December 20, 2014 | 1597 users online

Moisturizers - Estee Lauder - Verite Calming Fluid [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by RainbowMun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a fantastic product.

It really saved my skin when I experienced irritation to other products, providing instant relief - good for skin that's really sensitive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by evyyhl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had high hopes for this moisturizer due to many great reviews at the MakeupAlley. I've been looking for a light-weight moisturizer that will sooth my irritate & ultrasensitive skin due to the side effects of using Tazorac. However, this "calming" fluid did not moisturize my skin at all but made my chin and nose broke out.

Texture: Some what watery texture that's similar to DHC emollient balm. Goes on smooth & gives me a shiny complexion.

Ingredients/Fragrance: There is no fragrance in this calming fluid. I took off one star because this moisturizer is overpriced & is filled with "cheap" silicon ingredients. The ingredients are "cheap" & definitely don't add up to the price of this calming fluid. The point I'm trying to make here is that I overpaid ($65) for this calming fluid that made my chin broke out & gave me blackheads. So I don't think it's worth the price!

Moisturization: It does not moisturize my skin at all. My skin looks shiny with a thin film on the surface, but it does get absorbed after a while, then my skin dries out again. So the moisturizing power is not very strong. On the Estee Lauder website, it suggests using the combination of calming fluid and calming cream together. I think the cream may be too heavy and can cause me to break out. Also I don't feel like paying over $120 for skin care products that are made of cheap ingredients and are not suitable for my skin condition.

I give 3 stars for the following reason (2013 formulation):
1) It contains ceramide & green tea exact --> both are good anti-aging ingredients but not miracle ingredients.
2) Fragrance free --> great for sensitive skin because fragrance can irritate sensitive or acne prone skin.
3) Pump dispenser --> less contamination when dispensing the product. But the glass bottle is heavy and breakable, so it's not good for traveling.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Benzgirl79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a magic potion for me that immediately eliminates redness after washing with the Verite cleanswer. This line is fantastic!!!

(I have a more detailed review of it on my EL Verite Lotion Cleanser review).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by rachkat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Finally something that doesn't irritate!
I use this over my advanced night repair, my skin is glowing, soft and acne free. (I still break out, but this doesn't cause it)
Most I've ever spent on a cream, but after the compliments I've been getting, I'll keep paying for it.
My skin is sensitive and somewhat dry, prone to hormonal breakouts. This is light and non-greasy for under makeup. In harsh canadian weather sometimes I need a bit more, so I use verite moisture relief.
They loose a lippy b/c at $83CAD that's alot of money, and the bottle is glass. Make it plastic and cut the cost, or better yet, use a tube.

But overall, thank god I stopped by their booth.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by egassregor

I really like this product. I have super sensitive fair skin that gets red and irritated easily. If I'm not careful my face can burn and break out with small itchy bumps. This fluid is light and soothing. Alone it does not do enough but after I apply it I rub a few drops of Jojoba oil to the areas that get dry and flaky. I think I've found a perfect combo with the two. I'll be interested so see if I still need the Jojoba oil in the summer when it's hot and humid, but I think if not, this fluid will be perfect just on its on. Pricey, but worth it for me to finally find find something that works.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Ymber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It might come as a surprise among all these slightly negative reviews, but I find the Verité fluid very good. (I believe it has been reformulated recently, and most reviews are probably on the previous formula.) I bought it to complement the ANR serum with something of the same brand, and was actually giving all the credit for my improved skin to the ANR, thinking that the fluid was just ok. Then I realised that after skipping it a couple of times, my skin did not look as good any more. It indeed moisturises my sensitive dehydrated combination skin, keeps it calm, smooths out the surface, gives healthy glow, and even helps to keep spots at bay, and I have been using it for over three months now without any breakouts, redness or anything (actually I think it is for skin that is sensitive or prone to allergic reactions, but otherwise healthly - not for taking care of severely damaged skin). My fussy skin seems to really like it, which is a little miracle, so I had to admit in the end that it is more than "just ok"...
I use it morning and night after cleansing with oil, at night paired with the ANR, in the morning followed with either sunscream or make-up with SPF. It works well like that, even if I do not use other Verité products (I had a sample of the cream and was horrified how bad it smelled! I hope just that sample was past its date or something, I refuse to believe that it really should stink like that).
Some notes: The packaging looks quite bad on pictures, like cheap plastic, but in fact is quite luxurious - white glass bottle with gold pump top and embossed letters. Although the bottle is not transparent, if you hold it against light, you can say approximately how much is left inside. The product itself is a bit runny white lotion with lovely faint smell - I am very sensitive to smells and cannot bear anything strong or artificial, and many EL products put me off for this reason, but this smell is pleasant and very light.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by MissEstelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a little friend which instantly pops up and alerts me the very second I feel stress: A rash around my mouth. It stings and makes me look like I've eaten something poisonous, and it usually takes an antibiotic cream to get rid of it - however I am also usually able to help the healing with some gentle toners and lotions.

So when I passed by the Verite Calming Fluid in the department store, I decided to try it out and dab a bit of it on my rash, just to give it a chance to heal a bit faster. After all, look at the magic Lauder does with their Advanced Night Repair, why shouldn't I trust them to have made a good calming product?

I shouldn't have picked it up. It stung and burned as soon as I put it on, and the rash went bright red. Needless to say I don't find anything calming about this fluid, and won't ever be spending this kind of cash on something that gave me such a reaction.

As far as Lauder goes, I'll stick with ANR.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2009 11:44:00 AM More reviews by angie0914

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just discovered the verite line at Estee Lauder. From the moment I applied the moisture relief cream I noticed a great improvement in my rosacea redness. However, I was having to apply it frequently as my very dry skin absorbed it quickly. I went to Estee Lauder's website and had a live chat with customer service and she told me I "must, must, must" use the moisture cream WITH the calming fluid as the calming fluid is the core of the verite line. So I did...after using the calming fluid my redness increased and the stinging began all over again. The calming fluid did help my dryness. But I still love the moisture relief cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by wuellner

Wow did this irritate my skin! From the first time I tried it I felt the burn but by the third morning my face was flaming red. Even though I'd washed it off, I still spent the rest of the AM trying to find another product to calm my skin just so I could go to work and look somewhat normal. So glad I did not purchase this product, and instead just asked for a sample from the SA! For others I would recommend the same since it seems you either hate it or love it.
BTW, I have sensitive combo skin that is oily in the T zone and normal on the cheeks. I use a Retinol product in the evening and Prevage MD in the daytime with no issues.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2008 7:06:00 AM More reviews by Bluemoonphase

I did ALOT of research on EACH of the ingredients first before I bought it. It has a lot of silicon related stuff that acts like a barrier to your skin. And I liked some of the other ingredients in there, too. Overall, I was satisfied w/ the ingredients. So I bought it. I put it on, no irritation. Then a few hours, my skin felt tiny bit itchy and dry. I ignored the feeling cuz my skin appeared fine. I tried it alone and w/ moisturizer, both times felt the same slight irritation. I did this for 2 days and saw a few tiny red bumps then stopped. I went back to my routine products, then my skin felt normal again and the red bumps went away. I didn't want to have to return the Calming Fluid cuz I spent so much time researching the ingredients and had hopes that this was my ultimate permanent skin saver so I tried Calming Fluid again. This time I stuck to it for 3 days and new red bumps appeared again. That's when I knew for sure that is was the Calming Fluid causing the red bumps and irritated feeling. I returned it.