MAC Fluidline-Rich Ground

4.4

on 4/11/2015 3:54:00 PM

Stunning bronze colour. Really brings out/brightens the green in my dark green eyes. My first Fluidline and I will never be without it!

I really like this gel eyeliner. It is a coppery brown. I like that it's not too dark so it's easy to wear and not look overdone. I usually wear it with rubanesque paint pot by mac, RSVP cream shadow by Benefit, sin by urbane decay or naked lunch by mac. It makes blue eyes totally stand out with a peachy or pink eyeshadow. I will for 100% repurchase. Only small drawback that I see as a positive is that it's not as pigmented as some of the fluid lines. Makes it easier to blend and wear as a less dramatic look.

on 1/20/2014 1:24:00 AM

The fluid line pots are the only gel eyeliners in a pot I own. I normally don't like to be bothered by taking an additional step to apply eyeliner with a brush, but for these eyeliners, I will. I've had the 3 colors I own for over three years and still have plenty left--a little goes a long way and with how much is in the pot, this will last another 3 years at least! This color works well with making my blue eyes pop. It's a shimmery copper with slight orange tones. It applies with even pigment and stays put. No smudges or fading. A repurchase (assuming I run out-which won't be any time soon).

on 12/17/2013 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have used this product nearly faithfully for 8 years. I love it, it always performs and I've never had a bad batch.

I've tried several other drugstore brands in the search for a cheaper option, L'Oreal, ELF etc and in the end they don't set up fast enough, they smudge during the day, and then they dry out.

The MAC Fluidline costs $16, L'Oreal's comparable product $8. When using the L'Oreal I would have to replace it every 3-4 months, anywhere from 2-4 per year. A pot of fluidline will last 2 years+ depending on use. My current fluidline is 2.5 years old, nearly daily use and I'm thinking about replacing it only because that "feels" too old for eyeliner, despite having a rotation of 4 brushes in constant wash.

In the end the MAC Fluidline is cheaper and better than it's competitors.

on 11/15/2013 11:31:00 AM

I love this eyeliner. I have a few other fluidlines since before. It is definitely my HG gel eyeliner. The only downside is that you have to use a brush to apply it.
"Rich Ground" is a lovely shimmery copper color. Fantastic quality and staying power, easy application... Everything is great. Would definitely repurchase even though "Rich Ground" is not my favorite fluidline.

on 1/29/2013 7:52:00 PM

MAC Fluidline is my HG gel eyeliner. I got my jar of Blitz and Glitz in 2009 and it has lasted me over three years. A year later I picked up Rich Ground. Both apply really smoothly. I've had my jar of Delphic for four an a half years. This colour doesn't stand out on my medium complexion on its own so I use mainly for my waterline with Blitz and Glitz on my lash line.

Up until recently, Fluidline has been the only eyeliner that has stayed put all day on my combination/oily skin even on hot humid summer days!

The liner layers on thin and subtle or thick and bold (depending on the look I'm going for) with an angled eyeliner brush. I can also change the look by layering eyeshadow on top of the liner as well.

The downside of this eyeliner is that is it a gel and you have to use a brush. It can be a bit time consuming for early mornings before work. For that reason, I've recently discovered Make Up For Ever's Aqua Eyes pencils which give me a similar look but take much less time to apply. (I'm not a morning person, lol). However, when I'm not in a rush, The look and longevity of Fluidline is totally worth the effort!

I gave Fluidline a 2 for packaging because the jars are made of glass and I've dropped and cracked one of my jars a few times. The poor jar is covered in tape :(

on 1/26/2013 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I like to have many colour options available to me when I find a product that really works well for me. After having such good results with Blacktrack fluidline, I decided to purchase Rich Ground. It performs just as well as Blacktrack, smooth consistency and lasts all day both on upper lashline and waterline. It's not your average brown shade - it has a metallic sheen and is more of a coppery-bronze brown. Can be paired with brown or green eyeshadows, but don't just take my word for it, try it!

I have really green eyes. Not hazel, not green brown. Basically just green. Purple eyeliner doesnt really enhance my eyecolor. This fluidline, isnt quite brown, not quite gold, or orange, It meets perfectly in the middle for a flattering bronisg orangish redish color. Can't describe it. On the opposite side of the color wheel.. Would be orange for green. I dont know about you guys... but orange can look odd. Not the easiest color to work with. lol Thats why i love this! It's natural, soft... yet the orange in this eyeliner really brings out the eyes. I think it would be great for blue eyes as well, since there is a bit of antiqued gold as well. it's creamy and it's beautiful! My favorite! I like to put it on the waterline and on the bottom lash line... smudge it out abit, it looks so beautiful and sultry!
I would recommend this to anyone! It;s very universal :)

on 6/21/2012 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am on my second pot of this I have been using this for years. I LOVE it and cannot live without it. Before I tried this I was using Rimmel's eyeliner pencil in ginger tea?! (which has been discontinued) its been so long I can't remember the exact name for it but it was ginger something. Well, rich ground is even better than it. It makes my green hazel eyes pop without looking unnatural. I do not wear eyeshadow. I just apply painterly paint pot all over my lid and then this. I wear it every single day and never tire of it. I have even died my hair from light brown with highlights to a chestnut brown and it still looks great. highly recommend.

on 4/1/2012 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my go to eyeliner. I have had a lot of compliments on it, even from guys. It is a perfect daytime color. The consistency is nice and it goes on smoothly. I am on my second pot and I will definitely buy again once I am out. It is the perfect copper color.