July 31, 2014 | 1608 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Mylar

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by babbyblueyes99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Having very fair skin with cool/neutral undertones, this eyeshadow is perfect. I use it exclusively on the browbone, and being a Satin, it creates a beautiful sheen to the skin. MAC describes it as a "creamy-white with shimmer", and although I think the colour description is perfect, you have to build it up quite a bit to see any shimmer. That being said, I never use an eyeshadow primer with my eyeshadows, as I don't have oily or transferring lids, so if you do, you might see more shimmer in the colour. For the browbone, though, I actually prefer a pretty sheen rather than a shimmer fest. This particular eyeshadow isn't chalky at all, and if you run your finger over it once on your lid, it feels like it's gliding over silk. Pigmentation is as amazing as a creamy colour can be, if you know what I mean, as obviously it won't be as stark as a matte white, such as MAC Gesso.
Honestly, although I adore this shadow, it might only be suitable for girls with fair skin, which it looks beautiful on. I would recommend, especially if you have fair skin, everyone to check this shadow out, as I feel it is rarely mentioned in the beauty industry and is definitely an unsung hero. I could go on about it all day. I'm not an expert in this, but I think this colour is neutral, so not only does it suit any makeup look, but your undertone will be irreverent, too, but that doesn't mean it won't make you look your absolute best, because it will. Seriously.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by katey1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

A great shade to highlight the brow bone or to add some light into the corner of the eye.

I also sometimes use this all over the lid and tightline my eyes for a clean 'no make-up' look. As always with any eyeshadow, I use UDPP under it as I have oily lids. I've deducted a lippy as it does create slightly when I use it this way even with primer.

No sparkle on my skin, but luminates beautifully - a must have for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Rebeccaa242

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Slightly chalky, not bad colour payoff. Great brow bone highlight for fair-medium skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I got this while searching for a pale, semi-matte shade for my browbone as I've started getting away from shimmery highlights. I'm trying to keep my browbone shades close to my skintone while still being an actual highlight. This certainly fits the bill! It highlights without being too shimmery or ashy. Blends well into my skin and helps to blend my crease shade as well. Love this shade!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Phyrne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The perfect highlighter shade for pale girls wanting to achieve a classical, polished but not overdone look. It`s sheer and transparent, not providing definite pink or golden hues like so many cheap highlighters. Just a fresh brightening gleam. Perfect in combination with nudes like naked lunch or era. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Disappointed by this colour..
MAC were out of my usual Brule so I took this thinking it would be a great alternative.
I was wrong. Does not work like Brule FOR ME.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by FallinginLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Mylar. Satin pale highlighter. No beige or anything warm in it. Pale white.
I really like this one. It can be very subtle for a day at work or more dramatic for a night out - it all depends on how much you put on. It's buildable. I actually put it sometimes on my lid (one third of a lid, two other thirds- copperplate) and it's a very nice greyish look. Got many compliments.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

On my NC20-25 skin Mylar makes for a very natural highlight... it's great for a "no makeup, makeup". It is very neutral meaning it doesn't lean pink or yellow, which many highlighters can do. It has a very subtle sheen to it, although this isn't readily seen once applied to the eye. Overal I really like Mylar, but I'm not sure that I will need to repurchase anytime soon, because 90% of the time I use Vanilla.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by StupidUserNames

When I first tried this shadow I was upset because the color payoff sucked so I didn't bother using it anymore. Then one day for my birthday I did a neutral eye shadow look. With a little bit of brown shading in the crease and mylar in the brow bone and all over the lid. When it was time for pictures I did not think anything would be wrong. Boy was I wrong the camera flashed picked up Mylar so good that it looked like I had two white circles on my eyes it was so embarrassing to have looked like that. Anyway will not repurchase again and two points for being well pigmented and captured on camera because in regular lighting it's no good!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by KatieFMakeup

I genuinely hate this eyeshadow, for me personally it was a waste of 9.50! after watching afew videos on youtube i thought this would be a lovely addition to my "neutrals" palette and i was really upset to find i was wrong! As i swatched the shadow there was nothing to be seen and when i tested it on my eyes, again nothing to be seen! Really disapointed :( x