TRESemme Vitamin C Deep Cleansing Shampoo

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Ammomium Chloride, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Peel Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Green 5

on 3/18/2015 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product works great! My hair is really bad to get build-up from hair products, and this shampoo eliminates that completely. My hair looks and feels so clean without getting dried out!

on 7/15/2014 1:50:00 PM

Love this! Does exactly what it claims to do - deep cleanses without stripping the hair or drying it out. I don't use this every day as I think that would probably be overkill, but once or twice a week alongside my regular hair care routine and this stuff works like magic to rid my hair of any product build up, leaving it soft and shiny. Since using this up I've repurchased another bigger bottle (I think it's a 700ml one) and my only gripe with that is that it's too heavy to pick up in the shower when your hands are wet!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love :) This gets my hair and scalp clean without overly stripping. It leaves my hair soft and bouncy. I use with the volume conditioner. Love the price and love that there is no Sodium LAURYL Sulfate. I know that Sodium LAURETH Sulfate is not too bad for your hair, despite the bad rep. Love the smell too!

on 3/30/2014 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Tresemme is the best for girls on a tight budget, as they often go on sale for $5 each, with 900ml of product, great value that last for a long while! I often reach for it if I feel I have put too much product in my hair again, and want that softness without greasy tresses back. It has the Tresemme scent that actually lingers even up to the next wash (every second day for me). Same with most deep cleaning shampoos, please take care to condition your locks afterwards.

on 12/3/2013 1:45:00 PM

This shampoo does exactly what it says it will! Deep cleans. I wouldn't recommend using it too often however because it dries out hair a little bit. For me, that's okay though, I had horrible build up in my hair that was weighing it down and made it look dull and limp. I tried this shampoo the other day and you can immediately feel your hair come CLEAN! I used a very moisturizing conditioner to counteract the drying effect. My hair feels so clean and light. Probably going to use every week or two. :)

on 8/20/2013 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a seriously bad shampoo. I'm looking for a good clarifier that's cheaper than my favorite, Lush's Big shampoo. This is so not it! I knew things weren't going well when it didn't feel as if the lather got all the way to my scalp. I washed three times and my hair still didn't feel clean...? As it dried, it seemed to have made my hair greasier somehow. Finally I did end up with greasy patches, which is the worst! My hair was straw like in some places and oily in others. In the middle of the night, I could not stop scratching my scalp. It was as if a layer of grease was clogging my hair follicles. At 3 am, I actually got up to wash my hair because I was so miserable. I scrubbed three times with Big and a Toni & Guy sample size I had sitting around. Whew, no more itch and clean hair!! Needless to say this stuff is going straight in the bin. I actually like other Tresemme products, like the 24 Hour Body shampoo and the Platinum conditioners, but I will leave this one well alone.

on 8/1/2013 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This shampoo is true to its word, it is extremely deep cleansing. I probably should've realized this at CVS before buying a huge bottle of this shampoo. I'm one of those people who's addicted to washing my hair everyday. I have long, pin straight, silky black hair. I used to use Herbal Essences shampoo before this and got compliments all the time for having such soft hair. This sounds weird, but I did notice a slight decline in the compliments people gave me after using this shampoo. It is certainly deep cleansing, but would be better suited to a person who didn't wash their hair everyday. It is quite strong and completely strips my hair. Also, I find, even with the matching conditioner, I do lose quite a bit of hair shampooing with this. It is my fault that I don't really enjoy this shampoo because it does say deep cleansing on the bottle, but it does strip your hair a lot, even just on the first wash.

on 6/5/2013 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have pretty big scalp issues and needless to say this did not work for me. Now i'm stuck with a big bottle of shampoo. Will not be repurchasing again

on 1/15/2013 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Had some of this lying around the shower (think it was my brother's) and tried it since the reviews were so good for cleansing. This is definitely a strong shampoo! Completely stripped my hair and some of my hair colour too. Not for me. Also made my scalp a bit itchy. Never again!

on 12/21/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this shampoo for a few months now. I switched over to this from Paul Mitchel's Shampoo One because I wanted to save a few bucks. I actually think they are comparable products and I really don't miss Shampoo One at all.

This is a great no-frills shampoo that cleanses well. I only wash my hair about twice a week and this removes all traces of product buildup. It doesn't feel necessary to wash more often than that. If anything, the shampoo almost cleanses *too* well since my hair feels a little stripped after I wash. Thus, a conditioner is a must.

Oh, and if you have paper cuts or super dry winterized bloody knuckles...watch out! The citrus in the shampoo is sting-y.

The packaging is a little bit clunky and awkward. While I'm thrilled that TRESemme wants to give me the most product for my dollar possible, the weight of the shampoo bottle has taken out a few shower caddys at this point. So, I decant a little bit of shampoo in a travel bottle every so often and that works much better than keeping the giant (and kinda ugly) bottle in the shower.

Popular Shampoos