Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer SPF 20

3.7

Active ingredients: Octinoxate (7) (Sunscreen), Octisalate (3) (Sunscreen), Titanium Dioxide (5.1) (Sunscreen) ingredients: Water, Isopropyl Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Retinol, Arginine, Olive Fruit Extract (Olea Europaea), BHT, Silica, Polysorbate 20, Sclerotium Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Erythorbic Acid, Isostearyl Palmitate, Polysilicone 11, PEG 100 Stearate, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, PEG 75 Stearate, Ceteth 20, Steareth 20, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Lauroyl Lysine

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I want to like this but I can't.
It is so greasy and shiny on the skin.
Slips right off my oily skin even when set with powder it does not stay on.
My skin is instantly greasy and feels like my skin cannot breathe.
I also broke out while trying to make this work.

Looks SO naturally beautiful on! This stuff is gold! Recently I got this, the Mac studio waterweight serum foundation, and the mere Norman lasting foundation. All three are almost equally perfect in their own way. This one though, was half the price of the other two, but it seems to be the one ice been reaching for the most. Definitely an HG product. This stuff makes me glow. Naturally glow, not shimmer glow. My actual skin is glowing. It looks like my bare skin, only even, smooth to the touch, and looks absolutely glorious! I thought it would be too dark, even though I got the lightest shade, but it went on beautifully and the color undetectable. I love it so much I will never go without it. When it gets low I will run to buy another. Forever. Did I mention it's got retinol in it? Yeah. Bravo, Neutrogena, and thank you for making my skin so gorgeous! It's about $13. Comes in a plastic bottle, with pump. I keep in bag to keep it out of the light. Highly recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my tried and true "foundation". HG status for sure. I believe I started using this stuff almost over 8 years ago. I have tried many different bbs, foundations, mineral powders etc and ALWAYS come back to this. The price is right and the coverage is juuuust right for me. It evens out my skin tone, covers blemishes and gives me a healthy glow without giving the intense "full face of makeup" look. I am on the oily side so I do set it with powder. The price is fantastic and as others have mentioned, the best results usually come from mixing two colors together a little bit. The SPF and retinol are fantastic bonuses for a drug store brand. If I had to have one gripe I think it would be the packaging. The plastic is cheap (surprise) and I have broken a pump or two. The clear bottle is nice because you can see how much you are using but I wish it was more opaque because it does take me a while to run through the bottles and I worry about oxidation.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'm only in on my 4th day trying this. But, so far so good! I alternate between high def foundations and BB/tinted moisturizers, depending on how my skin looks that day and what I'm doing. I've been using Urban Decay BB (actually a tinted moisturizer) and wanted to try to find something just A LITTLE BIT thicker, and cheaper, lol. So far, I really like the consistency of this. I'm pretty pale with reddish spots here and there, so I have the 10, lightest shade. From reading other reviews I may get the 20 as well and mix, to be a perfect shade for better coverage. It doesn't cover really dark spots, but it's really nice for putting on if you don't need extreme coverage that day. I absolutely LOVE that it has retinol. I feel that since I've started using most of the Neutrogena products (makeup and face moisturizers) with Retinol, that my skin has dramatically changed. I'm 43, fine lines and wrinkles starting to show up, large pores, starting to get sun spots here and there coming out...using these products has made my face much more brighter and smoother looking, as well as tighter! I recommend trying all their retinol products if you dont have extremely sensitive skin, and are starting to see age hit your face like I have this past year. T_T
They are really doing wonders for me.
I will try this again. Today I mixed it with my Too Faced high def foundation Born This Way, for more coverage...they blended very well together for a smooth finish but not as thick as the foundation on its own. I'm really liking this product so far! Will review again after a couple of weeks if anything changes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This review might be a teensy bit premature because I've only been using this product for about a week, but so far I'm loving it so much that I couldn't help shouting from the rooftops. I've tried several tinted moisturizers, BB and CCs, and so-called 'light and natural' products (Nars, Bobbi Brown, Cover FX, Urban Decay) over the past year or so, but the performance of this little gem has blown the others out of the water.

I find the coverage to be quite good for a tinted moisturizer, but what I really enjoy is the consistency and finish, which is creamy and soft but not greasy or balmy, and the finish is what I'd call a glowy semi-matte. My skin looks radiant (not quite dewy) and it doesn't settle into fine lines or pores OR cling to my dry patches, two of my biggest pet peeves. After applying two pumps of this, I then spot conceal with high coverage concealer, and set with translucent powder. I much prefer to have a light base and spot conceal afterwards with the heavy stuff in the areas I need it. It's definitely more time consuming than just smearing on a heavy full-coverage base, but I think this method allows for a more natural and 'real' makeup look.

So far I haven't broken out from this, which is a huge plus because my my skin is very sensitive and acnegenic. I'm also tickled about the price, which is $14 at my local Walgreens, compared to what I was using before, Aveda's mineral tinted moisturizer at $30. And I much prefer the performance of this Neutrogena product to Aveda.

I really like this stuff. it has a really luxurious texture and a light coverage. it's definitely not matte, it offers a decent amount of moisture without being oily. I can see this working for any skin type unless you are very very oily, but you can always add powder.

This tinted moisturizer uniquely has retinol in it. Retinol is an anti aging ingredient that is proven to diminish the look of wrinkles, sun spots, and even acne. I love that they put retinol in it, and I wish more tinted moisturizers had anti aging ingredients in them, too. If you actually want a true BB cream, this would be it. The BB creams you see nowadays at Walgreen's or whatever don't really have anything in them to treat your skin issues.

If you're looking for good coverage, this doesn't really have great coverage. When I wear it, it evens out my skin tone and covers the redness. It's good for a natural look, you can go over your spots with concealer.

Another big plus is that is has SPF 20 in it. I don't like wearing sunscreen on my face (big surprise) so I figure this is a great alternative, and I can see myself using it every day. The scent in this product is pretty pleasant, in my opinion. Not harsh or offensive. I gave this product an overall 4 lippies just because it probably would be better with a tad bit more coverage.

I really love this. I have used a whole tube, and thought there might be something better. Nope. Covers wonderfully in a sheer "your skin but better" way. Good color match (30 in summer, 20 in winter) and feels like nothing on my sensitive skin. Love.

I love this. I have some acne and a few dark spots, along my chin and jawline but I don't want to wear foundation, so I opt for this instead. Since it's more of a tinted moisturizer, it doesn't cover my spots completely but just enough to make me feel confident and even out my skin tone. I keep it in the dark so the retinol doesn't lose its effect. This doesn't aggravate my acne but I also don't wear it every day, just a few times a week when I go out.

EDIT: If you're in a hot climate and sweat, this can get a little streaky. Should be great for winter though.

First off, the smell! This product smells heavily perfumed and I generally don't like putting scented products on my face. It wasn't even a good scent... just really... perfume-y. I bought the color Fair to Light, as shown in the picture. I think it might have been a shade too light for my complexion as the season transitioned from spring to summer, but it didn't matter too much because the coverage is very light. My other complaint was that the coverage was too light for my liking. If you have smooth, clear, skin free of acne scars, you might like this product, but unfortunately, I didn't like it so much since I have some dark spots from acne that I wanted to cover. This doesn't work well for really oily skin either. I really wanted to like this product because I have used and liked several of Neutrogena's face washes and lotions, but I don't like this tinted moisturizer so much. I was checking the Neutrogena website and it appears this product might have been discontinued, but it looks like stores are still selling it, so maybe it's not discontinued yet.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I picked this tinted moisturizer out on a whim after hearing YouTube beauty guru Amariex talk about it. I'm always all about trying new tinted moisturizers since the warmer months are coming up and I want to keep it light while at work. I initially didn't think that it would do much for me and kept my expectations low. But once I put it on, I realized that it was the best match for my skin tone in comparison to all the tinted moisturizers I've tried out there. While it isn't a TM, I am quite loyal to my iT cosmetics Better than Skin CC+ cream. But now that it's getting quite sunny with summer right around the corner, I'm finding that my skin tone just doesn't match with my It CC cream and that the next darkest shade is too dark. I have dry/normal skin. I have dry skin on my cheeks and sometimes on my chin. The Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer blends in quite well and keeps my skin looking like skin the whole day. As it wears throughout the day, I find that it stays put and doesn't end up breaking down and sliding all over the place; especially in hot weather. I do make sure to set it with ELF HD Finishing Powder and Urban Decay's setting spray (only because I want it to last most of the day and I am running around at my job all day) and find that it looks fresh all day! Very surprised and pleased with this product. LOVE IT and will repurchase again when it runs out!