Head and Shoulders Smooth and Silky shampoo

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: 1% w/w Pyrithione Zinc. INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Zinc Carbonate, Glycol Distearate, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Cetyl Alcohol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Benzoate, Magnesium Carbonate Hydroxide, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride.

on 8/25/2015 8:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I really love this! It smells good and it does what it says...makes my hair silky and smooth. I honestly don't find that I need a conditioner because the shampoo is moisturizing enough.

on 1/4/2015 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Once fall and winter came around my skin and hair started getting very dry. I noticed some dandruff so of course I went for an anti dandruff shampoo. This stuff is alright. It smells nice, leaves my hair soft.. It hydrates my hair and doesn't weigh it down, unless it's the second day, then my hair is oily as fuh. I'm not sure if I'll repurchase as I want to branch out and try other drugstore shampoos. If you have fine hair that gets easily oily and a sensitive scalp I probably wouldn't recommend this.

on 11/3/2014 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

cured my dry and flaky scalp in a month.

on 8/5/2014 4:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I suffer from terrible dandruff. I came to this shampoo just because I was done with itching my scalp. I chose smooth and silky because my hair tends to get dried out from the other ones in this line. This didn't keep away the flakes, and when I was out of the shower I was already feeling the itches come back. The smell is ok.... and this weighed down my hair. After doing research I realized that this shampoo causes build up which worsens dandruff. So, I ditched this shampoo. I am now doing great with my own natural remedies for the scalp and it has worked better then ever.. may even have cured it all together! BUT, if you use this as your regular shampoo I suggest you stop because this shampoo has been said to make dandruff worse. That being said, everyones results are different! This didn't cure my dandruff and even if it temporarily relieved it, it wasn't worth it. It made my hair look terrible and thin. So if you are going through this try some other remedy. Natural remedies such as olive oil and tea tree work wonders! (what I am using) do a google search.

on 5/13/2014 12:22:00 PM

Won't use again. This shampoo did relieve my itchy dry scalp somewhat but I swear I must have 20-30 strands of hair fall out. I brushed my hair a bit at first then slightly ran my hand over to my horror to have a handful of hair strands. ( I expect a little hair to come out after washing my hair, but this was terrible) thank goodness I have thicker hair but I can imagine with continued use of this crap that wouldn't last to long.

on 4/20/2014 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It works great at first, I seriously stop having dandruff and my hair smells nice all the time. However after about 1 month it just stop being a magic. You know what I mean.

on 3/4/2014 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

horrible, just horrible!

made my scalp itchy and my hair started falling in clumps. threw a half full bottle of it in the bin. won't buy again

on 3/3/2014 2:58:00 AM

[Update] Use a residue-removing shampoo every several washes. It will build up and make your hair weighed down and unrepsonsive to styling.

I don't understand the 'lower' buy back rating. This shampoo makes my hair silky and shiny AND it effectively got rid of my scalp problems (itching, occassional abrasion). Using it feels like I'm actually using a cleansing conditioner: you don't get a whole lot of lather and your hair feels more buttery after using it; I even find that I need less conditioner. The shine this product gives my hair is awesome and it smooths out my shafts too.

on 2/22/2014 10:30:00 AM

This shampoo is horrible for sebhorrea.cause my scalp to be very itchy and oily, and what more it cause product buildup at my hair, my hair looks super greasy like i have not wash it for days, had try menthol cool, improve my scalp a bit but same problem with the buildup at my hair,both end up in the trash..head and shoulders please bring back your previous formula!!!

on 1/24/2014 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this a while back to use just as a general scalp health shampoo. I bought it at the same time as the Clear brand for dandruff (not sure if I have dandruff, but I don't wash my hair all that often since it is a bit dry, but build up will occur on my scalp after some time). I like the Clear a lot more. However this is ok. I don't think it really does anything different to my scalp, but the smell is nice, it's a good generic shampoo, I feel clean after using it. I had used a citrus scented one previously and felt the same. Lately I use it to fade my hair color without the harsh effects of a clarifying shampoo like Prell (which I also have but just isn't for me) I don't think I'd need or buy it again but it's ok for now.