September 1, 2014 | 1928 users online

Lash Treatments - Mavala - Double-Lash

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by BethanyShelton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using Latisse,mavala and then careprost for about 1 year now and couldn't be happier with the results. Over the years, I've purchased from various stores and it wasn't until earlier this year that I found my latest store and they were the only ones that actually knew how it is supposed to be applied. Before, I was putting drops into the cap of the bottle and dipping the brush there and applying. This is a huge mistake and I was basically asking for an infection. Just like latisse, you have to avoid having the tip of the bottle touch anything. The second you double dip, its basically contaminated, and once you put the cap back on, you could potentially contaminate the entire bottle. I learned all this from inquiring almost everyday from beautybylarkins.net ( they HAVE LIVE CHAT) who was patient enough to give me all the specifics. They included the same eyelid brush that I used to get from Latisse, not an eyeliner brush which requires more drops as it doesn't spread out easily on the eyelid.

A bottle may last over 2 months but it loses its effectivity and can possibly be bad for the eyes. Once a bottle has been opened, it can't be used for such a long period of time as it may initiate infection.

Putting 3 or more coats of mascara can be a potential cause of fall out after cleaning your eyelashes. Gentle care is much needed to keep it from falling out. Wash it gently and one or two coats of mascara will do its magic.

In a nutshell, find a company who can communicate properly in regards to what they are selling to eliminate improper usage of the product which causes infection and contamination.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by missyd915

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ordered this to use to add some volume along with Matisse that I had ordered. This arrived on Monday and it is now Friday so I have been using for five days both morning and night and wow- there is a chance I may not even need the Latisse! I mentioned earlier to a friend that my lashes seemed longer and thicker but he said I may be imagining it so I tried a coat of drugstore mascara when I got home and they are quite noticibly longer and thicker! I am feeling so smug and happy now! I like the wand applicator and make sure I wiggle it right into the roots of the lashes, I am looking forward to further results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 2:50:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

After an unfortunate encounter with a vicious mascara, I was left with very sparse, weak eyelashes, particularly on my right eye. My eyelashes took to falling out, leaving me with little bald patches which were made more obvious when I applied mascara. It was getting desperate and I began to wonder if I would have ruined eyelashes for the rest of my life. That was until I read a review of this product and decided to try it...

I've been using this every week day (not weekends as I tend to be a little more relaxed about my beauty routine on those days) for about a month and I can honestly say I've seen a noticeable difference. Stupidly I forgot to take before and after pictures, but believe me when I say my eyelashes are in much better condition, I no longer have bald patches and I can once again wear mascara with confidence (yay!).

This is really easy to use; basically it's a milky-white liquid in a little bottle (10ml) which has a short, stubby mascara wand attached to the lid. You apply it in the same way as you would a regular mascara, but paying particular attention to the roots of your lashes. I've poked myself in the eye with the wand a couple of times (who hasn't?) and the liquid hasn't had any adverse affect on contact with my eye. It doesn't sting, leave my eyes red raw, burn or any other unpleasant side effects you can think of. And coming from someone who has super-sensitive skin and eyes, that says a lot!

This isn't cheap - 11.00GBP at John Lewis - but a little goes a long way. As mentioned above, I've been using this for a month already and the contents has barely gone down. I can easily see this lasting 6 months or more, so I think you actually end up getting your money's worth.

On the basis of the results I've seen, I would highly recommend this to anyone and everyone looking to improve the appearance and condition of their eyelashes. This can also be used on eyebrows if you wanted to, making it a double-whammy of a product really!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by MaryGoldStar

I've been using this product for 68 days without fail now & I can tell you this brand never lets me down! I mean, despite many other products it actually works & all the products I've used (including Cuticle oil & nail polishes) are of high quality. This specific one really helps lashes grow longer & denser, & I did start seeing the results since week 1. Even my first impression was really good. I use it once a day at nights before going to bed, on well-cleansed lashes. One bottle lasts a long time! So it's definitely worth the price. Overall, do not expect those lattise results u may find on Internet, but this really works well & you do see some results. & generally I like using it as a lash-boosting serum to enhance my lashesh & keep 'em enriched :) so I do recommend at least giving it a shot & to see if it's gonna work for you or not!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by beztanya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Does indeed condition the lashes nicely, but can't say I am thrilled with this product like some other Mavala products

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Chrysanth

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been trying this for about 2 weeks so far, and have seen some definite improvement. (My lashes are shorter & thinner than they used to be, which with me is probably down to ageing).
I can't compare it with any other products, as it's the first eyelash care one I've tried. (Apart from a brief trial of Vaseline, in my youth - it was the recommendation then, but it was a pain to clean it off well enough to use mascara!).

I gather Double-Lash has some ingredient or other that's also used in Japanese eyecare products, and that Japanese lashes tend to need more boosting than European ones (hence also Japanese mascaras being very good; so I understand, anyway).

As for the label obscuring the contents, mine peeled off easily and cleanly (and there's always WD-40 if it leaves any bits of sticky residue). A bonus, if you prefer not to advertise what unguents you use to the whole world, is that without a label it could be anything

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by tanseiyin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this after reading a couple of good reviews for this product . Sadly, it didn't work for me nor for my mother(maybe its a genetic thing). I was using SkinPeptoxyl's eyelash growth serum before this , which worked a miracle because my eyelashes were very obviously much longer than before. This product not only didn't lengthen my lashes, it failed to sustain my lashes' new length T_T . A total disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by peachez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I bought it to replace another product, which I felt was too expensive for my budget. This product is significantly cheaper and does the job well; I could definitely see my eyelashes growing faster, and baby lashes started to show as well. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by annasofie15

I bought this, because I had heard another beautyblogger talk about it, and so I though I'd give it a whirl.

The price is very reasonable in comparison to many other lash serums, which is really nice! The packaging isn't super pretty, looks like something rather hospital-like, but it is quiet practical, and you get a nice grib on the wand. The brush itself is pretty small and I haven't had any problems with not being able to reach those little outer- and inner corner lashes.

Now for the actual product - long story short, I really like it! From the very first morning when I woke up my lashes were a lot more uniform. After using it for about a week, my lashes were a LOT darker, fuller and stronger. Not noticing too much lenght, but it sure did help with that too. I also use this on my brows, and it makes them look fuller as well ;-)

On thing though! I have now used this for 3 weeks or so, and it's almost like the product stopped working as well as it did when I first got it.. But I still have lot left, so I will just continue using it untill I run out!

Definitely recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by evagafra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I think this product so-so since it does nothing for my lashes and brow. I've use it for about a month and still waiting for the result.