July 28, 2014 | 2190 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Valentine

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by QueenofAngolmois18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Its a dark,vampy red.such a beautiful color! need a lipstick to go with it!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by YADAYADAYADA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I absolutely love the deep dark blood red shade of this polish (need to find a lipstick in the same shade one of these days) it is way too hard to get the colour nice and even. I find it's always a crap shoot with Revlon polishes. Some of them are great and some of them are just plain runny and streaky. This one is too thin and streaks. I had to put 3 coats on and I can still see transparent spots. So annoying. The colour is so fab though so I may try putting another better red on and then applying this on top to deepen the colour. But I definitely wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Deep, dark, blood red. BEAUTIFUL. I would wear a base coat with this one because the color is so pigmented! Glad I found it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I am a huge fan of red polishes and had been looking for a good deep red for the fall/winter. I stumbled upon this gem in Stop and Shop one day, it was around $4.99 I believe. I've never used a Revlon polish before but I thought I would give it a try. It applied very well, two coats for opaque. I have very short and stubby nails since removing my gels and it looks very nice. I'm curious to see what it will look like when my nails grow out some more. I get so many compliments on this nail color and all of my friends are dying to try it. So happy I decided to pick it up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

I always passed by Revlon polishes in the drugstore, thinking they couldn't hold a candle to most of my beloved higher-end polishes. But recently my local store was having a sale, so I decided to check a few out for the heck of it. I am so glad I did, because this nail polish is amazing! Valentine is a deep, vampy, blood red polish with the consistency of a jelly but the finish of a cream polish. The formula was great -- this was totally opaque in two coats, and I experienced no streaking or bubbling at all. I was most impressed with the wear of this -- it lasted almost a solid week on my nails with just the slightest tip wear. This shade looked great on my tanned skin, but I think it will also look fabulous when I'm more pale in the winter. This is a new year-round staple shade for me, and I will definitely be picking up more Revlon polishes soon!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

I really like Valentine. It is a classic, deep red with a jelly-like gloss. It complements my fair skin tone well and doesn't appear to be a different color in bright light like so many red shades.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by jessicalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is worst nail polish brand I've ever bought. Too thin to apply just one layer, and too lumpy to apply two layers. You can never get it right.

I thought just this particular bottle was jinxed, so I bought another color and the same thing happens.

Nice color, but goodbye Revlon!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by a29105

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Perfect blue-based jelly red. Looks great when paired with MAC's Ruby Woo lipstick. When you add a matte top coat, they look identical. This would look great on darker skin tones, but might look very dramatic on more pale skin tones. The formula spreads evenly and dries quickly. I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by polkadottie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the most gorgeous deep red shade, and probably one of my very favorite red polishes. The finish is something in between jelly and creme -- there's a luminous quality to it that cremes generally don't have, but it's not a true jelly. The application on this polish is fantastic. Unless I'm careful with several of the Revlon polishes I own, I end up with bubbling after it dries. Valentine has no such problems. I apply two coats and I end up with perfect, even color on my nails. Using Gelous as a base coat and Seche Vite as a top coat, I get about four to five days wear with this polish, which is quite good for me as most manicures chip rather quickly on me. I love how classic this color is, and it really pops against my skin. I would wear this year round, I think, but I especially love it now that the weather has turned cool.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this red. It's somewhere inbetween a ruby or blood red, depending on the lighting and number of coats. It takes 2 careful coats to be totally even and opaque, and more like three coats to get the exact colour as in the bottle, but it's a thin formula and easy to work with and I just love the colour on my nails. It also wears fairly well for such a cheap polish when used with a good top coat (I'd say at least 4 days before I see any chips or wear when I use my Hard As Nails over it), but because it's a 2-3-coater red and I also have to use a base coat under it to protect my nails from staining, it ends up being a fairly thick layer of polish after the top coat and can take a while to dry for that reason. So, I often end up using a fast drying top coat with it because I don't always have the time to wait several hours for all the coats to dry, and then I sacrifice a bit of the wear time (I find fast drying top coats never wear as long), but it's still not bad (maybe knocks the wear down a day or two). But overall, I just love this colour (all the other reds I love have been discontinued, and it's hard to find good replacement), so I will continue to use it and repurchase it. If you have a fast drying top coat that you like or don't usually bother with top coats, you probably won't have the same issue with the dry time that I do (it's a fairly thin formula so would probably dry a lot quicker on its own). So yes, I would recommend you give this a try if you like the colour.