Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner

2.9

Unfortunately this stuff was stoppable. My lids are quite oily so consider that with my review. It was really pigmented (I had the onyx) and went on easy with no dragging but it didn't stay put for very long. I use a gel liner most of the time but some days i'm in a hurry and don't have time to really concentrate on my liner. Plus I use the bobbi brown gel liner and that stuff is pricey so on days where I don't want to waste my good stuff I like to have a back up on hand. I was hoping this would be the answer but i'm still on the hunt.

on 11/28/2014 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have this in "Onyx" and it's a very nicely pigmented, deep black. This liner applies smooth, rich color, even on the waterline. However, because the formula is soft and creamy, it does smudge, even when set with a powder. I haven't found a pencil liner that doesn't smudge on me though, so I don't knock off too many points for that, but I was hoping for better lasting power. It actually works best on my waterline, because of the good color payoff there. I'm not sure if I would repurchase, I am still hoping to find a decently priced liner that won't smudge.

on 11/12/2014 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This eyeliner applies super pigmented and thick which was not a good thing because it's super greasy. In less than 2 hours after application, what I had put on my upper lash line, melted down underneath my eyes. At the end of the day it was a smudgy mess. When I tried to take it off, it took about five cotton balls and make up remover to come off. After cleansing and toning it's still not completely off.

I've been using eyeliners for over 20 years and this is one of the worst I've ever tried. It is unstoppable, it stops as soon as it gets near your skin. I seriously could not see much of this product on my skin. I tried it with different foundations, lotions, and eyeshadows underneath. It just did not work for me. If you want something affordable that is creamy, long lasting, and very pigmented check out Maybellines Drama Masters line. I love the pencil liners and the gel liners. The only thing with those is the dry up, but only if you haven't used them up in a few months.

on 9/22/2014 5:46:00 PM

I bought the onyx one because they ran out of black. It's a decent eyeliner. It just needs to be reapplied throughout the day.

on 9/17/2014 5:38:00 AM

This seems to be one of those love it or hate it products. Put me in with the love! It's a HG for my needs, which is to STAY PUT. I am a labor and delivery nurse and sometimes work is sweaty and hot and tearful (babies!) so the eyeliner needs to stand up to all that. I swear at the end of a shift nothing has budged. Pretty colors, great price. It's easy to build up to a thicker line, too, for more dramatic looks. I don't use it for the waterline, so I can't comment about that. For me, it's fantastic.

on 7/29/2014 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this to use on my waterline because I always use the Maybelline gel eyeliner for lining my upper lash line. To be honest I bought it because I thought it was cheap at Target, but after I bought it I realised I must have been looking at the wrong price tag or something because it was a bit more expensive. Anyway I've worn it a few times on nights out and I have noticed that it doesn't last very long on my lash line. Applying it is easy and smooth, but after not long I needed to reapply it a few times throughout the night. So I took it out in my clutch a couple of nights ago and it fell out somewhere and I lost it, but I will be purchasing a different one to replace it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is easy to apply to the water line, but it doesn't last but maybe 30 minutes.

on 5/17/2014 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this eyeliner once and threw it away afterward. I only got is because they were out of both my first (revlon colorstay) and second (l'oreal infallible) choices. Just from the application, it went on a little too easily, which to me means it's greasy. It didn't last on my waterline for more than an hour. Absolutely worthless.

on 5/6/2014 1:15:00 AM

Its too hard. I have to tug so hard on my eyelid to get the color to deposit. It also stains badly after I wash it off. It has a nice long lasting pigment though. But its hard as a colored pencil.