April 16, 2014 | 2159 users online

Concealers - Yves Saint Laurent - TOUCHE ECLAT #3

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Cheungc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've no idea how many YSL Touche Eclats I've gone through in the past 10 years, but this is a product I'd swear I'll keep repurchasing.

I'd started on the original No.1 colour even though it was probably a couple of shades too light on my skin, but moved to the No.3 when it came out as it's the closest to my skin tone. It took a bit of getting used to the different shade, as I'd always thought the "highlighter" effect was because of the lighter tone (which also looks reverse-raccoon when under flash photography in dim light).

I've now bonded with the No. 3 shade and use about 2-3 pumps per eye daily to even out the skin tone, applying with my ring finger. This product won't conceal any dark circles (and it's not designed to), but it does give my face a dewy overall effect.

I go through 3 or 4 of these per year and it always feels a waste to bin the beautiful packaging. I wish they could make refills for the sake of the environment, and maybe ditch the brush pen design to provide more longevity potential. Price-wise, there's plenty of other premium brand dupes in the same price bracket, and I've no wish to deviate from my tried-and-tested. I always buy from duty-free, so that helps me feel like I'm getting value for money too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to first say I have pretty ugly dark circles, they are for hereditary and for life( thanks dad). I have never bothered to really try to cover them because even with the best concealer all I see is CAKE and sure from far away my circles look better,but up close and personal its gross looking. This was suggested, the SA told me its a highlighter concealer combo. i like thats its pretty sheer and I use a click on each eye. My circles are pretty severe so I wasn't expecting a miracle, but what I have noticed is my upper eye circles have seem better. so, I still look a tired mess, but now I look SLIGHTLY less tired.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

TE in #3 is a peachy color and was the best match for my skintone (F&B C3). I loved this in the beginning because it looked dewy and covered just enough, but after awhile I found it harder to blend and more caky looking. It seems that the product became thicker towards the end, maybe I just got one from an older stock who knows! This is not bad and not great, covers minimal to just enough on good skin though! Would buy it again to throw it in my purse for touch-ups, but I won't because it's to expensive and I finished it quite fast.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

This shade happens to be the exact match of my skin, so I can in fact use this as a concealer if I want.

My thoughts on Touche Eclat 3:
-The packaging looks very pretty, but it's always annoying to be guessing how much product you have left...
-I don't think this product will last! I have to click the pen about 3 times every day (per eye) just to get some product out. I'm willing to pay a good amount of money for good quality products, but if I'm going to be hassled into repurchasing every month and constantly running out of product, I'd rather look for something else.
-The texture is creamy yet light, doesn't settle into fine lines, and does brighten up the complexion. The application (once it's already on your face) is a dream!
-The packaging is great for taking on your purse for quick, painless touchups.

I have mixed feelings, I'm not sure I'll repurchase, but it's not a bad product at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by yankeerose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased the #3 last week...have been using it daily over the YSL foundation. Its not a bad product, it does counteract some of the darkness beneath my eyes, but nothing more than a decent concealor/brightner would do. I noticed that it is not very long wearing, I had to reapply after about 4 hours. I will use it up, but won't repurchase. I just can't justify this price tag with how the product performs.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by Natteyolala

I was one of the paramount to purchase this products , in a time when it only occurred in 1 shade(number 1 ). Being somewhat tan I was only able to pull off the concealer in the night as it would be too light to wear in daylight. Now they have the concealer in 10 altered shades(AMEN) I have acquired this in shade 3 and also 4.5 now. I sweetheart both of them. The consistency is even, polished. The coverage is upright enough for me, it doesn’t consent u with a concealer mask on rather a more natural glowy appearance. The packing is sophisticated and convenient, feels appealing and exclusive.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by dilayla

This product broke me out. It's not worth the money, because it doesn't cover at all and it even doesn't highlight.

This product is not suitable for oily skin types, because you will shine like the sun after an hour or two.

There are cheaper and better highlighter on the market. Won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Aphelion123

I LOVE this product! I remember stealing it from my mums make up bag every time she bought it because I couldnt bare to spend that much money on a highlighter! I think its far too expensive for what it is. Having said that, when I used this I felt like it literally made me glow! I used it to highlight my brow bones, cheek bones and to lightly brush in any dark circles under my eye under or over concealer.

Cons:

If used wrongly over make up it can rub it off.
If used wrongly or not sparingly enough under the eyes, it can exaggerate circles rather than brighten and can crease.

I would not buy this product because it is a highlighter and I feel that I could get highlighters that do their job without spending a ridiculous amount of money to, basically, make my face shine. And I also think that maybe the only reason I love this so much is because I havn't tried any other quality highlighters yet and there has to be better for better value out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by adriann1973

This has been on my wish list for 2 years! I had watched videos, looked at reviews and tried to dupe it with what I thought it would do because of the price. I know it's not a concealor. I know it's a brightener/highlighter and you know what? I have decided ALL highlighters do the same thing. period. illuminist, high beam, and this overratede hyped up product. I would LOVE to return it to Sephora but there isnt one around me anywhere. I always buy when I go to large cities. When I wrote the Sephora website they said contact the store. Sheesh really? In Atlanta?? I have original packaging, receipt and about 3/4 of it left in #3. Perhaps I got the wrong color because the SA was obviously not knowledged in it since it just came out in their stores. Anyonewanna buy it? lol $20!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by sharonsevea

An overrated product that did nothing that it claims on me and yes I have been using it correctly. Since I have bought it will just continue to use this over the lips to prep the lips before putting on my lipstick and therefore the one lippie.