July 22, 2014 | 1436 users online

Shampoo - TRESemme - Healthy Volume Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by WendyTran

-Made me BREAK OUT on my back where my hair is...
-doenst give much volume

I dont recommend it

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by pigz4life

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try a new shampoo. I never tried Tresemme before so I thought I would give it a try. I thought "Healthy Volume" sounded nice because most volumizing shampoo's I tried dried out my hair too much. But this? It made it greasy! When I put it in my hair, I had no idea my hair would feel weighed down. I do not recommend to people with fine hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by FallenWish

Yikes! This is one of the worst shampoos I've ever used! It gave my hair this awful straw-feel on top of drying it out and weighing it down, and made it look super oily.
My friend started to use it recently, and she started complaining about how her hair was always looking greasy. I put two and two together and I told her to switch her shampoo right away. She got some Aveeno shampoo and already her hair is looking much better. This product might be okay for those with really thick hair, but for those with fine hair, steer clear!

Edit: My coworker, who used to go to beauty school, told me the shampoo is loaded with wax and silicone, which is what gives your hair the 'shiny' look. She told me that when people use this shampoo and blowdry/curl/straighten their hair, they're actually causing all the gunk to harden onto the hair, and in order to get it all out, you have to physically scrape the wax and other gunk off the hair. To me, that is horrifying, and not worth it at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by starlet12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I do not know what it is with this shampoo, but after a few days, I almost ALWAYS get this weird waxy build up on my roots. For the longest time I thought my hair was just being weird, but when I switched my shampoo the problem went away. I agree with other reviews. It seems that this product builds up as a way of creating volume? But with fine hair like mine, it just makes it feel gross and greasy. I'm working through the bottle slowly. I only use it once a week or so since it isn't awful and I don't want to waste it, but definitly not a daily shampoo for me and will not be rebuying

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by cwallace720

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The shampoo doesn't smell too good...not the worst..but at least the smell doesn't stay in my hair. My hair is shiny but flat as a pancake and limp as a noodle. No amount of teasing helps...it's just flat all over. I do not recommend this shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by qingdao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This shampoo gave me dandruff which I never had before. it took me nearly half a year to realise this. Maybe it is too drying for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by BlackHoleDiver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this one a few times because of the cost and the amount you get. The fragrance is nice and I thought it would be similar to a clarifying shampoo. While it lathered up alright and seemed to spread through my hair easily, I didn't feel like it cleaned very well. I read the list of ingredients--there's a LOT--and I think the idea behind this shampoo is adding layers of gunk onto your hair to make it look fuller. Maybe that wouldn't bother some people but I have abundant, fine, wavy hair and I don't want a layer of junk on my head. I love the idea of a huge amount of product that lasts but I don't plan to buy this one again. Pantene's Volume is better, IMO. It lathers really nicely, it's thicker in consistency and cleans better. This one doesn't deliver.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Acardist

In Belgium, this goes under the brand name Syoss. I bought a bottle of this 2 years ago, and I still have it somewhere.. It was the worst shampoo for me: it irritated my scalp. After using it once or twice, my skin got very very itchy - I could NOT stop scratching my head until I would wash it thorougly with another shampoo. To rule out that this itchiness was because of something else, I did try again 2-3 days later, but had the same effects. On top, it made my hair feel quite dry. Not a fan of the big packaging either - quite large and heavy to handle. And NOT a fan of the smell - ugh. Thank god it was so cheap, but a waste of money nonetheless. Not for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by kabanger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Cost is dirt cheap, but I have to use a lot of it to get hair clean. It does volumize some, but I hate having to use so much product it takes too long. It also makes my scalp itchy like some other volumizing shampoos.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by BekkiOrmo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I suffer from naturally thin and flat hair. This shampoo is my life saver! I tried so many different products before I tried this as the other TRESemme products I had tried did not work for me. This shampoo is the exception! Now I don't have to worry about how long it will take me to style volume into my hair.
I simply:
- wash it,
- towel dry until damp
- run a wide tooth comb through it to get any tangles out
- spray a little bit of "TRESemme 24 HOUR BODY ROOT BOOSTING SPRAY" into my hair
- dry my hair UPSIDE DOWN until the ends start to dry
- flip my head up, part and put my fringe in, dry them into place.

So easy and takes 10 minutes at the most on a bad hair day!