November 23, 2014 | 1011 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Beautikissbritt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Leaves my face soft and moist, def keeps my makeup looking smooth and not caked !

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by JKra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just a short review - I actually felt this made my makeup last SHORTER. Also, it felt heavy on my skin all day. I could feel my makeup all day whereas normally I don't. I had some flakiness one morning and it didn't help with that at all. I'm not even going to finish the bottle. I am just going to back to MAC it. If I had a receipt I would return it with no shame at all. Oh, I don't at all notice the glitter that others are describing.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by ESR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Liked the glitter in this product and sets making up well but made me break out after just a few days. Not worth the $$$'s. Definitely would not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2014 6:02:00 AM More reviews by ajitan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It’s been a week, now that I am using this primer; this was suggested by Shop hostess at MAC Store when I asked for some mattifying product on my Oily skin. 2 major observations I must mention then I leave it to you future buyers whether to go for it or not:-

1) It is extremely mattiying, the city that I live in has a very humid climate making me sweat and my face shine with oil continuously. I have tried this primer in closed air-conditioning and outside in humidity and trust me I have had that best matt effect for at least 5 hrs at a stretch without reapplying the product.

2) It is too shiny. This primer has very minute size glitter kind of some inclusions which makes your face shine and trust me this shine does not look great on face specially if you are using it as day-to-day primer.

So all in all one pro and one con. I personally would buy this primer in future only if its minus the glitter, if not I would love to try some new mattifying glitter free primer

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really liked this primer, it made my skin really soft and my foundation last, but wouldn't buy it again. It's one of the nicer ones in my opinion, but there are primers like ELF that are $6 that do just as good of a job.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by InParadiseIsland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This primer did prep my skin and add a couple extra hours to my makeup but I absolutely hated the glitter in it, and it smells AWFUL !! I left the bottle on the shelf for it to collect dust, it expired before I finished it. DEFINITELY won't be buying this again, total waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by georgiahmalone

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently went to a mac counter to buy myself some mac products instead of cheap makeup and the lady suggested this for me after I told her I had oily skin so I bought it, my face was shiny from the second I put it on (no powder could fix) and caused really bad pimples on my face that I never usually get. It did my face smooth but the problem of shine made that not even noticeable, would recommend it to people with dry skin or people that are after a really dewy look!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by xholly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I had primarily used mattifying primers previous to trying this product (mainly POREfessional) and I was really eager to switch to a more dewy look. I had read that a silicone-based primer was the way to go about this, so after some research (I'm a bit of a research fiend when it comes to beauty!) I decided that the MAC Prep and Prime Skin Base Visage was the one.

I tested it in the shop and was surprised to see flecks of sparkle in there and was initially concerned that this might transfer onto my face like glitter. I was wrong. It applied very smoothly to my skin and created a fantastic base for my foundation. I only use a small amount (one pump) as I find this usually provides me with enough product to cover the areas of my face that I wish to apply it.

As far as the dewy finish is concerned - I can confirm that it absolutely works and I love the end product once the rest of my make-up has been applied. I haven't suffered from any break-outs like I have read that some people have, but I am aware that this is quite common - so I'd definitely advise that you test this on your skin before making the splurge!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by CatVid

This evens out your skintone and skin surface but it did break me out every time I use it- to be fair this is a problem a lot a people have with silicone based primers but for that price I think this product should have a higher skin tolerance.

Will not be repurchasing and the almost full container just sits around collecting dust. This was a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by bobbi0908

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product does prep the skin for application especially since I just use it with concealer and some studio fix foundation powder, so it definitely adds a few more hours of lasting power. Although I tend to rub my nose a lot so my make up on my nose tends to disappear a bit but its not that big of a deal I just dab it with some tissue. The cost is always more when it comes to MAC but a little goes a long way. I apply it with a concealer brush all over my face...as soon as I run out I'm off to MAC again :D