September 2, 2014 | 878 users online

Highlighters - By Terry - Collector's Edition Golden Strass Compact Powder

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2005 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Maisie100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I remember reading somewhere that Aerin Lauder uses Creme de la Mer on her feet. To me, this was the most indulgent thing I had ever heard of, done in the name of beauty. This highlighter is perhaps the beauty equivalent in terms of indulgence, as it is the most stunning beauty product I have ever owned. I can imagine compact collectors would love this. It retails for 290 euros but I got it for a steal on ebay. You first open a deep purple silk box which holds the heavy gold compact, a gold-handled powder brush, and a thin gold switch pin (used to pop out the powder when it is empty, so you may refill the compact). "By Terry" is etched in rhinestones on the lid. The compact is substantial and quite heavy and comes with a good mirror. Inside, a small round pan is divided into 3 shades of powder: silver, gold, and copper, stamped with the By Terry logo. When you run the brush across the surface of the powder, you only pick up a sheer veil: the highlights are shimmery but subtle. At first I thought the three colors mixed together would be garish, but it is nothing of the sort. When combined, the three shades of powder create a golden, candlelit shimmer. This would be as beautiful on the face as the body. I can imagine using it as eyeshadow, as well, or mixing a tiny bit with lip gloss. I find myself opening it just to stare at the compact and to listen to the hefty click as it shuts. A truly gorgeous, treat yourself item. I would love to give this to every dear friend if I won the lottery.