November 28, 2014 | 1892 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Canankoc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Estée Lauder products, I've been using estee foundation, pressed powder, bronzer, blush, concealer, eye liner and mascara for years. If it is make up you are after you cant go wrong with estee, the quality is excellent, products last a long time, never need touching up, even on my extremely oily skin. But estee skin care products are a joke. And this product is the biggest joke of all. it does absolutely nothing for me other than to make my skin feel Matt (not look Matt, feel Matt). My skin looks exactly the same with or without his product whether I have make up on or not. At this price will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by jhenley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Decent serum that fills pores and makes them appear smaller. I like the mattifying action of this serum. I generally don't buy into claims about making pores physically smaller. This doesn't do that, but it makes them APPEAR smaller. After using this for a while my skin felt smoother and looked better. I like Estee Lauder's products as they usually include a lot of good cell communicating ingredients, and their serums are really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Immissvixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this product

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by LilyMazi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay . I've been a regular visitor of MakeupAlley but never wrote a review.
For me, this is the only product that if I ran out of ,there is nothing out there to replace it !
There are a lot of primers out there but none do the job in terms of minimizing the pores without clogging them.This gives me an absolutely beautiful finished look and I never put foundation on,just a little powder on my under eye dark circles and that's it .
My friends told me once that it gives me an angelic innocent look !!
It stays on the whole day,just needs a touch of powder on my nose and chin during hot summer days and it absolutely diminishes the appearance of facial pores.
The only negative thing about this product is the price of course , but compared to other Estee Lauder products,this is worthy of its price .

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by bbarfield12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really enjoying this product! I was scared to death to try it because of my acne prone oily skin that reacts to most everything. This product did exactly what it promised for me! It instantly minimizes my pores, makes my skin texture better, and is just great! I use it under my foundation primer. I will definitely continue to purchase this! I do wish it wasn't so pricey, but I have learned that investing in great products for my skin is really important.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by bshaurette

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I generally avoid primers - I know about their benefits, but most clog my pores and cause breakouts.

But this Estee Lauder pore minimizer has worked out really well for me. I haven't been using it long enough to tell if there are going to be any long-term improvements, but I'm so happy with the day-to-day effects that it hardly matters.

I put on a little in the morning, concentrating on my cheeks and chin (where my pores look th largest). Once it's had a few minutes to dry/set, my pores vanish and the surface of my skin looks nearly flawless. Some days I can use a little of this and maybe a smidge of another primer for some subtle color correction, and that's it - I can skip foundation altogether.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by arcss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Breaks me out

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

First of all - to the reviewer who claims this is "non-acnegenic", "non-comedogenic", "doesn't clog pores" and even "hypoallergenic" are all unregulated marketing terms. There is no concise scientific data/studies nor lists that determine what individual ingredient will be acne-causing for one person versus another- and a lot of the ingredients in this serum (including fragrance, plant extracts) can be highly irritating, sensitizing and most definitely cause inflammation or acne and clogged pores. There is no governing body that decides who can and who can't label their products as such, any company can write this term on any product they want to. Even tubs of Vaseline, Shea butter and coconut oil say "non-comedogenic" and many can't use it on their face due to breakouts or clogging. ELF Studio Finish Flawless Foundation says "oil-free" on the label and yet contains mineral oil near the top of the list. Pretty much every product on the market nowadays will have these terms because it makes the consumer feel safe using it. I'm sure everyone on MUA has used a product with these labels, and then suffered a breakout or allergic reaction. It's best to keep a list of ingredients you have noticed clogged your pores or caused reactions and compare them to new products to prevent a repeat. I don't think it's fair to say reviewers didn't have reactions just because EL said they wouldn't.

Apologies for the rant - my review:

This is a silicone-based antioxidant serum with some skin-brightening ingredients that claims to "reduce the LOOK of pores in four weeks".

I use this mostly in place of a primer in the mornings because of the silicone texture, which makes a nice, smooth base for foundation or BB cream. It helps to blur imperfections a bit (much like primers made with silicone!) and definitely makes my make-up last longer too. It makes your skin feel super soft and I have to try and not touch my skin 10 times a day when I wear this!

As far as the effects on my skin - my skin does look brighter, more glow-y. No difference in pores at all. Skin feels soft to the touch. Maybe it's protecting my skin with the antioxidants, but I can't measure that activity from my home. I do feel it has mostly instant results typical of anything silicone-based: smoother skin with a refined texture, pore size appears reduced till you wash it off and imperfections blurred.

What I hate about this serum is the strong, cloying fragrance. I think it smells really nice actually but it is way too strong for skincare. If my skin is feeling drier this burns when applied and makes my skin sting and turn red. But when my skin is more on the oily side it seems to tolerate this serum fine. I wouldn't repurchase because having used this for over 2 years now (both the Illuminating and regular versions) I think there are far better serums on the market for way less, but this was nice while my bottle lasted.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by JamLam

The absolute only selling point to this product is that it makes my skin really soft creating a nice surface to apply foundation/bb cream to. Other then that it doesn't really do much for the pores - there was no minimising of any kind. This gel acted more like a primer for me albeit an expensive primer! Although a small amount does go a long way.

Do not purchase if you are actually wanting something to minimise pores.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by P83Wanad

Not sure quite yet about this product.

I'm a fan of EL, complete convert but I can't really see a massive difference to my pores or complexion when I apply this. Granted, it makes your skin really really soft and velvety, but it's not "visible".

It definitely helps with dry patches and whatnot. I use it after moisturising and before Estee Lauder Matte Primer, and I do have to say, it helps make up (again, I use EL Double Wear Light) go on LIKE. A. DREAM. It's almost as if it's floating on a poreless surface. It definitely helps make up not sinking into the pores, sliding off or looking like a greasy frying pan -for people with oily shiny skin-.