Cle de Peau Cleansing Cream

4.6

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I wish I liked this cleanser! I got a sample of it because of these great reviews, however after I used it my face did feel soft and clean but dry! and I am young, still have a oily t-zone, so I don't know what to think. I use orgins cleansing oil as a makeup remover before I used to so maybe the combination may have left my skin dry? Not that crazy about it will stick with my Clarins shea cleanser.

on 4/7/2015 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this cleanser... at first application, I thought wow this cleanser is too much like a cream and it will never clean my face well. I was so wrong, this cleansing cream is so gentle yet VERY effective. My face feels smooth, cleansed and not over dried at all. This is my goto cleanser now and despite the expensive price tag, I don't want to be without it.

Oh man. I really wish I didn't like this cleanser. I got a free sample size tube as a gift with purchase. I kept it aside to use for travel but decided to try it one day and couldn't believe how well it cleansed my skin. It's a lot thinner in consistency than I thought so it spread really nicely and rinsed off so easily. The real test was using my toner on cotton. There were no traces of any dirt or makeup after using this cleanser!! My face was left moisturized with no tightness whatsoever!! The cost is prohibitive. Seriously. But I've never used such a thorough yet gentle cleansing cream ever!

on 9/22/2013 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Where to begin. This is my holy grail cleanser, and I've been using it exclusively for the last eight years. It's very creamy, lathers well, and leaves the skin soft and smooth. Like the name implies, it's very gentle, doesn't strip the skin, and feels luxurious. Imagine every shower, it's like feeding your skin with soft goodness. Afterwards, there is no tight squeaky feeling, and there is no residue. Just your cleaned, soft skin. It leaves skin bright and fresh. I have never broken out from this, it's only done good things.

Of course, all of this comes with a price. Yes, it's very expensive. But I've been using the same tube for the past year and a half, and I still have close to a third left. You only need a TINY amount (TINY, you only need half of a pea-sized amount) for this to lather into a milky velvet emulsion. $72 for a tube at Nordstrom, yes I know it's steep.

But nothing comes close to how good this is. Trust me, splurge. You'll won't regret it.

on 3/8/2013 5:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Luxuries are expensive - but what a lovely treat for your face! It's soft & creamy in a silky way so when you massage the tiny dab (all you need) around your face, it feels SO good. I've tried many face cleansers that claim to remove mu but this is one of the few that really gets the eyes & lashes clean. No scrubbing, toweling or cotton balls needed - it melts off with your fingers. Occasionally a drop of eye mu remover on a Q-tip is needed to get the stubborn spots along my lash line.
Before this, I used the Shishedo cleanser, but like this better because it's lighter.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! It's my HG, feels like silk and after I use it so does my skin! It does have some oils in it which worried me (I am acne prone) but I have used it for over a year with no problems. PS I know some people wash with something else afterwards to cut the oil?! I do not, I just follow with Amazonia Neroli Tonic Treatment Probiotic Vitamin Toner (very gentle/not astringent/no alcohol). I have yet to find a better product!!!

on 1/13/2012 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This, to me, is a great makeup remover. Up until now I was a devotee to Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil. At first I found this to be a little too heavy/creamy but once I got used to it am loving it more and more. It removes makeup very effectively but gently while moisturizing my skin. I simply wash it off with warm water and then follow with my CdP Gentle Foaming Cleanser for that squeaky clean feeling. This combination of cleansing leaves my skin instantly glowy and brightened. This has to be a tie with my HG Shu Uemura Oil and yes Shu is more economical because you get a large bottle for around the same price. This is more luxury for sure but I love Cdp products so most likely I'll repurchase (for the winter months). For summer I'll stick to my all time favourite Shu Cleansing Oil.

on 4/1/2010 8:08:00 PM

Sigh, yes this is outrageously expensive for something you wash off your face, but I really love this product. It feels and smells so nice while I am washing my face. Afterwards my face feels so smooth and moisturized. It is a great product for those with sensitive or dry skin. I use tazorac so my skin needs something gentle. A little goes a long way so a tube lasts me for about 4 months. I only use it at night.

on 11/25/2008 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It's expensive but it removes the makeup so gently yet at the same time moisturizes as well. Again, if you have sensitive skin, you don't want to use any harsh products especially on your face. If you need to scrub to remove your makeup, then you're using the wrong makeup remover. This is a cream without granules and it's the best for dry sensitive skin. I used to use Decleor, but I can't stand the smell. This one is pleasantly scented.

on 9/1/2008 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have never thought I'd be so in love with a makeup remover until I tried this. I don't use this all over my face except my eyes. I agree with the other reviewers - this is like 2 products in one since it's so moisturizing. You can either wipe or wash off but I wouldn't use my expensive Shiseido cotton when I can wash off instead. I save this for heavy duty makeup (such as weddings, night out, parties). On regular days, I can use my CDP Gentle Cleansing Foam, massage my face for 1 minute and all the make up is gone. At $70 per tube, this product is not necessary, but definitely a Luxury. Great quality & lovely packaging. No doubt the best makeup remover!