July 22, 2014 | 1298 users online

Masks - C.O. Bigelow - Seaweed Soothing Mask

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hated this stuff. I have pretty normal skin that tends to get dry in the winter. Even though my skin is usually normal, I still like to have a mask every now and then to get rid of impurities and make my skin glow. First, this mask smells really, really bad. I guess what I am smelling is the seaweed, but I can't really put my finger on it. Second, after a few minutes of this mask on my face, my skin began to sting. I do not have sensitive skin, but this made my skin feel very uncomfortable. That, on top of the smell, and I finally just had to throw it away. On a positive note, my skin did have a glowing look after I would rinse it off, but it wasn't worth making my skin hurt.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I disliked this mask. It didn't dry and just sat on my face, and I felt it really didn't do anything. Sorry I spent the money. I got it on clearance at Bath & Body Works for $9.00. Just never got around to returning it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2008 4:32:00 AM More reviews by GooberPuff

First off... I hate it when companies say their products are for "all skin types" just so they can sell more. Well this mask is actually for all skin types. YAY! I have oily skin and this was definitely soothing. I used in the shower and just rinsed off. (time-saver) Left my skin soft & didn't clog pores or leave film. Nice. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Rapunzelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very dry, somewhat sensitive skin. I never really break out and even though my skin is pretty flawless i'm aways looking to keep it that way or improve it. Most clay masks are VERY drying for me and I have to use a strong moisturizin mask afterwards, but this cleans out my pores along with adding moisture to my skin. It's really perfect for my skin type, but it's defintiely not for everyone. This is for people who have very dry skin who still want the benefits of a mud mask while keeping the moisture level up. I got it at 75% off which was a very good value. I doubt i would spend full price on it. It's not magic for me, but I have yet to find a mask that is for me. If i run out i'd buy it again as long as it was on sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2007 10:54:00 PM More reviews by cmyklamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an OKAY product. It makes my skin feels nice and refreshed afterwards and the next morning I wake up glowy, but that's about as far as the extent of its benefits. Meanwhile, it is sooo slimy and gooey and so difficult to wash off even with a washcloth (and I don't like to use them because they get all green afterwards), and I hate dipping my finger into the jar so I had to use a small brush to do the job, I wish I came in a tube. But then again, this is not something I would restock on once it's gone. The results of it only really lasts until the next morning, I can't see any improvements in my skin after using this for a couple of weeks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2005 7:42:00 AM More reviews by nata779

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells good, feels good, works - I don't know. But I know that I won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2005 1:36:00 PM More reviews by shapinup

I usually use the Tropical Face Scrub from C.O. Bigelow and then apply this Seaweed Mask afterwards. This mask is very nourishing for my skin. I haven't used it long enough to see if it helps with my pores. It does not irritate or dry my skin at all. I don't think if I will purchase again. I don't think it has produced any spectacular results for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2005 5:59:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

I liked this ok, but for the price I think I can find better. I have sensitive skin and this doesnt sting, so that is a huge plus. I didn't really feel like it did much though. Felt nice on and my skin looked a bit better afterwards, but it could have just been a placebo effect. I am gonna try this again when my skin is upset. Will update.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2005 12:46:00 AM More reviews by aven

I love it too. This is the best mask I used, compared to those from Origins or The Body Shop. I think the price ($18) is ok for a 4oz mask. It will last for a while. Besides, I bought it when I could get a 2oz Lemon body cream for free. I love the smell and the no-so-thick clay texture. For a while I put it on almost every night for around half an hour. It is soothing as what it claims.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2005 12:38:00 AM More reviews by diorgrl8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this mask was so wonderful i just had to post this up here. it doesn't harden like a regular kaolin clay mask, but it does have sea clay and algae so it gives your skin such a glow to it. Great for ALL skin types so there's no guesswork! A bit pricey at $18 USD for 4oz. but worth the price. I'm SOOOO glad Bath and Body Works started carrying the Bigelow line. I've been happy with everything so far!