I know that sounds silly and overly poetic, but that's what I think of when I look at these 2 colors together. LOL
I have a fair/medium skintone with olivey undertones. I have medium brown hair and hazel eyes, and this is sooo pretty on. I put the light shade on my lid, up to the crease, then apply the brown in the crease and outer v...deepening it in the outer v area a bit, apply a bit of a dark sable liner and *viola* a simple yet very pretty, soft look.
Love the packaging...and the texture is amazing! Yes, I would buy this again as it's one of my go-to's.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 10:55:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

I wanted to try a green eyeshadow, but one that wasn't too dark or intense for day--and this fit the bill. It's a very pale turquoise with a medium, soft brown. The light color is a nice contrast to my dark brown syes, just what I wanted. The brown shade works well in crease or the corners. Great shade!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2005 6:15:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I really like this duo unlike the previous reviewers. Pasadena is a shimmery taupey brown shade and a shimmery light silvery blue shade. Both shades are nicely pigmented, glide on smoothly and last all day. The blue shade does show up more silvery than blue but i still think its very pretty. Retails for $20 and comes in a silver cargo tin with twist off lid which can stick slightly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2005 4:32:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

i bought this initially because i thought the color contrast of the two colors was wonderful -- one side is a shimmery ice blue, and the other is a less shimmery dark brown. however, once i got it home, i couldnt get it to look right on me. the brown worked as a liner, but the blue looked harsh as a wash on my NC40, asian skin. i ended up returning it to sephora. the packaging is a big plus for me, though, because i think cargo tins are very cute. the price is decent, $20, which averages to $10 a shadow. i want to try more cargo shadows, because the texture was smooth and the pigmentation very good, but this duo was not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2005 4:42:00 PM More reviews by smgallo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This duo really compliments my hazel/green eyes. The seafoam green color goes on lighter on me than it looks in the packaging, but the brown shadow is a really nice warm chocolate color that brightens up my fair but yellow complexion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2005 2:46:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I saw this on the pages of the Sephora catalog and I HAD to have it. In person, this duo is even more amazing, but the colors just aren't too impressive on the lids. The duo consists of a warm chocolate brown shimmery shadow and a lighter slightly seafoam green shade (described as robin's egg blue, but I don't see it). The lighter shade reminds me of a more subtle version of Mac's Surreal in the pan. On the eyes however, the lighter shade was more shimmery silver than the light seafoam green I had expected. If you're looking for color, you should skip this shadow, but then again, it was featured in the Sephora catalog as a neutral duo. This is my first Cargo e/s and I was very pleased with the quality and texture of the shadow; however i doubt I will repurchase. At $20 however I think a e/s duo is very reasonable. I'll keep this one though because it's so soft and pretty for spring, but for more color, I'm looking into the Omaha duo.
EDIT: 03/01/2005 - After playing around with this duo some more, I've decided that I'm going to return it. The colors end up looking too muddy on my lids and make this duo not worth it. continued >>