C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve

4.3

Petrolatum, Lanolin oil, squalane, jojoba esters, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, cotton seed oil, octyldodecanol, bisabolol, red 20 lake (CI 73360).

I really wish I could use this one, I really do. I tried this because I heard good reviews, so I bought one at Bath & Body Works. I used it a couple times, and I realized it made my lips feel numb. I feel numbness when I'm allergic to something, so I couldn't use it anymore. I gave it away to my grandma and she likes it.

on 6/28/2015 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I picked up one of these little balms last week when I was out shopping with a friend after reading all the rave reviews. Let me just say, the packaging is completely adorable, but I find that the lid is too loose. I don't really like lip balm tins, as I don't like applying with my finger, so I just put my lips directly into the tin when I use it as a balm. The product itself is okay. It smells pretty good, I like the texture, and it's pretty moisturizing as a cuticle balm. For lips, it's okay, not bad, but not the best either. My lips feel softer after, but it's not the huge difference that I've seen with, say, Baby Lips or Nivea. I find the texture to be too tacky to put anywhere but cuticles and lips, so I haven't tried it on my elbows, knees, or face, which the packaging states are other uses for the salve. As a cuticle balm, I give it an A+. As a lip balm, I'd say a B. I don't know if I would buy it again, but I put that I would because I do genuinely like this product.

on 5/20/2015 1:12:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

What a lovely little pick me up for dry lips! I bought Rose Salve at Nordstrom Rack about a week ago for a little over $5, and have been using it nightly ever since. I love slathering it on my lips at night- it has a subtle, yummy scent (like rose and vanilla) and minimal ingredients. While petrolatum is one ingredient, it's definitely better than using straight Vaseline, as there are other emollients (like lanolin) that help to really moisturize lips rather than just sitting up top in a layer. It can be used on other areas like cuticles and elbows, but I've only used it on my lips. While it has a rosy colored tint in the tin, it is transparent on my lips- they're fairly pigmented as is. I am looking to purchase another one to keep in my purse. I'm really pleased- Rose Salve is a no frills product I will happily continue to use.

on 4/5/2015 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I like this product and I love the little tin. This keeps my lips hydrated, but it's no where like my beloved Carmex. This isn't a must for me, but it's a good product.

on 2/6/2015 6:03:00 AM

This lip balm is a God send! I normally use Vaseline and I feel like that just sits on top of my lips without actually soaking in, but this lip balm wow it's so much creamier and actually soaks in to my lips!! I've been using this for about two weeks now, before this lip balm all I ever did was bite/peel my lips they were always dry and now I don't ever bite them and they're never peeling. I could see a difference within two days of using this balm, I cannot rate it highly enough! The tin it comes in is cute and really old styley I love it, and the smell is gorgeous! It smells to me really buttery and just comforting not like other rose products at all. This is definitely a must have!

on 12/31/2014 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I loooove this lip balm. I'm on my 3rd container and this time bought an extra so I could keep one in my purse at all times juuuust in case. My lips dry out quite easily so I rarely wear lipstick. This lip balm absorbs quickly and makes my lips feel great for a looong time. Also if I pile it on an hour before I do my makeup, I can wear lipstick! Also, it smells lovely! I say you try it.

on 12/30/2014 12:28:00 PM

My lips were extremely dry and flaking off for about a month when winter hit and are usually pretty dry anyway. I tried a whole lot of things before this product that didn't work and every time I applied lipstick it looked gross because of my yucky dry lips!

After a day or 2 my lips stopped peeling and looked normal. The taste, smell and colour of this product are nice and subtly rosy.

It's not waxy or goopy, it just feels smooth.
I wear a bit under my lip stick and it feels good for hours, also even after the product wears off, my lips don't feel parched they just feel like normal naked hydrated lips. I also put lots on before bed and never wake up feeling like a dry old raisin! :D

I don't like using my finger to apply lip products but in this case it's worth it because this stuff WORKS. I will definitely buy it again when I run out :)

on 12/26/2014 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My husband HATES kissing me with lip gloss on. "Its sticky" "it tastes Like fake fruit" "pretty sure I ate an oil rigs worth of petroleum jelly" Even with my EOS, which was my go to. Then, I bought this. It reminded me of something my great grandmother used to let me use as a kid, but tastier. I use this stuff EVERYWHERE. I have dry cracked hands from my OCD hand washing BAM skin drinks.it in. I slather on a.huge amount before bed and my lips are amazingly soft and my husband.Will.kiss me without complaining! After reading ingredients I felt safe enough to put it.on my daughters (almost 3 and just turned one). For them it is great for lips, and even cheeks before we go out when it's windy and cold.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Amazing balm. There is also a Lavender one that is just as good. I love this. It gets rid of my dry, flakey lips and it smells nice but the scent isn't too strong. It has a slight pinkish red tint. This lasts quite awhile and I do have extremely dry lips and this is one of the few things that works. This is also great on cuticle too. This comes in a cute little circular tin and can easily be carried in a purse. I haven't had the top come off once in my purse. I really love this product. The only slightly negative thing about it is that it comes in a tin pan not a lipstick style tube. You will have to get the product using a brush or finger. I don't mind that though because the product is worth it.

on 12/3/2014 4:48:00 PM

Amazing lip balm. Rich moisturizing and lasts long.

Popular Lip Treatments