October 24, 2014 | 1808 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-liner Gel in Waveline

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

I've been on the hunt for the perfect navy blue eye liner and recently picked this one up after repeatedly putting it in and taking it out of my MAC cart online. As with Macroviolet, I'm finding this to be a little under pigmented and you have to layer it to get a solid line. The colour is pretty enough - a navy that leans ever so slightly to indigo - and I love how smoothly and easily the Fluidlines apply, but I would have hoped not to have to layer it for intensity. Sadly this does not compare with the IT Cosmetics Midnight Blue gel liner that I also recently acquired, which is densely pigmented and deep enough to give a rich, solid, intense line. I'm sure I'll still use the Waveline, but probably would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by evesu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not as pigmented as Blacktrack but it is a really pretty colour for my brown eyes. I apply 2 coats of this as eyeliner and it doesn't smudge through the day. This is a lot of product in a little jar so I don't think I'll be running out any time soon, but whenever that happens I hope this colour is still available.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by papaya

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this liner. I use this blue liner day and night and this pot has lasted me an embarrassing 3 years!! I know you are not supposed to keep make-up that long but I use it most every day and I still have quite a bit left. What I love about this color is that it is a brighter poppier blue than a navy blue. It really does make my eyes look whiter and brighter. When I want the color to last 12+ hours, I layer on quite a bit of product and dab it on in brush length sections. It lasts day and night and does not run or gather in the inner corner of your eye like some pencil liners tend to. I also love to blend this into the upper lash line. Surprisingly, when I apply this in the upper lashline along with a dipdown or blitz and glitz cateye line, it really makes my blues eyes pop.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2014 5:58:00 AM More reviews by absdeinn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The colour is not exactly as it is presented in the pot because it is not pigmented, when you first apply it, it would seem kind of strange as some area would be darker than the others as the pigment is not distributed evenly because of lack of pigmentation. You would have to apply 2 or even 3 coating to get a solid even line. This is not a cheap stuff actually it is rather expensive. It costs HKD180 and I think it is not value for money considering the price and its performance.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 5:27:00 AM More reviews by summerglow123

I bought this mainly because of the color. I was looking for a night sky deep dark blue, and something that would last on my oily lids.

Thiss is a nice eyeliner that takes a bit of time to learn to use...

Before buying this eyeliner i have mostly used liquid liners. So in the beginning had a lot of difficulties getting the color evenly.

Also, if you want the color to be as dark as in the pan, you must apply two layers, and let it dry in the middle. I have also used this as a basecolor when doing a dark evening makeup.

If you're going for basic black and want a less expensive option, i recommend the LÓreal 24H gel eyeliner, have it in black and would say it's even easier to apply and a lot cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by tallulahlm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ugh. Okay, I'm going against the grain here. I am a massive fan of gel eyeliners, and have tried most brands out there (Bobbi Brown, Mac, MUG, Maybelline, Wet 'n Wild, all of it). While I love Blacktrack by Mac, I cannot stand the formulation of the other gel eyeliners I have tried from them. And trust me, it's not like I haven't given them time to grow on me. I own Blacktrack, Waveline, Rich Ground, Stares & Speculation and Macroviolet. 5 different shades. I have tried to love these liners! But with the exception of Blacktrack, the consistency is awful. The shades are not pigmented, so I find that I have to apply a black kohl pencil first and then the gel liner on top just to get the color to really show up. The formulation is not sticky enough and doesn't adhere to the brush properly (I use MUGs bent liner brush, which is hands down the best liner brush I've ever used) and come out patchy when applied. Then I found that the liner began smudging immediately, or else was FLAKING off. I couldn't believe the latter when I saw it happening, and was convinced I'd just purchased a bad one. So I bought another shade, only to see the same thing happen again.

Navy eyeliners are my holy grail - they make my brown eyes pop like no other, make my eyes brighter and are still appropriate for everyday. While Waveline is a gorgeous color, not too bright (like MUGs Electric, which is less wearable) but light enough that you can clearly see it is blue and not black (which is the case with many navy liners), I am not impressed. It is simply not pigmented enough. There is no point in spending money on this gel liner when I have to use a black pencil underneath it to get the color to pop. I recommend MUG gel liners instead - they are fantastic - highly pigmented, stick to the brush and adhere easily, stay all day, don't budge, and much cheaper. I own every single shade, and am waiting for them to come out with a true navy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Troubleina

My absolute fave liner! I search for anything to go with it!! This stuff is amazing!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by lucycoogancakes

This is a really good eyeliner. Once dry it doesn't move, so no transferring into the crease of my lid like some other liners I've tried. The colour is rich as you would expect from MAC and the packaging, is of good quality. I have also used this product to provide a 'wash' of colour on my eyes over which I would put complimentary/matching/similar blue eye shadows - think smoky blue eye. It keeps the eyeshadow in place so it's a great technique to use if need your eye make up to stay in place for extended hours. Make sure you put the lid on properly to prevent drying out. I am hoping to get this product in blacktrack along with a 209 eyeliner brush so that I can create a precise cat eye flick.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't know if I got a bad jar of this stuff or what but it's awful. I bought it in hopes that it would be as wonderful as my blue L'Oreal Hip gel liner which is discontinued. There is absolutely no pigmentation. It applies so sheer. The formula was also chalky. I had little flakes all over my under eye area.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by zara1810

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fluidline gel liners as all know come in glass jars with black sturdy plastic cap / lid. This is eyeliner to go for honestly !!! It's perfect for every type of skin i.e eyelids including oily eye lids , once it's on = y it stays on !! Fluidline offers smooth application you don't have to go over it again unless you have fine liner and want build up to thicker line :)) Fluidlines are expensive but in comparison to other brands bobbi brown , lancome , clinique etc , fluidlines are cheapest :) Fluidlines gel liner quality is 100 times even thousand times better than other big expensive brands mentioned above !!

Pros
>Formula of fluidline - creamy & glides on like butter :)
>Highly pigmented
>It's worth while buy because it last for ages mind you i have not yet faced drying out factor ( drying out can be prevented as long as you store fluidlines upside down even durring application and store fluidlines in cool places such as under the sink or cold pantry rooms)
>Staying power is great can not recomend fluidline highly enough as it lat for ages even after a session of heavy rain orvswimming !!!

Cons
> Price is the only one that comes to mind :)
> Pigmentation of fluidline may not suit everyone even though it suits me !