February 1, 2015 | 1672 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Mylar

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by katey1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

A great shade to highlight the brow bone or to add some light into the corner of the eye.

I also sometimes use this all over the lid and tightline my eyes for a clean 'no make-up' look. As always with any eyeshadow, I use UDPP under it as I have oily lids. I've deducted a lippy as it does create slightly when I use it this way even with primer.

No sparkle on my skin, but luminates beautifully - a must have for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Rebeccaa242

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Slightly chalky, not bad colour payoff. Great brow bone highlight for fair-medium skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I got this while searching for a pale, semi-matte shade for my browbone as I've started getting away from shimmery highlights. I'm trying to keep my browbone shades close to my skintone while still being an actual highlight. This certainly fits the bill! It highlights without being too shimmery or ashy. Blends well into my skin and helps to blend my crease shade as well. Love this shade!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Phyrne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The perfect highlighter shade for pale girls wanting to achieve a classical, polished but not overdone look. It`s sheer and transparent, not providing definite pink or golden hues like so many cheap highlighters. Just a fresh brightening gleam. Perfect in combination with nudes like naked lunch or era. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Disappointed by this colour..
MAC were out of my usual Brule so I took this thinking it would be a great alternative.
I was wrong. Does not work like Brule FOR ME.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by FallinginLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Mylar. Satin pale highlighter. No beige or anything warm in it. Pale white.
I really like this one. It can be very subtle for a day at work or more dramatic for a night out - it all depends on how much you put on. It's buildable. I actually put it sometimes on my lid (one third of a lid, two other thirds- copperplate) and it's a very nice greyish look. Got many compliments.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

On my NC20-25 skin Mylar makes for a very natural highlight... it's great for a "no makeup, makeup". It is very neutral meaning it doesn't lean pink or yellow, which many highlighters can do. It has a very subtle sheen to it, although this isn't readily seen once applied to the eye. Overal I really like Mylar, but I'm not sure that I will need to repurchase anytime soon, because 90% of the time I use Vanilla.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by StupidUserNames

When I first tried this shadow I was upset because the color payoff sucked so I didn't bother using it anymore. Then one day for my birthday I did a neutral eye shadow look. With a little bit of brown shading in the crease and mylar in the brow bone and all over the lid. When it was time for pictures I did not think anything would be wrong. Boy was I wrong the camera flashed picked up Mylar so good that it looked like I had two white circles on my eyes it was so embarrassing to have looked like that. Anyway will not repurchase again and two points for being well pigmented and captured on camera because in regular lighting it's no good!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by KatieFMakeup

I genuinely hate this eyeshadow, for me personally it was a waste of 9.50! after watching afew videos on youtube i thought this would be a lovely addition to my "neutrals" palette and i was really upset to find i was wrong! As i swatched the shadow there was nothing to be seen and when i tested it on my eyes, again nothing to be seen! Really disapointed :( x

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Aiglon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Mylar was recommended to me by a MAC makeup artist. But when I started reading the reviews here I was very hesitant to buy it because most people are pretty negative towards Mylar. But I am so glad that I bought it because this is my number one highlight! I have a very pale complexion so this colour is just a little bit lighter than my own skin tone. I use this to highlight my browbone and to blend my crease colour. I like that it's not shimmery and it gives me a very natural look. Absolutely love this eyeshadow, but maybe only for fair toned skin.