August 27, 2014 | 1832 users online

Highlighters - Becca - Topaz shimmering skin perfector

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it! I apply it with my MAC 190 brush on the high points of my face in a "c" formation (see LE yt vid) and It gives me the perfect lit from within glow. I doesn't show every single pore like the powder version in rose gold did. I didn't like it mixed with my moisturizer, to me it's better as just a highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Hypnolove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this massive thing!!! I apply as bronzer am nc40ish. I'm bit of a makeup snob though I can't afford to be! And this is one of my fave items that I almost always wear. Little goes a long way. Nothing new to add really except blend a teeny tiny dot on the eye lid. Very lovely:))))) thinking of buying the opal too now.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2011 4:51:00 AM More reviews by bululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector that introduced me to the best highlighters on the market. Having said that, it's not my favourite. I tend to use it only in summer to highlight a dewy tanned complexion,but other than that, it stays in my make up bag the rest of the year. It's not shimmery but it gives my cheeks a subtle but dark glow that matches fake tan and bronzer. A very good product, a little goes a long way so I can't imagine repurchasing it as it will last me forever. The packaging could be improved, maybe a smaller bottle at a more affordable price. For the rest of the year I use the OPAL shade which is absolutely fantastic for medium skin. You can use it just to highlight or mix it with your foundation/tinted moisturizer for a more natural effect. Overall, the best on the market.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by bflournoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I stumbled across this product in Duane Reade surprisingly. The sales woman really tried to sell me on everything Becca related, but I was immediately drawn to the skin perfector in bronze. I tried it on and was in love. It was a bit of a splurge since it was 42 bucks for one product but I gave it a try. At first I used it on just my checkbones as a highlighter, and I took it to the next level by using it as a full tinted moisturizer and absolutely loved it. I used a little concealer, this product and a mineralize blush, and I got that dewy fresh-faced glow that I've always wanted. Would definitely get again if i run out, but from the size and the amount that you need, I doubt that I will run out anytime soon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

I have a few Becca SSP's .. but this one is my absolute favorite! It's lighter than bronze, and has more gold to it. I mix this in with my foundation and it just makes my skin look sun kissed and radiant! I haven't had any breakout issues at all. Tragically I think this was discontinued, so I purchased a spare during NM's sale and now use it sparingly. Totally worth tracking down!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2007 4:39:00 PM More reviews by mascara_babe

I use a very little amount above my cheeks, down the middle of my nose and on my chin and it gives me a sheer healthy glowy and sunkissed look. Great in autumn! Still need to try out on tanned skin in summer. I don't actually use the pump, i unscrew the top and just use my finger to get the necessary amount. Takes very little effort and product to make a difference to my face! There is no noticeable shimmer/glitter, just glow and no oilyness. It has good lasting power! I haven't yet tried using this any other way but i would like to try mixing it with a foundation that matches my skintone or is slightly lighter and see how that works out. Will update!
Even though i really like this i won't re-purchase as i love trying out new products all the time!
FYI: I'm 16, have very dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, combination medium toned skin with an olivey? undertone (i'm a mix of vietnamese and arabian if you can imagine what my skin colour looks like from that??lol) and i can tan easily in summer but my skin looks naturally alot lighter in winter but not exactly fair/pale! If it's hot i can get oily in summer but my skin is combi/normal in cold seasons and it's usually cooler as I live in the Uk lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2007 10:40:00 AM More reviews by mlbalinge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this as a bronzer. It has a very very slight plum tone to it, which works for me. FYI I have neutral-to-warm skin tone with yellow and peach undertones and I usually wear apricot or coral blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2006 2:03:00 AM More reviews by ILOVEDIOR

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!! when i first got it, i didn't like how it made me look. the color seemed so dirty on my nc42 face... like i drove through a dirt road on a bike without a helmet on. but i realized that it was because i mixed it with regular moisturizer before the application. don't ever mix it with anything. put it on top of whatever you are using, then you'll get the PERFECT SUNKISSED GLOW!! i'm soooooo hooooooked right now!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2006 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Flamingo1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I haven't actually bought this item, but have been using the plentiful samples given to me by the SA's. This product really makes my skin glow!

I haven't used it all over my face yet in conjuction with my moisturiser as advised by Becca, but I use it as a highlighter to emphasise certain features on my face, and it looks really good. Looks so natural.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2005 9:32:00 PM More reviews by ErCar

I am so happy that Becca came out with new SSP's. As much as everyone raves about Pearl, I just don't love it. (And it was $$$!)--it gives me a white cast to my face. But what I do love about it, is how glowy it is. Well these two new SSP's (Topaz and Opal) are exactly what I wanted. I hesitated between this one and the lighter one, because I'm FFF/MMM but it's actually perfect. I was hoping that it would act sort-of as a liquid bronzer-to warm up my skin in these cold months, and it does exactly that. It doesn't look fake or shimmery at all--it really just makes me GLOW. Another great thing about the SSP's is that they DO correct skin-tone. Obviously they're not going to cover red marks or anything, but they definitely make me look more even-toned. I highly recommend all of these SSP's (except maybe the Gold, which can look a little orange)-- but especially this one if you're warm and not extremely pale!