April 24, 2014 | 1852 users online

Scrubs - American Beauty - Soft Glow Gentle Face Polisher

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Rather disappointed with this product. It has too few scrubbing particles in a creamy clay base. Also has a strong perfumey scent I do not like. Did not really notice any significant exfoliation from this product. The label says to use only twice a week after cleansing. But because there are so few scrubbies in this, I have been using it every day to use it up with not problems.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 7:04:00 PM More reviews by dragonballz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this under the impression that it was an exfoliating face wash. After I got home, I saw that the directions said to use it right after washing your face and was a little bummed (I was running out of face wash and had just spent big bucks on a non-staple item). Anyways, I used it as directed and was more than pleasantly surprised. It left my skin feeling like a dream! My only complaints are that you can't use it more frequently than a couple times a week (according to the instructions) and the almost $15 price tag. I also love the pearly lavendar packaging of the product-so beautiful and feminine!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2006 6:09:00 PM More reviews by fireflyglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this! It's my HG exfoliator, and to think I bought this on a whim at Kohl's! It has tiny granules and a pleasant scent. I have very oily skin in the summer and combination skin in the winter, and it made my skin feel clean and fresh without overdrying like other exfoliators. I even use it as a mask. I do think it's expensive for an exfoliator, but it's definitely worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2006 6:41:00 PM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My review is more of the same: this is a gentle exfoliator w/ a light, pleasant scent. It comes in a squeezable tube and has no negative effects on my normal-combo, non-sensitive skin. However, I will be keeping this for use during the summertime only as the addition of kaolin (clay) is a tad too much for the winter months. It's not horribly drying, but would still be better for when my skin is oilier.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2005 8:41:00 PM More reviews by andreia6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a part of a gift set. I do like it a lot & will buy again. It does exactly what it says: it gently exfoliates your skin leaving it with a soft glow. It has a delicate pleasant fragance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2005 12:01:00 AM More reviews by crys20

This is so gentle yet effective! There is no fragrance which is great and when used in the shower, it doesn't feel like it should be a mask. After I used this, my face was so smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2005 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Schnarpsel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This scrub does what it says: It exfoliates and does so gently. For a long time, I had not used facial scrubs anymore because my skin couldn't handle the particles and felt raw afterwards. I first tested this scrub at the counter and could tell right away that it felt gentle. So I shelled out the steep $14 (after all it is Kohl's, not Neiman Marcus!) and carried it home. I must say that I like the product quite a bit.

Application is easy, and the tube allows to squeeze out small amounts, not big blops. The smell is pleasant and not "chewing-gummy" like some other scrubs. Would definitely buy again.