November 29, 2014 | 809 users online

Eye Shadow - Shiseido - Hydro-Powder Eye Shadow - H4 Spring Plum

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I love the texture and crease-free wear of the Hydro Powder eyeshadows, but Spring Plum was not as good as I expect from the line. I found it a bit gritty (a BIT, not seriously gritty), and got too much shimmer and not enough colour payoff for my liking. I ended up swapping it to someone who was thrilled to receive it, so I think I'm in the minority in disliking this particular shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by smeegal9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Expensive for an eyeshadow cream. Nice texture and staying power. Love the duochrome effect with the plum and green sheen. This reminds me of a well blended Nars Habanera.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Rynoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This color is absolutely my fave one from Shiseido and probably my fave from anyone.
The pink color itself is just a tone darker than my skin and the iridescent green just looks great on my green eyes. So I use this especially with another purple eyeshadow, blending it under my eyebrows or on the external corner of the eyelids, and the result is perfect.
It stays on very very long too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2009 10:40:00 AM More reviews by eam123

I LOVE these eye shadows.....staying power is awesome. This color is so beautiful, and application is great. It just didn't really work for me. Made me look very tired, kind of a 'red' plum as opposed to a purple. love a lot of the other colors, and they do apply very sheerly, but can be built up for more color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by SnapesLove

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this color. I did not care for applying it with the little sponge applicator though...when applied that way it went on streaky and uneven and was difficult to blend. However, when applied with my fingertip I got exactly what I wanted with lovely, smooth, buildable color with great blendability. I have to be careful not to put TOO much because it can make one look a bit like a lost Las Vegas showgirl if applied too heavily for daytime, but with trying it a time or two to get what's right for you personally, it is a lovely color. Great for green eyes. Very wearable neutral for daytime if you're careful, and a stunning evening shade when applied more generously. I tend to find a favorite neutral shadow and stick with it until it is gone, and this is a very nice find for that purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 1:28:00 AM More reviews by kristabunni

Absolutely gorgeous, versatile colour. Even in the pot, the shimmer reflects a rainbow depending on your viewing angle. It's an elegant, understated type of eyeshadow, so if you're looking for incredibly dramatic or to attract a one-night stand, I probably wouldn't recommend this for you. It's definitely more of a thanksgiving dinner with the parents type of shadow.

I have slightly oily eyelids, and even without a base the shadow had great staying power. I tend to nap during the day (bad habit, yes I know, but tell that to a cat) and I generally do not need to reapply after I wake up before going out at night.

This with H2 are a dynamic duo - H4 concentrated on the crease and blending upwards, with H2 highlighting under the brow bone blending downwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2008 2:09:00 AM More reviews by leia143x

I received this e/s in a swap and from that moment on- I felt I never needed another Mac pp again...(of course I'm addicted to makeup, so that's not true). I love the fact that this e/s never creases and gives me that beautiful jewel eye look. I do look like a mermaid sometimes...it can be referred to as eye candy =) On me, spring plum looks best as a base with Woodwinked or Sable in the crease. Love, love, love this product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Ravey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i've LOVED this e/s for years, i'm not sure why it took me so long to review it. it's a beautiful color that looks absolutely perfect on. it never creases even without a base, doesn't feel heavy and doesn't smudge. i forget i'm wearing it- it just adds a nice extra touch to a look without overwhelming. it's the only eyeshadow in my collection that i take with me on trips/traveling because it's fitting for almost any occasion and wears so well. i'd love to try the other colors from this line as well because this one is just amazing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2008 10:16:00 AM More reviews by theminx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really wanted to love this, but I'm underwhelmed to be honest. My main gripe is that there isn't enough pigmentation in the product, so on my lids it looks like a frosty green tinged pink wash, and the frostiness overwhelms the actual colour of the product. Fortunately it lasts well over UDPP and doesn't crease on me, and also works as a base for other taupe, green or pink eyeshadows. I'm glad I didn't throw away the little sponge tip applicator, as it works better than fingers in getting a smooth precise application.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2008 3:56:00 AM More reviews by okayma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

H4 is a warm, deep pink with a touch of green shimmer. It reminds me of a mermaid for some reason. The colour on my warm toned skin is awesome. It is very pretty on its own or used as a base for bronzy colored shadows or any earth tone. This stuff has never creased on me and it stays on for pretty much the whole day...now that is saying a lot b/c I am a grease ball by midday and stuff wears off somewhat easily on me!
I totally recommend this product.