October 23, 2014 | 920 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Radiant Skin In A Box

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2005 1:06:00 AM More reviews by misscolleen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a bit sceptical when it comes to philosophy because there seems to be a lot of hype. But, this is a really great deal if you compare it to buying each product seperately. An 8 ox. Purity Made Simple is $20 alone, so the 1 oz. Hope in a Jar and peel samples are kind of like freebies. And let me tell you something about those peel samples - I can easily get TWO uses out of each one. So, you get four but it's more like 8. Ok, so I'm cheap.

Anyway, the cleanser is good. Not amazing but it gets the job done. I really like Hope in a Jar a lot. I was expecting it to be too heavy for my combination/slightly oily skin but it's not. It actually leaves my skin very matte and not shiney. The smell is awful but you get used to it.

I already exfoliate on a very regular basis so the Microdelivery peel didn't do anything amazing for my skin. It is fun to use, though. I can't see spending the $66 for it on its own but as part of this set, I'm more than happy to repurchase.

I have very sensitive skin and I haven't seen any weird bumps or blemishes after a week or two of use, so it's all good.

Overall, worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2005 10:50:00 AM More reviews by theurbanhippie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a miracle! Being 1 week away from payday, I couldn't afford a pricey salon peel or even a pricey peel in a box from Sephora (and the aspirin mask didn't give me the same results each time) but lo! The consultant handed me this and when she said $24, I jumped. It includes an 8 oz Purity Made Simple facial cleanser, a 1 oz Hope In A jar facial treatment moisturizer) and plus four Microdelivery Peel dual sample packets resurfacing peel system. The directions were kind of hard to read because of the lettering and e. e. cumming-like use of non caps, however, the packets deliver just the right amount of product, it's quick, clean and my skin looks incredible! I've had salon and dermatologist peels that cost hundreds of dollars that didn't leave my skin looking and feeling this great. It really reduced the size of the pores on my nose and got rid of the junk in them as well as leaving me rosy cheeked (in a good way) and soft. I'd never have bought the products on their own and this is the first skincare I've tried by this line, but I'm hooked!