October 24, 2014 | 1339 users online

Moisturizers - DERMAdoctor - Calm Cool & Corrected Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Beatrice28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this, Dermadoctor's Physical Chemistry microdermabrasion cream, and Wrinkle Revenge Eye Balm from a persistent Dermadoctor saleswoman. Wow, Dermadoctor has cheap, terrible packaging! The pump dispenser of both this cream and the Physical Chemistry scrub stopped working after thee weeks. I had to screw off the clunky plastic top and dip my fingers into it every use, which I wasn't happy about since they cost $75 and $85.

As for the results, this came up short too. I have dry, redness-prone skin that's been aggravated by the harsh winter we're had in the Midwest this year. When I first applied this, it felt nice and somewhat soothing. But when it dried, it felt heavy and tacky. I always woke the next morning looking drier and redder than the night before. I also started to break out a week or so after use.

In summary, this is DEFINITELY not worth $85. (CeraVe works etter and is just $13.) I'm not sure how Dermadoctor can charge $85 given the basic formulation, which contains parabens, and cheap packaging??

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by saavy77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is one of the few moisturizers my finicky/rosacea/acne-prone skin can tolerate. soothing, and doesn't break me out. i've repurchased several times, which says a lot considering i have a real problem committing to any one product. only drawbacks would be 1) the price. kinda steep. 2) the packaging. i'm not a huge fan of the push down dispenser because i feel like top part gets all dirty from my fingers constantly touching it. but i guess we can't have it all!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkieneedsherfix

I LOVE the packaging, so sanitary, keeps from getting germs in the product. I only wish all moisturizer came in a package like this. This moisturizer works well for me, especially in the winter when I need something a little thicker to combat the dry indoor heat. However, this irritated my boyfriend's sensitive skin and caused him to break out in a red rash, so may not work well for everyone. I do not have sensitive skin. Also, while I like this product, I will probably not purchase again because it is so expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by OhRandi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very volatile skin. Everything I put on it makes it mad. It's very acne-prone. My dermatologist says I have acne rosacea, as in my face is full of acne and seemingly permanent pink on my cheeks (although it doesn't sting, itch, or flare up like normal rosacea.. it's just always there..) Anyway, I love this stuff. I wish I didn't, it's so expensive and hard to justify when you're on a tight budget like me. When I ran out, (a lot sooner than I expected) I went back to an old moisturizer I used to love and was sorely disappointed. It made me realize how great CC&C is. It isn't heavy but moisturizes well. I love how soft it makes my skin, and it works extremely well under my makeup. (I use bare minerals, I'm not sure how it would look under liquid foundation) It seemed to help with redness a little too. It reminds me A LOT of a product I tried a long time ago... Clinique's total turnaround. It smells and feels exactly like the total turnaround did. So if you liked that, you'll love this.
I like the packaging, how it gives you the option of using the pump on the top or removing the lid entirely. My only gripe is the price.. and the fact it runs out a lot sooner than you think.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by sarahalthea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First off, I have a bone to pick with some reviewers, giving poor ratings because of sample. Rosacea and otger serious skin problems take weeks to even begin to clear up. This cannot be done in a couple days with a sample!

Second, there are absolutely no ingredients that cause irritations or peeling. I suspect any redness or stinging or peeling is from already irritated skin. My point being the skin in question is the problem, not the product.

I first used this as a sample too on my windburned skin. It burned like crazy because my skin was chapped and anything else toiching it would have burned as well. That being said, in 20 minutes time, the redness went away and it felt better.

I love this cream. The best mild cream!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by plasticsqueegee

I was frightened of this because when I put it on, it stung my skin almost unbearably. There were a few tears involved at one point. I kept using it because I refused to believe I'd paid so much money for yet another mistake. It stopped stinging after about a week and the acne I've been fighting for years cleared completely up. I used this in combo with Ain't Misbehavin' cleanser and serum. It's been almost a month and the improvement in my skin is sticking around. My pores also do seem smaller. It's worked so well, I'm interested in other DD products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 9:04:00 AM More reviews by msmonag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far , so good. I suffer from hirsutism and kp like bumps in the area after hair removal. I've seen great improvement! Bumps have reduced considerably as well as skin color and texture in that area. I like the packaging and "portion control" (I squeeze very lightly to use even less...it's an $ 85.00 purchase a strech for me). This has been the only helpful product and I was very desperate!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by mccfrausto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

IT feels nice soft and moisturzied, not greasy.. but it is mildly burning or tingling my face, ever so mildly, I am not sure what to make of it.. Maybe it should come with a warning that it might tingle for a bit, because for those with Rosacea, any hint of tingling is sort of a red flag.. I am wondering, I cannot tell if I am going to tolerate this or not?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I don't have rosacea, and I'm not a regular user of cream moisturizers. This is a treatment product, so results are typically seen after 6-8 weeks of regular use, and are not even expected before this time frame, however, for me, Calm Cool & Corrected had an immediate helpful effect. I discovered this product when I got a nasty dermatitis rash on my neck from Strivectin Neck Cream. The rash was painful,it looked terrible, and it felt like leather. It was stubborn, too, and after a week I was ready to head to the dermatologist. I came upon some samples of Calm Cool & Corrected, and, I'm not kidding, within hours, the dermatitis began to fade. This cream felt so soothing, cool, and soft that I literally sighed with relief. I bought a jar and I realized I love CC&C as a "night cream". When I do need some moisture, this is the best stuff to sleep in. My skin feels like new skin in the morning, without any clogs, breakouts, or greasiness. If your skin is on the oily side but you still need some softening and soothing, you may like this gel-cream a lot. If used twice a day, with a blueberry-sized drop dotted around my face and neck and blended, one jar lasts me for 2-3 months. I need to use this much less than that, so one jar can last up to 6 months.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by genahy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Aggrevated my rosacea. Not terribly, but still, it aggrevated it. I wound up throwing it out, which I didn't feel too bad about since it was a free sample. The only product I halfway-like by Derma Doctor is the Tease zone gel--at least that does something good!