July 25, 2014 | 973 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Lip Polish in Nude Flash

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by diram

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my HG "gleaming peachy beige-nude-GOLD" full coverage lip gloss. I say "gleaming" because it has much more punch than a "shimmer", yet it's a bit softer than a full out "chrome" or "metallic", and there is no discernable "glitter" particles. It has more luminosity than a basic "frost", so "gleaming" it is! haha I loved this shade so so so much, and almost cried when I read here that it was discontinued. Thankfully, I've just found an almost exact dupe! (see end of my review) :-)

Nude Flash is perfect for any girl wearing a smokey eye/nude lip look who wants a very metallic champagne gold lip that is pigmented enough to nude-out very naturally reddish lips in one swipe. IF your beauty idol is Zeeta Von Teese, however, keep on walking past this shade! lol It's NOT for you. ;) But, if you are faux tanned/suntanned/medium - dark skinned/ or olive toned of any shade...RUN and get this (or the dupe below)!! It's THE lip gloss to get for a Sun Goddess type look! I've worn this shade as a brunette, auburn haired, and now with my current blonde -- it's still gorgeous no matter which color my hair has been dyed to. But if you aren't rocking a dramatic eye makeup look, this lip shade will probably wash you out a bit, or at best look a bit blah. You need a strong eye with this type of lip, and it will be stunning!

Nude Flash's formulation and color was just heaven for me. It gave me the shine of a gloss, with the medium - full coverage of a lipstick. Best of all, this gloss was NOT greasy feeling at all. It went on seamlessly, and stayed put for hours! I usually hate glosses because of that "I just ate fried chicken and don't have a napkin to wipe my greasy mouth" type of feel. UGH Nude Flash Lip Polish went on as smoothly as a creme lipstick, and needed no lip pencil to keep it in place. What a shame that Maybelline discontinued it! I'd cyber stalk this company for pulling my coveted lip gloss, lol, but alas I've found a replacement! Maybelline, you are safe. haha

__________________

NEAR DUPE:
ULTA Brilliant Color Lip Gloss in "Brulee". :))
To my eye, this is an exact dupe of the Maybelline Lip Polish in "Nude Flash" in both color, as well as formulation. On my very berry colored lips, Brulee takes just ONE swipe to turn them into a GLEAMING peachy beige-nude-GOLD. I love this product and color, and ULTA, you better NOT ever pull this color or I'm going to pitch the hugest fit everrrrrrr!!! :D

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MichieKrum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a nude lip gloss. This lip gloss is nude, but has some shimmer to it. It's a little funky because it is nude, but has shimmer. It is highly pigmented for a lip gloss. Very thick too. It's alright over some of my lipsticks, but I do not like it by itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Moosemawen

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this nude lip gloss. I keep buying it over and over. For me it is so hard to find a good pigmented lip gloss. They look good in the tube but when I put them on there is hardly any color and are to sheer. This is perfect for the nude lip look with strong eye. Love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by 1lostinparadise

JessiDayle wrote: "I bought this looking for a nice shimmery nude gloss for everyday. Wrong. It is a very pigmented silvery nude gloss that looks horrible with my pale complexion and lips. I think this would be great to mix with darker lip colors for a different look. If that's what you're buying it for, great, but it is not what I had in mind. It's also a little too gooey and sticky for me."

This is everything I was going to say.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2007 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Pam_Too

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LUV! If you wear the smokey eye / nude lip look, GET THIS! It's a gorgeous "cool toned, metallic beige-gold shimmer". It is perfect with my tanned, cool toned olive skin, blonde hair, and brown eyes. It gives me that Bond Girl look ala Gold Finger's Golden Girl. LUVVVVVVVV it. It's also a great way to tone down/nude out darker lipsticks. And it looks fabulous over my bright pink lippies, giving them a softer, more shimmery look. A little (little!) goes a long long way, so no need to glop it on. I add a dab to the center of my lip, for a super sexy pout. If I'm using as an all over lip color, I use my lip brush vs the wand, for a lighter, sheerer application. For evening, I go all out with this, and use the wand for more of a metallic WOW type shade. I can't rave about this color enough (Fleshlight is it's ligher, paler, more beige nude sister, which is my 2nd favorite).

The consistency is lushiously opaque, which is perfect for nuding out my very reddish pigmented lips. It can stand up on its own as a lip stick, with the plus of shine. There is nothing slimy - oily - overly sheer about this gloss. I wish all lip glosses were like this.

The only negative, is that like ALL tube - wand type lip glosses, a lot of the product ends up wasted, as you are unable to get to the product once it is 2/3 used. But at this inexpensive price, it's no big deal. I'm much more upset over this issue with my MAC, etc lipglosses. I wish they'd make glosses like this in pots, instead.

I always get compliments on this lip gloss. So, if you can pull off a dramatic smokey eye, nude lip look, RUN and get this shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2007 3:20:00 PM More reviews by NatalieK

This is defintely not my favorite lip gloss. The gloss is too thick, it clumps up on the wand, and there is waaayy too much color involved. I have to use it very (and I mean VERY) sparingly, otherwise I look completely fake with this stuff on. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2007 1:15:00 PM More reviews by barbie_c0ri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my third tube! I don't wear this gloss that often but somehow i just end up with it again. I wore this when i was in high school! This is my fav nude gloss...i normally do not like metallic gloss because it's very the year "2000" where everyone was wearing SILVER! but this is an exception! Im NC 25, light golden-beige undertone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2006 10:08:00 AM More reviews by JessiDayle

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2006 2:47:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Color is what I feared--a very frosty, almost metallic, silvery beige-nude. It's very pigmented, almost like a liquid lipstick and has a nice, smooth, nonsticky, not-too-thick, not-too-thin texture. No scent or taste that I could detect. Packaging is a simple, round tube with a doefoot applicator. No problems so far, but the color is really off on my NC25-ish, yellow-toned complexion. This "gloss" is so pigmented that it completely covers up my naturally rosy, pigmented lips and makes me look rather hookerish--all I need is dark lipliner and some orangey bronzer and I'll be set! I'll try the dilution trick that FoXyKiTten01 suggested before giving up on this, though.

ETA: Tried the lipbalm trick and it didn't work--this still looked too silvery and frosty on me. Blech.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2005 7:55:00 PM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

Colourings: asain MAC NC30-35 with fairly pigmented lips

I have been searching for the HG nude lip look..and i finally found it...kind of. This lipgloss is too opaque and frosty when applied alone, which is why i don't like it. HOWEVER, if you "dilute" it by applying over a lip balm or applying EL fizzy pear Pure pop l/g on top. it is gorgeous! perfect nude/pink!