Lancome Le Rouge Absolu - Chiffon Blush

4.8

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Lipstick smells so good..color is very nice and the price was a steal overall all coral colored l/s lovers should have this in their collection:)

on 4/19/2009 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I got this at Marshalls...It is a soft coral color lipstick...not too orangy..and thats the way I like it....Beautiful....the package is super cute....I just wanna keep opening and closing the cap...I know it would have been expensive at Lancome itself...but I got it for only 7.99...Coolest deal ever....

on 9/26/2006 7:39:00 PM

Usually, I always wear Lancome lipsticks because I am particular about color and wearablility and I do prefer Rouge Absolu. My all time favorite lipstick is/was Lancome Fauve. It was discontinued years ago but I buy up every tube I find on Ebay, etc. and have a big stash of Fauve.

I got Chiffon Blush because looked like a pretty vibrant lush coral pink in the tube. When I got it home and applied the color to my lips, it became a thin veil of pinkish colored oil - very little color. It is so gooey I cannot drink or eat with this stuff on my mouth and if you put your lips to drink from a glass or a cup; the lipstick makes a mess on the rim.

Will never buy this again.

Post Script: I eat my words. This has become one of my fav lipsticks with a good red or coral liner and perhaps a blot of red underneath. It is very creamy and feels right but it does wear off easily. I will buy again.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Gorgeous soft coral color lipstick! Absolutely stunning with a light iridescence - swirls of shimmery colors create a soft, beautiful sheen! Not overly glittery or sparkley at all. Just a soft, gentle sheen that illuminates the coral color on your lips. Beautiful! This is the absolute hands-down BEST summer lip color Lancome has ever created! I am not usually a fan of Lancome lipsticks, but Chiffon Blush is an exception. It is truly *Gorgeous*! I love it! ...... Perfection! :)

on 3/30/2006 11:26:00 AM

Love, love, love! I was looking for a "lippy" color that wasn't the same old pinky-brown color, which isn't very "lippy" to me - it really washes me out. I was also inspired by Hilary Swank's look in some crappy movie called "The Core" (didn't see the movie, just the previews) - she looked gorgeous, almost no makeup, tan with pinky-peach lips; and since I have similar coloring to her, I thought that if I could find that lip color, I would have found the one perfect lipcolor that brightens my face without needing any other makeup. I searched long and hard, through many brands, both low and high, and Chiffon Blush is IT! So here I sit, wearing just Lancome Golden Glow blush, mascara, and my Chiffon Blush - and I actually look alive!

on 5/11/2005 10:33:00 AM

As the others have said, this doesn't look like the shade in the ad at all.The ad makes it look very pink & it's not - it's a shimmery peach/pink in the tube & looks brighter than it actually is. I tried it with the Charme liner, your standard pinkish brown, and it looked wonderful! Soft & flattering, & what I would describe as a warmed-up neutral. The formula isn't supposed to be sheer but this seems to be. It has that ultra-creamy luxurious texture that you'd expect from a premium lipstick that costs this much.

on 3/24/2005 2:08:00 AM

This is a very pretty color on, although it doesn't look as pink as it does on Lizzy Jagger in the Lancome ads. I thought it would be the perfect shade of pink, so I sampled it and although it does have a touch of a coral glimmer to it, it was still so pretty I bought it anyway. I wear Nars Orgasm blush, and it compliments it PERFECTLY - almost like Nars made it to match. On the lancome website there's a "how to wear it" link that tells you to pair Le Rouge Absolu in Chiffon Blush with Le Lipstique liner in Charme, which is a great neutral color. I got them both, even though they are mad expensive ($24.50 for lipstick and $20 for liner) and I really think it was worth it. The lipstick has great moisturizer, stays on well, doesn't bleed, and has a great volumizing/lip plumper in it without the sting of DuWop's Lip Venom.

on 3/21/2005 11:11:00 PM

This is the color the Lancome model is wearing in their ad on the website presently, as well as the one on Sephora. There is a pair of pinkish lips next to a few pink rose petals. Well, I got this info from their customer service, and immediately bought this shade. My computer is pretty good with colors in general, but I was a little disappointed that this is a warmer pink with a hint of coral to it. Not as good for for my PPP complexion as a true pink! However, the packaging is great and I love the consistency of the L/S. It wears fairly long for a moisturizing L/S. Lancome needs more pinks in their L/S colors IMO!

on 2/14/2005 1:46:00 PM

This is the new formula for Rouge Absolu - and it's divine! Smooth and satiny feeling with a good bit of wearability. Chiffon Blush is a fruit punch shade in the tube, but a punched up pale pink on my lips. It has a slight shimmer without too much frost. Very pretty color!

Recommended for Medium Skin