July 26, 2014 | 1447 users online

Powder - Vincent Longo - Pressed Powder Golden Banana

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2007 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Mipmip

Very good setting powder aswell as a touch up powder. Looks totally flawless, natural and gives a nice soft focus. It also provides good oilcontrol. The light golden banana is perfect in the winter, even if you do not have a yellow/golden undertone in your skin it is perfect for toning down the redness one can get out in the cold. Absolutely perfect powder. I use this powder with a brush, always, it looks the best if you want a natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2007 10:17:00 PM More reviews by obsessed098

Gosh, darnit. Why does this have to contain talc?! That's my sole reason for not repurchasing. Otherwise, it's HG material. Seriously.

So, now that we got that out of the way...

My skin: very oily. Bush might as well use me to replace all the oil facilites in the country. Heck, I could be a renewable resource, but, I digress. I also breakout alot, being the teen that I am.

Product performance: Awesome. Great texture; very smooth. When I'm brushless I just clean my hands and use my fingers to blend. On my lazy days I dot on concealer and sweep this on. Perfecto. Redness, gone. The coverage is light-med. This is also great for toning down blush cough::Orgasm::cough. I find this mattifies as great as MAC Blot, but not as long. Reasonable enough. The packaging sucks. For real. It may by thin, but down right flimsy. Maybe I'm just to picky in that department. Warning, though--too much will make you look sick due to the freakish yellow color. I think I might switch to golden oriental next.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2006 6:56:00 PM More reviews by kelybumc

I bought this powder about 8 months ago and I love it. Only now am I almost out, so in my opinion, it was worth the money and I plan to repurchase. I don't really have an opinion about the texture itself, but then again, I'm not extremely picky about powders. What I mainly love about this powder is the color. I have very fair skin with a lot of redness and in Golden Banana, this powder works perfectly to neutralize the redness (it far surpasses Bobbi Brown's PP in Pale Yellow, which used to be a HG for me). I have to use blush/bronzer over it to avoid looking dead, but it's fine to use alone for touchups. The packaging is bittersweet. I love that it is such a slim compact and doesn't take up a lot of room in my purse, but it's hard to fit a sponge in it (other than the one that it comes with, which sucks, btw). I did manage to cram a replacement sponge in it and though I could barely get it shut the first few times, after awhile, the sponge sort of flattened out and it fits fine now (though, when I wash it, I'm back to square one for awhile). For some reason, the pan isn't glued to the compact so you do have to be somewhat careful when opening it or it could fall out and break. In any case, this could be easily solved by gluing it yourself. With this type of packaging, it seems you would be able to buy refill pans, but as far as I know, they aren't sold that way. I really wish VL would come out with a pressed powder foundation in this color, b/c it would be nice to have a bit more coverage. Neverthertheless, this is currently a HG for me and I highly recommend it

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2005 2:28:00 AM More reviews by bsb_baby_love

Finally, I've found a powder that works well on me. The yellow in this neutrailzes the redness in my skin and does great on taking care of shine. Amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2005 8:07:00 AM More reviews by joyelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a PPP with normal skin and purchased this in "Golden Banana". I use this alone and it evens my skintone and hides any slight redness I might have. It is finely milled and imparts a nice matte, polished finish. It doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything on my skin. It did not cause irritation nor breakouts [I had a horrible irritation from L'Oreal powder]. I have to agree with the other reviewers regarding the puff-it is flimsy and flat. This is an especially good product in the humid summer, but, for the winter, I think I would prefer a more glowy powder than this. This powder is $26.