Maybelline Sky High Curves Extreme Length and Curl WaterProof [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

on 9/29/2013 1:09:00 PM

I can't believe this mascara was discontinued =( it was once of my first mascaras and one of my favorites. I have short, stiff asian lashes with a lid that likes to push down on any curls.

The only mascaras that work are the waterproof asian brand ones that usually cost around $20 and are a pain to remove due to the nature of the formula. Over the years I've tried ranges of the different mascaras from the drugstore and from the higher end but find myself wishing I had the Sky High Curves mascara back.

The only downside to this mascara was that it flaked a little bit after a long day.

If you have lash issues like I do but want to stick with drugstore mascaras, you might want to try Cover Girl Lash Exact and Essence Stay-no-matter-what 24 hours mascara.

on 8/25/2010 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used this product for at least 8 years probably (if it was around that long) and am so disappointed that it's been discontinued :( It was the only mascara that didn't leave dark smudges under my eyes at the end of the day and always made my extremely short eyelashes look full and long. The manufacturer's website told me of their new product XXL PRO Curl was the product that replaces the Sky High Curves so I'll try it out and report back. I really hope I haven't lost my perfect mascara.

on 7/11/2010 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Nothing special. I have straight, medium length lashes. This gave a little bit of length and a little bit of volume. There was very little clumping, and no flaking. It held my curl nicely, slightly more than other mascaras. It was a bit of a pain to remove, even though I was using Maybelline's waterproof mascara remover. This is an okay mascara, but not revolutionary.

on 6/19/2010 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This product does what it says it does, curl and lengthen. The application process is easy, with quite a typical mascara wand. It does nothing for volume though, so unless you have naturally thick lashes, you'll have long and thin lashes after using this. I recommend using this with a volumizing mascara (try L'Oreal Voluminous or Maybelline Colossal). The staying power is pretty good for a drugstore mascara.

on 6/7/2010 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Pros:
- Gives really nice length and volume
- Curls very well, and the curls actually stay in for a very long time
- Dries quickly
- Waterproof
- Does not smudge
- Does not clump

Cons:
- Nil

Overall:
I purchase this just a few days ago and I love it. It is inexpensive and works lovely. It does not clump, give amazing length and curls, the volume is just a bonus. After I applied and curled my lashes, my lashes looked really thick, very long, and curly, my mom actually thought I had extension on, and a few people thought I had false lashes because they were just soo beautiful.

Would I buy it again? Definitely

on 6/2/2010 7:52:00 AM

This was one of my first mascaras. It was a disappointment for me. Clumps and didn't lengthen my lashes much.

on 4/25/2010 6:56:00 PM

i love how this mascara is actually waterproof - it rains a lot where i live and, coupled with going about your day, if i've gotta deal with smudge-y eyeliner, at least with this mascara, the mascara stays put!
however, i don't find that it curls my lashes at all. in its defense, however, i do have the wimpiest lashes ever -_-'!

this product's really great cause it curls my lashes even without a curler. it doesn't clump even with more than one coat, and it really elongates my lashes. although this is a really good product, waterproof is harder to get off, and i don't like spending time on eye makeup removing, so i'll get a normal mascara

on 4/1/2010 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I've actually been using this product since high school. It does a great job of holding a curl and does a good job of volumizing. It does sometimes smudge at the end of the day but not too much. I find the wand is a little long but it's not a big deal. The brush is great, it doesn't clump and gets all the lashes coated evenly. I would recommend this to anyone.

on 3/27/2010 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This mascara does what it says on the packet. It definitely gives a curl to the lashes and does have a lengthening and thickening effect. I love that the curl it gives stays in place all day, but I dislike how stiff and brittle it makes my lashes feel - I'm not sure how good that is for my lashes! And it seems to clump quite a bit, no matter how I apply it. I also find that it's difficult to get off my lashes, even with an oil-based eye makeup remover - I always leave some behind and in the morning I have panda eyes.

Popular Mascaras