La Prairie Light Fantastic Cellular Concealing Brightening Eye Treatment

4.3

Water Cyclopentasiloxane Isononyl Isononanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Ethylhexyl Palmitate Glycerin Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate Butylene Glycol PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone Talc C18-36 Acid Trigluceride Sodium Chloride Glycoproteins Panax Ginseng Root Extract Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract Arnica Montana Flower Extract Carica Papaya Leaf Extract Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chesnut) Seed Extract Glycosaminoglycans Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract Lauryl Mathacrylateb / Glycol DimethacrylateCrosspolymer

on 8/29/2015 7:59:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

Lovely and soft under the eyes and doesn't accentuate the fine lines. It doesn't completely hide the dark circles. I have come to accept there is no such product.

on 8/1/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It is so far my HG best-overall concealer! Been using it for about 1,5 years on a daily basis (or twice a day when go out after work as I prefer to redo my makeup then) - have used up a full package which carries 2 pens and now still on the 1st pen of my second package (that is for 1 color as I use two colors). So, a 2,5 ml pen goes for solid 6 months for me, and as the package contains 2 of them it's very good value for the price AND the amazingness of the product. I have to have it in 2 colours - the fair pink #1 to cancel the blue of my extreme under eye circles and the light beige #2 to even the color under the eyes with the rest of my face + for an occasional spot or blemish. This technique is the only one that gives me quite full coverage for the severe circles under my eyes using only 2 thin (!) layers of a product, no building (aka caking :/) up on the sensitive skin there. The coverage is excellent - altho it is a fluid in a pen! The pen releases the perfect amount for both my eyes with a single click. I actually cut the bristles completely off to make it even more convenient (the bristles would get messy in time, and I never apply directly with the brush anyway) and even more hygienic - i then click the concealer on my thumb nail and use it as a mini palette :) It stays on without creasing under the eyes for long hours, like 10-12, less on the face. Of course, if the skin is dehydrated for some reason, the concealer might start looking dryish in which case I remoisturise and reapply. But it never comes off by itself. It is not water resistant, so a simple cotton pad soaked with water is enough to take it off (great for quick make up redos), however it also means that over-spraying with mineral water might make it come off/streak a little. Doesn't cause break outs when used on the face for blemishes. For the blemishes, the coverage and staying power is nice, it doesn't usually make dry flakes on the tender post-pimple skin, altho it might after several hours wear if the skin is very dehydrated after anti-pimple treatment (as I can't yet find a good "patch" creme for the after cosmetic procedures skin). Oh, and I only use powder foundation, so my concealer needs to be as natural skin-like looking as possible without a liquid/creme foundation on top or under, - this LP one is definitely The one. I write all this having tried the following: Ellis Faas (mixed feelings, reviewed it here on MUA), Lancome both pen (too sheer) and tube (drying), Helena Rubinstein tube (very drying), Dior Nude (good overall- my former staple before I settled on the LP; needed much layering- not good for skin which looked tired after long wear hours), of course the YSL touche eclat, Shiseido wand tube (guess now discontinued), Sisley (too obvious on nude skin without foundation, short wear time until creased and dried), Givenchy Mr.Light (too light :) for my dark circles), T.leClerk (was good, stopped selling it where I live; a tube with a wand isn't a hygienic packaging), some other brands.

on 3/6/2014 7:06:00 PM

I have been using this product for a couple of years now. It is very similar to YSL touché éclat, but better and surprisingly cheaper because you get a refill. This product is not a heavy duty concealer, but instead brightens the eye area. My current under eye routine consists of applying Trish McEvoy instant eye lift, then pat on the La Prairie. Finally, I apply Cle de Peau concealer on the dark area of my tear troughs. The three products together really work well for me.

on 10/14/2012 5:26:00 PM

Contains perfume..I find the brand typical La Prairie scent distgusting and Why does a concealer for the under-eye area need to be perfumed at all? Cant recommend.

on 4/16/2012 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I hate to be the one critical voice in a sea of praises, but here goes: I don't really like this one that much. I have tried pretty much every pen-style concealer/highlighter under the sun, and the best one still remains Guerlain Precious Light. But that doesn't prevent me from continuing the search, so a couple of months back, I bought the concealer pen from La Prairie in the lightest colour, 10 or 01 (can't remember what it's called). Pricewise, it may seem very expensive, but considering you get a refill in the package, it works out the same as the rest of the bunch (YSL, Dior, Chanel, Kanebo...) So why don't I like it? Well, first of all, I don't find the coverage that good (and I have moderately dark circles, and don't need an industrial strength concealer), and second, it tends to disappear very quickly on my (dryish) skin, no matter what eye cream or primer I'm wearing underneath. I also don't care for the packaging, which I find far too bulky.

This really is a miracle product, if you find the right color.

on 6/12/2011 10:40:00 PM

Wow, I am so surprised about some of the negative reviews this product got.

I'll admit - for the EYES, it's actually NOT THAT amazing. HOWEVER - I use it almost as a "foundation" - I cover my entire face with this, and it looks so natural but still gives me coverage. Great thing too is that it does not break me out.

I have tried the YSL Touche Eclat - I've absolutely hated it. I find THIS LP Concealer muuuuuch better. It's more moisturizing I find.

This product IS expensive, but for me, it gives me the coverage I want, so I don't mind splurging on it. It NEVER looks cakey, and the colour is just right for me (#20 - I'm very fair skin... I would imagine you would have to be as white as paper to be able to use the #10)

As far as cosmetics goes - this is my "can't live without". Actually - it's the only make up I use other than blush!

Keep in mind - the coverage is light. It's not thick. But I have found that when I look like crap, this stick will hide everything (I have to use more of it though... and unfortunately, I have actually bought four or five of these already. I use them fast.. but that's because they aren't meant for the entire face!)

on 12/4/2010 9:15:00 PM

I thought it would be better to get a concealer which is also a kind of treatment since I use it on daily basis..but this stuff settles straight into lines and you look like 10 years older...seriously save your money lancome effacernes is far more better

on 11/19/2010 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

EDIT: still loathe this. Gave it away. looking for something better and about 60 bucks cheaper? try neutrogena's brightening eye perfector. superior to this in every way.

Ugh...I'm with the reviewer who called this the LaPrairie crap stick; AND I'M REALLY SAD ABOUT IT!. I BARELY have circles. However, I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my complexion so I thought, "hey liz! treat yourself! after all MUA reviewers give this a solid thumbs up!" Am I missing something??? This did NOTHING to cover the barely there circles that I DO have. This did NOTHING to cover ANYTHING be it a blemish, a freckle, or isolated redness. What DID it do? one might ask; well, it settled straight into my lines, it made it impossible to pull off a "concealer-only day"--every time I used this product I felt the need to use full face foundation. every day???? probably not. The need for full face foundation stems from the fact that the finish is NOT natural. AT ALL. I found the "powdery finish" cooed about by other reviewers to be completely unflattering and one-dimensional. Yes it felt nice to the touch-- like velvet in fact. but to the eye. yikes. Too few color choices. I would have liked something in between 01 and 02...and I went with 02. oh, and the brightening effect is gone within a half hour. PLEASE save your money. This is my second purchase from LaPrairie, and my second return to LaPrairie. I really don't understand the hype...boo. but on the plus side, I have 70 bucks in my pocket to get a CORRECTOR and brightening concealer, brush and powder from the BB counter. It looks infinitely better than this watery crap. Aged me about 10 years.

on 11/3/2010 9:29:00 PM

This is the second concealer that I've tried and I've been impressed enough to faithfully buy this for the past 5 years. It's coverage is light to moderate that you can build up without looking cakey or unnatural.

I use this on my under eye circles, on the small red capillaries around my nose and the occasional pimple. It does a fantastic job covering the redness of the capillaries but an ok job of hiding my circles. My circles are blue enough that a corrector is needed as well.
Since this was the second concealer I tried, I keep wondering if there is a better concealer but am never satisfied when trying another brand at the counter. I usually bring my LP concealer with me when trying other concealers - I'll apply the other brand to one eye and the LP concealer to the other. The LP concealer looks more natural and has better coverage.
-YSL touche eclat was drying and showed every wrinkle
-BB concealer was too cakey and settled into fine lines
-Napoleon Perdis was also cakey and settled into fine lines
-There are a few others I've sampled but can't remember. All I know is that I wasn't impressed enough to buy their product
For the cons:
-Even though #20 is a great match for me, I realize that only having 3 colors may be a problem for others
-Given that the pen lasts so long, the only issue I have is that you're using a non-cleanable brush. I have to wonder about how sanitary this might be. I guess all click pen concealers have this issue. That said, I've never broken out from this.

I think the price is reasonable for the quantity given - $35/pen. YSL is $40/pen.