July 25, 2014 | 1673 users online

Styling Products - Citre Shine - Shine Miracle Anti-Frizz Polisher

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by amaranon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I first picked up this product to add shine to my bleached locks years ago. Since then, I've tried many different "natural" oils (most recently macadamia). I finally went back to this product because it offers the most natural-looking shine without making my hair stiff or appearing oily. I use quite a bit and my hair stays shiny, soft and flexible all day. The packaging could be improved - so the product doesn't leak out if the top is left open and accidentally knocked over. A soft rubber stopper (like Aura Cacia's Sweet Almond Oil) would be fantastic. Maybe I'm just clumsy :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I used this when I was in high school and my hair was at its frizziest. At the time I had really dry, dull hair and it was very kinky and hard to manage. I used to run a drop of this through my hair almost every morning after washing and blow-drying my hair to keep my fly-aways down, control the odd frizz strands in the upper half of my hair length, and to add shine to the lower half of the length of my hair that had dried to a crunch. Keep in mind, I never used any heat-styling products at the time, and this multi-tasker toned down (if not entirely took care of) a number of problems with my hair. I think I would have cried not having it in high school.

The biggest problem I had with this serum is that having too much of it running through my hair especially around the scalp would cause my hair to feel heavy and greasy. I had to wash my hair every day, no matter how little of this serum I used. For some reason my hair was very fickle; some days it was really dry and dull, and other days it was ridiculously and embarrassingly oily! When I cut my hair, I resorted to frizz sealers that sprayed on, so it was much more lightweight on my hair. But I definitely recommend this for those with hair that's difficult to manage due to dryness, frizz, or heat exposure, especially those with long or thick hair that needs extra love and care.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by XenaY

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite hair serum but boy, is it hard to find! I think Walmart is the only store I ever see it at. That's a shame because it's a wonderful product...much better than Frizz Ease in my opinion, and also cheaper. As with all serums, you have to work with it to determine how much you really need. Use too much and you're stuck with a greasy head for the day until you can wash it out. This and Suave Captivating Curls mousse are my hair holy grails.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by danceinthedark4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh my gosh, I used this product, and it was absolutely HORRIBLE. My amazing hair can go five days without being greasy, it's crazy! When I used this product after a shower a few days ago, it started off looking okay. I went to bed as usual and when I woke up, I had crazy curls, which is normal. The problem I had with this, is that it ways my hair down SOO much, and that it makes my hair GREASY. It's disgusting. Second day hair usually means my hair is still fabulous, no grease whatsoever, and my hair still smells like my shampoo. However, when I used this, my second day hair was disgustingly heavy, and absolutely greasy to the touch. It felt like my hair was covered in thick oil. Nasty!! I would NEVER EVER recommend this, partial to all the other reviews, this did not work at all. And I didn't put too much in. Ugh, I can't wait to wash my hair :S

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by cuonbroadway

I've really wanted to like this, but I just can't get this to work for my hair. I've either put way too much or not enough in my fine hair. It definitely adds shine though, but it really weighs down my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by lovetotest

Use sparingly. I simply spray in my hand and lightly touch my hair. It is greasy so if used too much, hair will look oily. The technique can make all the difference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think that they may have changed the formula, as it does not smell as citrusy anymore, which I really miss. The serum itself does get rid if frizz and leaves my hair very soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by AutumnAngelx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this product in the original packaging and original name, but the formulation is the same. This is a great smoothing remedy for frizzy damaged hair. It's a nice consistency that easily combs through hair, leaving it shiny. The only complaints I have is it can make your hair greasy if you use too much, and it leaves an icky residue on your hands. Overall, would I buy this again? Yes.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by yingyingz

I don't have really negative things to say about this product because it is economical and gives you a good shine. It does make my hair feel slightly healthier, and if used sparingly it does not make my hair feel greasy. However, I also find this product lacking compared to other products that I have found to be better. It doesn't make my hair feel softer and personally I don't like the smell. Also the texture of the serum is sticky and oily, and I find myself washing my hands after using it because I don't like the feel. Also after a day, I feel that I need to wash my hair when I have this product on. I would prefer a cream hair product that adds shine but also softness to my hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Xelestra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Two haiku for Citre Shine's Miracle Anti-Frizz Polisher.

After my shower,
A dime-sized amount works
For waist-length hair.

Any more than that...
My hair becomes a greaseball.
Use this sparingly.