April 20, 2014 | 1447 users online

Treatments - Frederic Fekkai - Technician Color Care Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Trilby

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have thick, coarse, color-treated hair (base color, low lights and high lights.)

After years of using the Kerastase Chroma line of products for color treated hair: shampoo, (Bain Chroma Riche) serum, (Chroma Riche Essence Emolliente) heat styling cream (Chroma Thermique) and conditioner/masque (Chroma Reflect) I have to say, I may very well have found my holy grail.

I've probably been using the Chroma Reflect conditioner wrong--I only leave it on my hair for two or three minutes--so I decided to really give the Fekkai stuff a chance.

I shampooed, put a big blob of it in my hair, put on one of those cheap hotel shower caps, and lounged in a bubble bath for 15 minutes. I used the Fekkai color protecting shampoo, and noticed that it left my hair feeling dry. But when I rinsed out the mask, my hair was incredibly soft. Almost *too* soft, and considering that my hair usually resembles a not-very-well-groomed horse's tail, that's saying a lot.

I'm planning on using this masque once a week for the next month to see whether it protects the color, but right now, I'm just thrilled with how soft and healthy my hair feels and looks.

Oh, and it smells great, too--like pink grapefruit.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Carley210

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have shorter blonde hair. Naturally blonde but colored to add a shade lighter, and then highlighted. Slight wave with some frizz that becomes a challenge during east coast summers. This treatment works extremely well for me. I alternate between this one, Kerastase and Living Proof. By far, this is my favorite. Nice shine and bounce without the weight that accompanies so many hair masques. Adds incredible depth to my color as well. Definitely a staple in my hair routine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by xoxsexylv57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Yes. This is a great little standard mask. It definitely added moisture and life back in to my hair that the Fekkai Shea Shampoo and Conditioner stripped out. I like that it has more of a balmy texture, which makes it very easy to distribute through wet hair without dripping out. Another nice bonus is that it's not too hard to find at local stores. This is a good staple mask, although I don't feel that it does anything particularly outstanding for my hair. But that might be because it was just repairing the damage done by the previously mentioned shampoo and conditioner!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually love the jar packaging. The product feels luxurious in your hand and in your hair. Nice smell. You don`t need a lot so this will last. For the $38 you get a LOT of product. I usually buy Kerastase or Pureology or Fekkai, so I don`t mind this price range, if the product really works. (I have been using the Fekkai Protein mask -that had the best vanilla smell ever!-, that and Kerastase helped me to build up my hair`s structure.) Now I am aiming for moisture! This product is only ok, it is not something that I will repurchase, because I started to use Pureology hydra conditioner and they simple conditioner gives me more moisture than this mask! My hair is very dry and this one doesn`t moisturize enough. I had/have the other Fekkai masks and they work MUCH better for moisture, even though they are Protein treatments!!! .. (Protein RX mask, that is superb, for $30, and the new PrX Reparatives mask too, but that is $49!)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by michaelannek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The mask itself is great, it makes my hair nice and shiny (without being greasy) and helps minimize damage. I can only use this maybe once a week though, otherwise it weighs my super fine hair down. The packaging could be much, much better. It comes in a tub, which means you are digging your fingers in every time you use it, exposing it to water and who knows what. I've repackaged some of it in an effort to extend its life. With weekly use, it lasts a very long time, helping to make the sting of the price a little better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have thick, black Asian hair and I always strive to get it to an ashy, light brown color (like brown sugar). In order to achieve that color, my hair stylist has to bleach the hell out of my hair and then go over it with a toner. That undoubtedly does a lot of damage. Finding the right conditioner to maintain that color is even harder.

This mask is the only one I've found so far that can maintain that shade of brown AND condition my hair to restore softness. While I can't say that it's as silky soft as natural, it at least prevents my hair from being any drier. I love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by lux30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'm in love with this treatment and have been using for a couple of years. i use it at least twice a week. i have thick, naturally wavy dryish hair that i don't like to wash every day - and this is absolutely the best treatment/conditioner (as i use it) that i've used. no build up, leaves my hair shiny, highlights and tones are pronounced. and a tub of it lasts me months. just scored some from ebay at a nice price :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this mask, it smells absolutely beautiful. I have graduated on to less abuse for my hair and nicer products (Kerastase) but still use this on occasion like when I need to conditioner-wash or just to keep my ends tangle free while I am shampooing my scalp. It smells really nice and gives a good amount of slip to keep tangles away. Great product, I've bought it over and over again, but I wouldn't pay full price for it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this at Costco and it sat in my bathroom drawer for months. I ran out of conditioner and decided to use this. I have tried the Fekkai glossing shampoo and conditioner with olive oil and I didn't care for it. It made my hair greasy. I have long brown hair but I get highlights put in. Anyway after one use, I was hooked. It's a hair mask so the formula is thick. You only need a small amount. I don't apply it to my roots since I tend to look oily, I only shampoo my roots. My hair is always tangled after a shower and it takes forever to brush through it. After using this hair mask, my hair was very soft and easy to manage. I don't know if it makes my color last any longer but I like the way it makes my hair feel. I use it once a week or two weeks depending on how lazy I am. I use a lot of hair sprays, heat protectants and I tease the crap out of my hair and this hair mask has helped to repair it. It's $35 at Target but a tub will last me a good 3 months so I think it's worth it. I don't have any problem spending money on myself. The smell is nice too, it has a grapefruit citrus scent that is clean and refreshing. I like it a lot. I just ordered the WEN haircare system so we'll see if it can replace the Fekkai.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by MissChatelaine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have coarse, thick, grey hair which I have dyed professionally every 4 weeks. My hair texture is CRAZY.

This stuff is HG for me. My hair can handle the heaviness of this conditioner--no problem. It leaves my hair soft and easy to style.

And, as it promises, this conditioner truly preserves my color. When I use this, my color stays rich. If I use any other conditioner, there is fading. I love this stuff and have been buying backups from TJ Maxx and Marshalls whenever I find it--otherwise this would run me into the poorhouse. It's so wonderful that I would pay full price. I hope they don't discontinue this!