MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

4.4

Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polytheylene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, lecithin, caprylyl glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, ceramide 2, hexylene glycol, barium sulfate, BHT, phenoxyethanol [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 42090), carmine (Cl 75470), chromium hydroxide green (Cl 77289), chromium oxide greens (Cl 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), manganese violet (Cl 77742), ultramarines (Cl 77007), yellow 5 lake (Cl 19140)]

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This was really great at first. Not as black as I was expecting, but I did like it pretty well. Formula went on smoothly and was budge-proof. However, the pot dried out so fast and the product became clumpy. If the pigment was as rich as I was hoping, and was a dark pitch black, I could deal with the dryness. But for such a meh color payout in the first place, I wouldn't repurchase this.

on 8/19/2015 2:35:00 AM

The colour is very black, but it's very difficult to use, as it clumps incredibly easily, and is so dry. Professionals may be able to use it, but even though I've been wearing makeup for years I just cannot get used to this horrid little clay pot!

on 8/19/2015 2:24:00 AM

not too black, more of deepest gray. have to go several layers to get a true black line.

atleast it doesnt smudge, stays well and quick to dry.

have to return it. i need something of a real black black.

on 6/30/2015 12:16:00 PM

It dries too fast, if I want to do some complicated flick I have to clean the brush again and again because it is rock hard from the gel drying on it. Staying power is very good. Color-wise it isn't the blackest black, it looks kind of greyish. It has a matte finish which I like, you can hide glue marks on false eyelashes beautifully because it is so matte. I wouldn't purchase it again just because I found my HG eyeliner, it's number 77 from Inglot (which is amazing). All in all it is a good product, could be better though!

on 6/26/2015 11:30:00 PM

I got given this eyeliner as a gift from my boyfriend, it's a wonderful eyeliner however when you're in a rush in the morning it's less than easy to work with. Having to dip and wash brushes is a bit of a pain, I am used to using liquid eyeliners for quick mornings; it does not change the fact that I do love this eyeliner and it lasts all day.

The colour is also not too black and it has a matte shade, I hate shiny eyeliners.

Mac is a pretty great make, it's a shame none of their foundations are light enough for me (no I am not buying the whitener, I am not made of money) :) <3

on 6/26/2015 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Nice Eyeliner if you have a steady hand !

on 6/25/2015 7:14:00 PM

I'm a cat-eye-liner-look addict so I have tried a few liquid and gel liners in my life. This one is good: good consistency, very black and long-lasting.
I have very oily eyelids so I always prime before and sometimes, if I need my makeup to last for a long time, I set it with a bit of black eye shadow and it doesn't budge.
I would recommend overall, it's a safe bet if you're looking for gel eyeliner.
However, I would only repurchase because, where I live, they no longer sell Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel. That one is just as good for a fraction of the price. Too bad I can't buy it anymore.

on 6/5/2015 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Not the worst eyeliner I have used, has a nice consistency, goes on without smudging and tends to last all day, but the formula settles in the pot after a while and then is difficult to apply on lids. i know this happens with a lot of gel liners, but I expect better from MAC. I prefer the shade DIPDOWN in this range for my eyebrows, rather than BLACKTRACK for eyes.

on 6/3/2015 3:39:00 PM

I heard amawing reviews. I love gel liners, they are so easy to use, but this one seems to give me racoon eyes after a few hours, like 5 hours or so. It is very long lasting though and quite hard to get out - it's quite waterproof. I like it, idk if I would repurchase though

on 5/26/2015 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This length that this eyeliner lasts makes it worthy of the four stars I gave it alone. The packaging it good too! High quality glass. However, please be warned, the blackest black they carry fades to a dull grey within moments. It is NOT black enough. If you're looking for a VERY black liner, this is not the one for you. If anyone has any tips for making this actually stay black it would be much appreciated.

Top Rated MAC Products