August 1, 2014 | 2099 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elizabeth Arden - Allergen - Prevage MD Anti-aging Treatment (1% prescription-strength Formulation)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by tonkatoy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am almost 48 years old and have been experimenting in the beauty industry skin care for twenty years. I have never found a product that worked so well so fast on my skin. I had lots of liver spots, melasma, and wrinkles, uneven skin tone. Prevage face absolutely resolved most of my issues. my skin was a little red at first, but I kept at it. I understand that there is NO other product out there except in little town of Swedon that has idebenone and ergothianine in it. I understand that these are the ONLY two products that penetrate INSIDE the cell to kill free radicals, while all other antioxidants kill free radicals on the OUTSIDE of the cell. Wow, how powerful that is. NOw it makes sense to me why it worked so well on me and my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Sparrow2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sadly, this product did not work for me. I had great hopes but broke out with 31 small pimples all over my face (I'm 55). Not the prettiest sight at the holidays. Does anyone know exactly what the irritating product in Prevage would be? I read that it may be the idebenone but am interested in any other thoughts.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by inspector1

I am one of the fortunate ones whom this works for. I agree that not every line is going to be universally compatible for all. That being said, I am amazed at how this line has transformed my complexion! I am 51 years old, and have tried numerous lines to only be dissatisfied, left with breakouts, over dry or over pores so clogged, either way I then had to hide under make-up, a vicious circle. Then I bought this line, WOW! My skin is radiant, my wrinkles significantly improved, I can actually go out with just mascara and lipstick. Amazing, amazing product. Expensive, sure, but you do not need use a lot, a little goes a long way. I have had numerous compliments and get asked what I use. I also at the same time purchased Arden make up as well. I am so so so pleased with it all, I have finally found products that are quality, work, and to me are worth the expense. Try it! If you are fortunate like me, whereby it is compatible with your chemistry? You will love it. To those it does not, I'm sorry and I truly hope you find a line that will make you as thrilled as this has me. I look 10-12 years younger!!! I am so happy with Elizabeth Arden's Prevage line and makeup as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 1:46:00 PM More reviews by ChristalBrooks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love prevage. i love the whole line.

I do work in the cosmetic industry, so I come into contact with a lot of products, and this product outshines the ret significantly. I can say this honestly that I do not know if it is the right product for everyone - and that others have reviewed it as being a gimmick - however in this industry every Cx company is out to sell and I think the consumer needs to look at the results of the product and what works for them.

I have use MULTIPLE products with MULTIPLE actives and have had reactions to large active products before but not with Prevage. I saw results within the first week and have maintained them using this product and the whole line together.

Skin luminosity was improved dramatically, my skin was smoother, pore clogged less frequently, fine lines disappeared around my eye area (from the eye products) etc. and I will not mention the name but I was using lines for 6 months ( to see results fairly) at a time and properly as part of my job until I found the one that worked the best for me.

I think you need to have 'damaged' skin to see results that are visible. I have sun damaged skin, oily, thick, rough, as a general rule, so I can greatly benefit from products and proper skincare. I am 29 years old. Agreed to the lady who mentioned olive skin - I am also olive skinned.

If someone has 'normal' small pored, no wrinkled skin (aka if you have nothing to fix) then I don't believe you will see results, because there is nothing to fix - or of course if you have a reaction this product is not right for you.

My challenge would be to take a 'before' picture, use the product for 6 months, then take an 'after' picture. I know a few ladies in the industry who have done this and it is remarkable. And may I add that where we work we sell multiple lines from multiple companies and nothing yet has worked for me like Prevage.

Would also like to add that mixing multiple high active products is likely not a good idea because they are are not designed to work in conjunction with each other in their own line and predicting results would be difficult ... kind of like mixing medications not a good idea...

If you see results - LOVE IT! USE IT! If you don't understand everyone's skin is unique and ask your cosmetician to help you find something that is better suited to what you need :) Cheers ladies!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Vivalicious

I suppose i'm a bit too young to be using this product...but i was hoping this would help slow my skin's ageing process but i actually feel that it does nothing for me. it didnt make my skin more firm or supple. So i suppose, unless you're above 40...this product is a complete waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Nancyw314

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was using the lower strength and loved it because of the finish it gave my skin. My skin looked translucent. I am now using the 1%. I have been using it for two weeks with no sensitivity problems. I truly can't say that the lower strength did anything for wrinkles, I just liked the way it made my skin look. The higher strength is doing the same thing. I hope with this higher strength I might see more improvement with wrinkling. Will write with an update.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by bluemeanie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My review is on Prevage MD (1% idebenone) that is available from certain skincare sites and dermatologist offices; it's not about Prevage (0.5% idebenone) available at Sephora, dept. stores, etc. I bought a 1 oz. pump bottle of Prevage MD from my new derm last month -- for about $125.00. His assistant said that I should test it out on my arm first, use it, and if it didn't agree with my skin that I could return it for a refund. That was nice. I figured no risk so I tried it. I did the arm test (underneath forearm, near where elbow bends) and it went fine. Derm told me to ramp up slowly; he suggested using it sparingly on face every 3 nights for a week, then every other night the 2nd week, then every night from 3rd week forward. Did this. Again, no probs but I did feel a slight tingling/warming sensation after putting it on each time. Did not bother my skin and it looked and felt fine in the morning.

All was going well after that 3rd week, so I figured I wanted to try using Ziana one night and Prevage MD on another, alternating. I love Ziana so wanted to keep it in my routine. After a couple weeks of doing this, my skin started to get very red on my forehead and upper lip area, with some red bumps. I also had excessive tiny flakes on the red areas and elsewhere on my face; exfoliating did not help that much. The bumps were not pimples, they were bumps of irritation -- I know, lame description there. That being said, I felt compelled to keep trying to make Prevage work for me, because I noticed an improvement in skintone and age spots definitely faded for me. I actually went out several times during the day without makeup (yes, still wore sunscreen) and my skin looked good. The product is supposed to give noticeable improvments after about 8 weeks of use, IIRC from my derm, the Prevage MD site, and the pamphlet my derm gave me. But due to the irritation in conjunction with Ziana use (I am not giving up Ziana because it helps my light acne and lines) I am going to pull back on my use of Prevage MD. I may only use it 2x per week at night to see if that gives me any benefit. At the very least, I will use up the one bottle I have. I will try to update this review after a few more weeks, to give more info on the status of my skin irritation, and to see if the skintone/discoloration improvements I noticed are maintaining even with reduced usage.
ETA 2/25/10: Earlier this week, I could not take it anymore. Odd that after 5 weeks, gradually weaning up to using every night and then cutting back to every other night (because I like Ziana too!) that my skin would start reacting. Forehead, skin on upper lip and my neck (which only got what was left on my hands) were red, rought and raw. Has taken 2-3 days to try to turn my skin around. Upper lip has little flakes and peels = fugly, but I have to get through this for my skin to heal. I am taking a major break from Prevage MD, for obvious reasons. I will post back with more info if I decide to try it for one night after all is healed for a while, or if I find out that it was not the Prevage MD after all (I also changed my morning moisturizer around the same time as starting the Prevage MD).
ETA 3/2/10: The problem was not with my morning moisturizer. My skin has healed from the Prevage MD over-exposure. Continuing to abstain from Prevage MD for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Cocteautwin75

I first tried this product in the summer of 2009. The sales lady at Macy's recommended it for fine lines, even skin tone, fresh faced, etc.
The box came with the Anti-Aging product along with the eye cream.
This was the first time in my life I spent more than $30 dollars on any beauty product.
I have olive skin tone and I was amazed at how well and instant this product worked. I'd apply it in the morning after using my Clarisonic (a gift) and I'd see instant firmness and glow to my skin. I got many compliments at work and they just would say "your face is glowing!"
You can actually feel the tingle when you first apply it. You also feel that it gives you an instant face lift/firmness type of look/feeling. I was blown away.
I decided to also get the body products for my hands and chest area. I also bought the night cream that I use nightly after washing my face.
The product, if used correctly will last about 3-4 months - however I tend to use a little more than what is stated - I usually use it twice a day.
I have been using the product for 7 months now and the fine lines and sun spots are nearly gone. I had some fine lines around mouth/nose area, on cheeks and near eyes - those are nearly gone. Also I had very light brown spots under my eyes and those are gone as well.
I love this product and it's well worth the high price tag!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Tekarra

I was afraid to try this, as I am prone to eczema, and I have sensitive, very fair skin. I tried a tiny bit at a time--once a day. I also used the prevage night cream. I have had a bit of irritation, especially in the winter, but not really worse than before I used this. I have continued to use the prevage because the little sun damage areas I had are now barely visible, and the texture of my skin seems to have improved. I use sunscreen religiously as well. I will continue to use this product--it does improve my skin, and with less irritation than other products I've tried. The key is to use only a tiny bit at a time--I have to wonder if some people who have had reactions to this may have used way too much of the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2009 1:58:00 AM More reviews by beautyfirst

i have read so many reviws about prevage stating tht gives u tht horrible itch,irritation however i believe tht some people just dnt know how to use it.i am using Prevage almost 2 months now and this is the best targeted anti-aging product out in the market.yes, i did have a little breakout at first becuz i was putting it on my face twice a day and thts why i start using just a little on cleansed face and the biggest secret here is to use not active moisture cream-i mean not more than good moisture properties and spf if ur not allergic to.i just recently read about wht exactly Prevage and the Idebenone does for your skin-by shielding ur skin from the free radicals, allows its natural production of collagen and cell repair ,from environmental assaults such as sun,smoke,polution,dieting,stress.this is the only one product made by a partnership of cosmetic company and dermatechnology division.and ladies,yes i totally love it.....its "face lift in a bottle" i recommend it to everyone who is trying to find the way to firmer,smoother,even toned and younger looking skin.