August 1, 2014 | 1633 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites Ball Powder Beige Chic 03

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packaging of this product is beautiful and the pearls itself. However, i feel that the price of this product is too high. It does exactly what every other highlighters out there does, which illuminate your skin. It's very glittery up close and in the sun light, but for picture purpose it's great. I would love to collect all of them just for the packaging but i wont use them. I don't grab for it as much because it's take time to open the packaging and then the fall out makes a mess on my desk. The pearls are so pretty, i don't even want to use them. This product is very pricey so not unless you have money to throw away, I suggest get an inexpensive high-lighter else where. There's a slight smell to it but it's not strong and it don't bother me. It smell like perfumed powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am giving this 5's across the board and a yes for repurchase- that more or less sums it up. Nice product, expensive, and glorious packaging. I admit my main desire to have this stemmed from the packaging. The kind shown in the picture for this review. The one I have is actually different, it's a metal tin. I kind of liked the other one, but others say it was cheap and cardboardy so I guess this is an improvement. Anyway, I was determined to own one of these b/c they are fancy and I like feeling fancy. When deciding between shades one two and three, the SA at Sephora told me the first (01) was a highlighter, the second (02) is a blush, and the third (this one, the one I got, 03) is a bronzer. No idea if this is true, I'd never heard that before. But that's what she said. This product (03) makes my skin look a bit more even and radiant. I really think it does. I don't know how much of my belief that this works is due to the fact that I paid so much for it, and love the packaging, and really want it to work. It may be an elaborate trick that works on all us makeup-people because we just really want it to work. If so, it works on me! Since I am already tannish (as the SA said) this really doesn't add color to my face, just evens the skin tone. Which is good, I am not a big bronzer fan anyway. If I rub one of the balls against my skin (heh) I can see glitter, but it doesn't apply that way on the face (thankfully). It claims to be light-reflecting, which may be the case. If I look VERY closely at my face, I can see an occasional very fine glitter particle; but this is only upon inspection, this doesn't make your FACE look glittery to anyone who is standing a normal distance from you. So I'm fine with that. Anyway, it makes me feel fancy to own and use. Is that shallow? Maybe! I love it. I'd probably repurchase. My impression of these products (since she tried all three on me) is that this shade might be best for tanner people or people who want their skin to look tanner (ie looking for a subtle bronzer). The first one is probably best for fair-skinned ladies, I think it might be too whiteish/highlighty for all-over use for others. The middle one... I think that's just a subtle blush, not worth it in my opinion. It's too pink to put all over your face. Anyway, those are my thoughts on this fancy product!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Darn it! Darn it! I love this stuff! which only means that I will have to keep shelling out $50+ dollars on it when I run out but it's so worth it and you get a lot. It leaves behind just a veil of luminosity, making you look just a bit more awake than without it. I think I should point out that it is not a setting powder, but a finishing powder. A setting powder is much more oil controlling and offers color and coverage and is going to lock your concealer. foundation in place, while a finishing powder offers polish to a look and can be applied throughout the day; as the coverage is almost non-existant, whisper thin; i.e. while setting powder can take away the dewiness of a foundation, a finishing powder can add it back. Will purchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 3:07:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

If you are in the market for decorative pieces for you bathroom, this might be a worthwhile product. As for a make up product, I was sorely disappointed. In my opinion this product is greatly overrated! It really isn’t anything more then an average (or maybe even below average) highlighting face powder. I didn’t feel like it really did anything to improve the look of my skin. I thought the size of the shimmer particles where just too big for my liking. There are a lot of highlight products for much less that have a much finer texture to create a more natural looking dewy look. To me, this looks like a really dull, chalky powder with large shimmer particles trying to make up for that. It really isn’t a good setting powder for foundation either. It doesn’t control oil, it doesn’t make makeup last longer. It’s… kinda.. …just… pointless…. The “balls” are neat looking, but serve not real purpose. Some of them break, and I have a pool of dust on the bottom. It smells like candy. If you are looking for a nice highlight powder, I would recommend the Physicians Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls for a whopping $13. This is nothing more then something pretty that is marked up a million times due to the luxury appeal. Pass. I can buy a lot of makeup for 50-somethine bucks.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by MsLCY

Beautiful packaging, fairly pricey. I honestly did not see a lot of skin benefits/ results with this product, if it weren't for the gorgeous packaging, I would've thought it was some regular drugstore product. I do really like it only because it makes me feel "prestigious"

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 7:39:00 PM More reviews by diffa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a beauty splurge for me. Guerlain is one of the higher end brands that entice you with it's beautiful packaging and glamour. I'm a sucker for shiny things so I died when I saw the new packaging for meteorites. The old packaging was made of flimsy cardboard which in all honestly is not worth the $55 that you pay for it. But the upgraded version is much more luxurious and is made out of a metal tin with a gorgeous design on the lid. I still can't justify the price but I feel a little better because I feel like a princess every time I use it!

The balls are pretty much the same, which all the colors of the rainbow coming together to give you a beautiful complexion. It gives off more of a sheen than a shimmer which is what I like about it. a lot of highlighters or powder give off too much sparkle but this gives of a subtle glow to your skin.

I don't know what this stuff is made of but it is definitely a winner as far as finishing powders go.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by valerian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this for myself as a special treat with some birthday money I had and could hardly wait to try it!
Unfortunatley, the first problem I had was how to get into the damned thing!!! It was almost impossible but managed it eventually (I have short nails so I didnt break any fortunatley)
The initial use as a glowy setting powder for my foundation was I have to say underwhelming :( Maybe I hoped I would resemble a glowy celebrity but it was not the case) The finish was nice and sheer and the wear was good but I guess I was hoping for a little more of the glow factor.

Over time I have been a little more realistic and have perfected the art of getting the top of the container off without losing the precious little balls down the sink and now use to set my concealer in the under eye area.I have a particular loathing for both a shiny finish to my concealer (makes any slight puffiness more obvious) and a crepey finish after setting it with powder (for obvious reasons) and the meteorites tackle both these issues well.
After applying my concealer, I use a foundation brush (Not a concealer, fluffy or any other brush) sweep it lightly over the balls and stroke gently over the applied concealer concentrating on the inner areas of the under eye (If that makes sense).
This sets the concealer for the day, giving a light glow and not caking or creasing and works well for me. In the summertime or when Im hot I have also applied as a setting powder using the Bare essentuals flawless face brush which mattifies but doesnt look too heavy.
Seeing I only use on a daily basis such a small amount I probably wont repurchase. Hope this helps! :)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2010 3:20:00 AM More reviews by MMnoob

I got this from a sephora set with 8 over sample products. It has an odur that is almost like baby powder scent. Consists of beads that are peach, pale yellow, dirty pale purple and pearly white making it the perfect combo of highlighting colors. If it isn't for the price (around $50+), I might buy the full size but I haven't even made a dent in the product. XD Very long lasting

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by pepeleru

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG secret weapon in my makeup arsenal. It just does the trick for my complexion, whether I am having a good skin day or in particular a bad one, it evens out my skin tone (after powder or a bit of concealer/foundation that is) and makes my skin look even, warm and glowing. I have bought meteorites for years (they last for years as well) and this is my most favourite colour out of them all, way better than mythic which tends to add too much pink to my face (nc20 for ref, can get splotchy and red). Its expensive yes, but for me, lives up to the hype, lasts forever so is worth the price tag. I am not crazy about the packaging, i hate how they changed from hard plastic container to these crap cardboard container, looks super cheap and they are hard to travel with, but i suppose then you could just buy the pressed version (which I never have because the price was sooo much higher!) but if you want more coverage, def the pressed is the way to go, my friend uses the pressed and it eliminates the need for foundation whereas the balls are more of a finishing powder. love this will always buy again and again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 4:22:00 AM More reviews by xjslx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Despite all the raves about this product, sadly it did not really live up to my expectations. On my NC20 complexion, it does not really show up except as little itty bitty scattered glitters... not a great look as either a highlighter nor a face finishing powder. Thankfully I received the mini size from a swap, so I don't need to cry over money wasted in this product.