December 21, 2014 | 951 users online

Cleansers - Cle de Peau - Cleansing Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Oh man. I really wish I didn't like this cleanser. I got a free sample size tube as a gift with purchase. I kept it aside to use for travel but decided to try it one day and couldn't believe how well it cleansed my skin. It's a lot thinner in consistency than I thought so it spread really nicely and rinsed off so easily. The real test was using my toner on cotton. There were no traces of any dirt or makeup after using this cleanser!! My face was left moisturized with no tightness whatsoever!! The cost is prohibitive. Seriously. But I've never used such a thorough yet gentle cleansing cream ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by lovexoxonana

Where to begin. This is my holy grail cleanser, and I've been using it exclusively for the last eight years. It's very creamy, lathers well, and leaves the skin soft and smooth. Like the name implies, it's very gentle, doesn't strip the skin, and feels luxurious. Imagine every shower, it's like feeding your skin with soft goodness. Afterwards, there is no tight squeaky feeling, and there is no residue. Just your cleaned, soft skin. It leaves skin bright and fresh. I have never broken out from this, it's only done good things.

Of course, all of this comes with a price. Yes, it's very expensive. But I've been using the same tube for the past year and a half, and I still have close to a third left. You only need a TINY amount (TINY, you only need half of a pea-sized amount) for this to lather into a milky velvet emulsion. $72 for a tube at Nordstrom, yes I know it's steep.

But nothing comes close to how good this is. Trust me, splurge. You'll won't regret it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by LJBNY

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Luxuries are expensive - but what a lovely treat for your face! It's soft & creamy in a silky way so when you massage the tiny dab (all you need) around your face, it feels SO good. I've tried many face cleansers that claim to remove mu but this is one of the few that really gets the eyes & lashes clean. No scrubbing, toweling or cotton balls needed - it melts off with your fingers. Occasionally a drop of eye mu remover on a Q-tip is needed to get the stubborn spots along my lash line.
Before this, I used the Shishedo cleanser, but like this better because it's lighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by laurelpalmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! It's my HG, feels like silk and after I use it so does my skin! It does have some oils in it which worried me (I am acne prone) but I have used it for over a year with no problems. PS I know some people wash with something else afterwards to cut the oil?! I do not, I just follow with Amazonia Neroli Tonic Treatment Probiotic Vitamin Toner (very gentle/not astringent/no alcohol). I have yet to find a better product!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This, to me, is a great makeup remover. Up until now I was a devotee to Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil. At first I found this to be a little too heavy/creamy but once I got used to it am loving it more and more. It removes makeup very effectively but gently while moisturizing my skin. I simply wash it off with warm water and then follow with my CdP Gentle Foaming Cleanser for that squeaky clean feeling. This combination of cleansing leaves my skin instantly glowy and brightened. This has to be a tie with my HG Shu Uemura Oil and yes Shu is more economical because you get a large bottle for around the same price. This is more luxury for sure but I love Cdp products so most likely I'll repurchase (for the winter months). For summer I'll stick to my all time favourite Shu Cleansing Oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Dbeech

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sigh, yes this is outrageously expensive for something you wash off your face, but I really love this product. It feels and smells so nice while I am washing my face. Afterwards my face feels so smooth and moisturized. It is a great product for those with sensitive or dry skin. I use tazorac so my skin needs something gentle. A little goes a long way so a tube lasts me for about 4 months. I only use it at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2008 12:48:00 PM More reviews by sakie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's expensive but it removes the makeup so gently yet at the same time moisturizes as well. Again, if you have sensitive skin, you don't want to use any harsh products especially on your face. If you need to scrub to remove your makeup, then you're using the wrong makeup remover. This is a cream without granules and it's the best for dry sensitive skin. I used to use Decleor, but I can't stand the smell. This one is pleasantly scented.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2008 12:18:00 PM More reviews by sh3lls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never thought I'd be so in love with a makeup remover until I tried this. I don't use this all over my face except my eyes. I agree with the other reviewers - this is like 2 products in one since it's so moisturizing. You can either wipe or wash off but I wouldn't use my expensive Shiseido cotton when I can wash off instead. I save this for heavy duty makeup (such as weddings, night out, parties). On regular days, I can use my CDP Gentle Cleansing Foam, massage my face for 1 minute and all the make up is gone. At $70 per tube, this product is not necessary, but definitely a Luxury. Great quality & lovely packaging. No doubt the best makeup remover!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2008 9:15:00 PM More reviews by pkuyken

I got two generous samples when I bought eye make up from the Cle de Peau Counter. It is a great cleanser you rub on without water and tissue and rinse off. It leaves skin feeling clean and smooth. like two products in one!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2007 6:10:00 AM More reviews by ANGMEL

One of the best makeup remover that rinse well and do not have the greasy afterfeel that some of the cleansing oils do. It is in creamy texture but once you rubbed it in, it turned to oil. Love it...!