Mario Badescu Olive Eye Cream

4.2

Ingredients: Vegetable Oil,Deionized Water, Olive Oil,Carnation Oil, Beeswax,Quaternium-60,Isopropyl Myristate, Cocoa Butter,Cetyl Alcohol,Propylparaben,Sodium Benzoate,Imidazolidinyl Urea 5/20/09

on 7/12/2015 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I do not like jar packagings, but this is such a great moisturizing eye cream! I have searched high and low for something better than the kiehls avocado eye cream and finally this is it! Plus it is cheaper too. I only need one layer and then I wait for it to sink in. This cream also works really good under any concealer. I have been using it for two months and unless I find something that is equally moisturizing and good for dark circles I will repurchase this. (for those who find this eye cream doesn't do much-you are right but pairing it with an under eye serum with tons antioxidants will be your solution-I recommend the one Dr Dennis Gross has called ferulic +retin serum)

on 4/9/2015 4:12:00 AM

Having tried almost every cream out there for my v sensitive fine lined eyes..I was v skeptical but bought on strength of reviews here..glad to say not dissatisfied at all..In fact love it! very moisturising silky soft sheen..definitely decreases effect of fine lines..does not affect my sensitive eyes at all..easy put make up on after..try it I think it's perfect!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this eye cream. I find it extremely moisturizing and soothing. It is so rich and buttery that a little goes a very long way. I suffer from chronic dry eye, which makes my eyes tear a lot. After a particularly bad bout with lots of tearing, the skin around my eye will be red, irritated, chapped and painful. This is the only cream I've found which instantly soothes the under eye area. Although it is recommended as a night cream, I'll sometimes use just a tiny dab during the day when I'm having a real bad flare up of the dry eye. It calms my skin and makes it feel supple again within minutes. And as a night cream, it is just wonderful ... I awake with plumped, soft skin! I do love the Mario Badescu line of products and use quite a bit of them. I've read so many reviews that bash the packaging of these products, and I'm always amazed that no one mentions cosmetic spatulas. I bought a package of spatulas at my nearby beauty supply store. They were inexpensive and, although meant to be disposable, can be washed and re-used. I use a spatula to dip into the jar and that way I don't need to use my fingers and risk contaminating the product. As far as I'm concerned, this is an essential accessory to using any of the MB products which come in jars.

on 9/8/2014 9:09:00 PM

This the only eye cream I have found that combats dry winter skin. It absorbs so quickly, that I even wear it during the day under makeup. I can't recommend this enough.

on 1/7/2014 5:40:00 PM

This is my HG eye cream. I have tried using other eye creams from this brand (the hyaluronic one), as well as creams from bliss, lancome, and tart; and I have tried various oils such as apricot, sweet almond, and grape seed.
The creams were either too runny or burned my sensitive skin; and, the oils seemed to absorb too quickly and did nothing to help with my undereye "wrinkles."

This eye cream has a very thick consistency, yet it does not sit on top of my skin, the way that i find vaseline does. It absorbs and hydrates my eyes almost miraculously! It is light enough to use during the day, under makeup (if applied with a light finger), and, it is heavy enough to be built up in thick layers at night.

I am young enough to not have actual wrinkles, but this helps with fine lines that are probably caused from lack of sleep and dehydration. I cannot live without this eye cream.

The only con is that I do not find the jar to be hygenic.
And my only uncertainty is whether or not it will be what someone with aged skin is looking for. I have found for myself, it is a perfect eyecream for maintaining/bettering youthful skin.

on 6/18/2013 4:04:00 AM

I really like this eye cream, for one main reason. I sometimes get a condition that makes my upper and lower eyelids puffy, itchy, burning and red. Not to mention dry! dry peeling and scaly. It's always a reaction to a product I use on my eyes. Whenever I would get this reaction it would last for weeks, and no moisturizer, organic oils, vaseline, lanolin or any home remedy helps. They all burned my skin so bad and made the swelling worse. However, this product works. Even straight olive oil burned, but this eye cream for some reason helped my eyelids go back to normal. I even lightly used it for the daytime for a few weeks. But I wouldn't recommend that. I only use it for night time because it just sits there. It doesn't absorb. And sometimes it stings my eyes for like ten seconds after I apply, but I can deal with that for moisturized lids. Ps a little goes a long way. I get this as a free sample when i order the drying lotion (hg) and it lasts forever.

on 8/31/2011 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I hate to be the party pooper here but I'm just not impressed with this eye cream at all. I've been using it for over 2 months and have not seen any improvement in my eye area. The inner-medial skin around my eyes is still dry and has fine lines because of that. There is no softening or lessening of the lines under my eyes. They don't look moisturized. Plus, I feel like this product does not sink in and most of it just comes off on the pillow. Wanted to love this eye cream but it didn't work out. On to the dermonectin eye cream.

on 1/1/2011 11:56:00 PM

I got a sample of this when I ordered something on the website. I liked it a lot more than other eye creams I have used and will probably repurchase. I definitely liked it more than the hyaluronic eye cream, which made my eyes sting and didn't moisturize. I wish it was a bit cheaper though. This never made my eyes sting as some of the other reviewers mentioned. I have pretty dry skin, often around my eyes and this always took care of that. If you're not sure if you want to buy it, request a sample of it because it's a pretty good sized sample and lasted me for quite awhile. I only used this at night because it is a bit oily. You need a very small amount of this for use.

on 12/22/2010 6:11:00 PM

I tend to like thick eye creams, and I like this one a lot. There is no discernible smell, and, most importantly, I can put a lot on and it doesn't sting my eyes. In the past I've used (and liked) eye creams that would make my eyes hurt, and I just accepted that that is what happens when you put a cream too close to your eyes. But I have no problems with this one. It's pretty greasy, though, so it's a nighttime-only sort of cream. I used to use Kiehl's Avocado eye cream, but I like this one better - it's easier to put on (glides on, no tugging at skin) and no stinging.

on 12/14/2010 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really like this cream - it's exactly what I was looking for. A simple hydrating eye cream. I'll admit, it's like putting lip balm on your eyes. But this was a plus for me in a way - my skin is really dry and tight and this helps hydrate and soften for longer than 5 minutes.

However, it's kind of making my eyes sting. I'm really disappointed. My eyes feels a little bit like when I cut up onions (but not that much but still...). I feel like my eyes are red and teary.

I'm going to tough it a little longer though and see what happens. I had a eye pencil which used to have the same effect (MAC powerpoint) and my eyes eventually got use to it. I'll edit if it gets better.

Don't like the packaging much. Not keen on the MB pots.

Ah, such a shame. I'm gutted. :(

UPDATE: My eyes have gotten used to it after a little while so I've upped the score to 4. But I am careful not to put it too close to my eyes though. It's been very useful lately, my eyes have been very dry and irritated.

I've also noticed something pretty cool - I use MAC studio finish concealer on spots and imperfections, but I find it too thick for dark circles. BUT, with this eye cream, it is really good, with better finish than a lot of thinner concealers I've tried. Very excited about this. I've only tried it once, by accident. I'll give this a try for a while and edit.