C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve

4.3

Petrolatum, Lanolin oil, squalane, jojoba esters, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, cotton seed oil, octyldodecanol, bisabolol, red 20 lake (CI 73360).

Love this product so much! I've been using this for 7 years now and I still repurchase it as soon as I run out. My daily lip balm is Palmer's cocoa butter lip balm but lately due to the cold Texas weather and my love of liquid lipsticks, my lips have been cracking and bleeding. I found my trusty rose salve and left it on over night and my lips felt so much better the next day. I would defiantly reccomend giving it a shot since its really moisturizing and can be used on cuticles, elbows, etc.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite lip treatments. Great bang for your buck! At first, you may feel like the Rose scent is too strong, but you will get used to it and soon wont even notice it. This product seriously softens lips and is super easy to apply. It also is longer lasting than many other products. Plus it adds a small hue of pink to your lips!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This was ok but you can buy a big jar of a much similar product at the store and it does exactly the same thing. I also hate these little tins they are terrible.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love everything about this product. I use it to treat my chronically chapped lips and awful cuticles. The texture is so silky and moisturizing and the very sheer tint is a natural peachy pink. The only thing I don't like is that the scent doesn't smell like roses at all. It's actually a sickly sweet vanilla-ish scent. Only con though and it's worth it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

THE HOLIEST OF GRAILS!! So, I bought this because YouTubers just wouldn't stop raving about Dior Rose Balm or somethin' and I was not about to dish out 33 bucks for a lip balm, so I picked this one up instead.

My life has been forever changed.
This is an awesome lip balm! First, great moisturizing properties, there's a lovely rosy tint so it can be worn alone, and I can use it as a spot moisturizer! In the winter, my skin can get dry patches (as oily as my face is) and this heals them completely! I can even use this as a general face moisturizer and I don't break out! Basically, you can use this wherever you feel dry.

In case you didn't know, this is available at Bath & Body Works, so you best be gettin' some.

I had used Carmex chap stick for years because my lips would get so bad chapped. I used it constantly and once I took it off it made my lips dry out. I found out later that it has Sacylic Acid, a chemical that dries out pimples! No wonder I wasn't getting anywhere. Anyway, I go to Bath and Body Works a lot for they're antibacterial soap and I happened across this Rose Bud Salve and I thought $5.50 was a bit much to pay for this, but I caved anyway and bought it. At the time my top lip was chapped, cracked and bleeding. I put this one before I went to bed that night and the next morning my lips has completely healed! I little had come off during the night, but I had a thin film still on my lips and I wiped that off and my lips still felt moist. I applied this right after I bought it and the smell is great and its got just the right texture. I can put this on right before I leave for work at 7:30 and it stays on until I eat lunch around 12:30. The tin also lasts forever. I bought one tin 2 years ago and I haven't even made a large dent in this tin yet. The lid is not hard to get off if you leave it loosened just a little bit. This is the best lip balm I have ever found. You can get it at Bath and Body Works and they usually have a buy 2 get 2 free deal on this which is a great deal. I bought a lot. I have one in my desk at work at my one office and I have another in my other office at work, one in my purse, one in the bathroom and one my by nightstand at home. I have it everywhere! Try it, you won't regret using it. You'll see a difference the first time you use it.

I really wish I could use this one, I really do. I tried this because I heard good reviews, so I bought one at Bath & Body Works. I used it a couple times, and I realized it made my lips feel numb. I feel numbness when I'm allergic to something, so I couldn't use it anymore. I gave it away to my grandma and she likes it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I picked up one of these little balms last week when I was out shopping with a friend after reading all the rave reviews. Let me just say, the packaging is completely adorable, but I find that the lid is too loose. I don't really like lip balm tins, as I don't like applying with my finger, so I just put my lips directly into the tin when I use it as a balm. The product itself is okay. It smells pretty good, I like the texture, and it's pretty moisturizing as a cuticle balm. For lips, it's okay, not bad, but not the best either. My lips feel softer after, but it's not the huge difference that I've seen with, say, Baby Lips or Nivea. I find the texture to be too tacky to put anywhere but cuticles and lips, so I haven't tried it on my elbows, knees, or face, which the packaging states are other uses for the salve. As a cuticle balm, I give it an A+. As a lip balm, I'd say a B. I don't know if I would buy it again, but I put that I would because I do genuinely like this product.

EDIT: After having it for a couple of months, its scent has become harsh and soap-like, rather than the pretty rose smell that drew me to this product. The smell is now such a turn off that I may end up throwing it away. What a shame. :(

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

What a lovely little pick me up for dry lips! I bought Rose Salve at Nordstrom Rack about a week ago for a little over $5, and have been using it nightly ever since. I love slathering it on my lips at night- it has a subtle, yummy scent (like rose and vanilla) and minimal ingredients. While petrolatum is one ingredient, it's definitely better than using straight Vaseline, as there are other emollients (like lanolin) that help to really moisturize lips rather than just sitting up top in a layer. It can be used on other areas like cuticles and elbows, but I've only used it on my lips. While it has a rosy colored tint in the tin, it is transparent on my lips- they're fairly pigmented as is. I am looking to purchase another one to keep in my purse. I'm really pleased- Rose Salve is a no frills product I will happily continue to use.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I like this product and I love the little tin. This keeps my lips hydrated, but it's no where like my beloved Carmex. This isn't a must for me, but it's a good product.

Popular Lip Treatments