November 23, 2014 | 1623 users online

Mascara - Almay - Intense i-Color Blue

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Shaketheglitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Hated this. Found it to be clumpy and nothing special. Definitely doesn't help blue eyes pop.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is remarkable, but for all the wrong reasons. I bought the color "Sapphire" because I wanted a natural navy mascara to wear with my silver, smoky, and blue shadows. On the brush, this stuff looks bright navy, but on the lashes, it's just sort of slate gray, with sparkles. I guess sparkles are nice or something, but how do they make lashes look any better? The formula is thin and wet, and it takes many coats to get any real definition on the lashes. But then it starts to dry out a little on the brush, and you quickly enter into tarantula-lashes territory. :( This mascara does NOT build well. It's just a dry, fibrous mess after a certain point of application.

At least it's easy to remove, in a way. It comes off the lashes more easily than other mascaras, but then the sparkles end up sticking to my face after cleansing. Not really a fan of that.

One good thing about this formula is that it did not transfer above my eyes at all during the day, and many other mascaras do. I will also say that the brush is unique in that it kind of grabs lashes and really combs through them, but I also feel it's too bulky and should be thinner.

If you want a very natural mascara and already have long and thick lashes, this may be a good choice. But someone who really needs to layer their mascara will probably have a a bad time with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by katt345

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very sensitive eyes. This product does not irritate them at all. I love this mascara- good color, no clumping, a great product overall. Comparable to my other favorite (Lancome's Hypnose) but much more affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by buffykaz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara. The colour is beautiful and it applies on my lashes really well. I have no experienced any clumping issues, and it gave me very natural looking gorgeous lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by susieq777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm so happy with this product. I have ultra sensitive eyes and have gone without wearing mascara for a year or so because it wasn't worth the hassle. But I have no problems at all with this mascara.

It's true the colour enhancing isn't eye popping, especially if you're just wearing the mascara by itself. I rarely wear makeup, and when I did a few weeks ago and looked in the mirror I was really surprised at how blue my eyes looked.

Highly recommended.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by wotisthis

I LOVED this mascara's color... however I've got downward facing, long, and scraggly eyelashes... the brush and mascara formula obviously never stood a chance! But I lo

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by cinderella235

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have blue eyes so I thought that this mascara would make mine pop that much more. It makes my eyes stand out a bit more, but it's nothing over-the-top. It's a good natural looking mascara though, and it doesn't clump which is nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only bought this because it was only $2 after my coupons. I really like the volume and length it provides, but it the color just looks black to me. I don't see anything in it that could possibly make anybody's eyes look different. No sparkle, no shimmer... just looks charcoaly/black. It's easy to wash off, too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Call me insane...

I bought this mascara in green and purple, and I knew that it is clumpy and very difficult to apply. Usually, I run my colored mascara under hot water to loosen up the mixture.

There was a BOGO and I ordered the blue. Well, the results are the same, POOR, but the color blue is very pretty. I keep hoping that Almay will change the product mix and this mascara will miraculously get better. Hasn't happened yet. I will not buy this product again...

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Julcifer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this as i've had some itchy eyes lately and thought it might be a good idea. I have really blue eyes and short lashes. i found that this didn't really make my eyes bluer but maybe look whiter. it did lengthen but didn't add volume which I prefer. it did smudge through the day though on both upper eyelid (blue smudge!) and lower. Not the best I have used and wouldn't repurchase.