September 18, 2014 | 2008 users online

Concealers - La Prairie - Light Fantastic Cellular Concealing Brightening Eye Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Dbeech

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for a couple of years now. It is very similar to YSL touché éclat, but better and surprisingly cheaper because you get a refill. This product is not a heavy duty concealer, but instead brightens the eye area. My current under eye routine consists of applying Trish McEvoy instant eye lift, then pat on the La Prairie. Finally, I apply Cle de Peau concealer on the dark area of my tear troughs. The three products together really work well for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by shaktigal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Contains perfume..I find the brand typical La Prairie scent distgusting and Why does a concealer for the under-eye area need to be perfumed at all? Cant recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate to be the one critical voice in a sea of praises, but here goes: I don't really like this one that much. I have tried pretty much every pen-style concealer/highlighter under the sun, and the best one still remains Guerlain Precious Light. But that doesn't prevent me from continuing the search, so a couple of months back, I bought the concealer pen from La Prairie in the lightest colour, 10 or 01 (can't remember what it's called). Pricewise, it may seem very expensive, but considering you get a refill in the package, it works out the same as the rest of the bunch (YSL, Dior, Chanel, Kanebo...) So why don't I like it? Well, first of all, I don't find the coverage that good (and I have moderately dark circles, and don't need an industrial strength concealer), and second, it tends to disappear very quickly on my (dryish) skin, no matter what eye cream or primer I'm wearing underneath. I also don't care for the packaging, which I find far too bulky.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by SofonisbaAnguissola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This really is a miracle product, if you find the right color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by qwe123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, I am so surprised about some of the negative reviews this product got.

I'll admit - for the EYES, it's actually NOT THAT amazing. HOWEVER - I use it almost as a "foundation" - I cover my entire face with this, and it looks so natural but still gives me coverage. Great thing too is that it does not break me out.

I have tried the YSL Touche Eclat - I've absolutely hated it. I find THIS LP Concealer muuuuuch better. It's more moisturizing I find.

This product IS expensive, but for me, it gives me the coverage I want, so I don't mind splurging on it. It NEVER looks cakey, and the colour is just right for me (#20 - I'm very fair skin... I would imagine you would have to be as white as paper to be able to use the #10)

As far as cosmetics goes - this is my "can't live without". Actually - it's the only make up I use other than blush!

Keep in mind - the coverage is light. It's not thick. But I have found that when I look like crap, this stick will hide everything (I have to use more of it though... and unfortunately, I have actually bought four or five of these already. I use them fast.. but that's because they aren't meant for the entire face!)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by KeLeB3K

I thought it would be better to get a concealer which is also a kind of treatment since I use it on daily basis..but this stuff settles straight into lines and you look like 10 years older...seriously save your money lancome effacernes is far more better

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Sirius

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

EDIT: still loathe this. Gave it away. looking for something better and about 60 bucks cheaper? try neutrogena's brightening eye perfector. superior to this in every way.

Ugh...I'm with the reviewer who called this the LaPrairie crap stick; AND I'M REALLY SAD ABOUT IT!. I BARELY have circles. However, I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my complexion so I thought, "hey liz! treat yourself! after all MUA reviewers give this a solid thumbs up!" Am I missing something??? This did NOTHING to cover the barely there circles that I DO have. This did NOTHING to cover ANYTHING be it a blemish, a freckle, or isolated redness. What DID it do? one might ask; well, it settled straight into my lines, it made it impossible to pull off a "concealer-only day"--every time I used this product I felt the need to use full face foundation. every day???? probably not. The need for full face foundation stems from the fact that the finish is NOT natural. AT ALL. I found the "powdery finish" cooed about by other reviewers to be completely unflattering and one-dimensional. Yes it felt nice to the touch-- like velvet in fact. but to the eye. yikes. Too few color choices. I would have liked something in between 01 and 02...and I went with 02. oh, and the brightening effect is gone within a half hour. PLEASE save your money. This is my second purchase from LaPrairie, and my second return to LaPrairie. I really don't understand the hype...boo. but on the plus side, I have 70 bucks in my pocket to get a CORRECTOR and brightening concealer, brush and powder from the BB counter. It looks infinitely better than this watery crap. Aged me about 10 years.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by changja2

This is the second concealer that I've tried and I've been impressed enough to faithfully buy this for the past 5 years. It's coverage is light to moderate that you can build up without looking cakey or unnatural.

I use this on my under eye circles, on the small red capillaries around my nose and the occasional pimple. It does a fantastic job covering the redness of the capillaries but an ok job of hiding my circles. My circles are blue enough that a corrector is needed as well.
Since this was the second concealer I tried, I keep wondering if there is a better concealer but am never satisfied when trying another brand at the counter. I usually bring my LP concealer with me when trying other concealers - I'll apply the other brand to one eye and the LP concealer to the other. The LP concealer looks more natural and has better coverage.
-YSL touche eclat was drying and showed every wrinkle
-BB concealer was too cakey and settled into fine lines
-Napoleon Perdis was also cakey and settled into fine lines
-There are a few others I've sampled but can't remember. All I know is that I wasn't impressed enough to buy their product
For the cons:
-Even though #20 is a great match for me, I realize that only having 3 colors may be a problem for others
-Given that the pen lasts so long, the only issue I have is that you're using a non-cleanable brush. I have to wonder about how sanitary this might be. I guess all click pen concealers have this issue. That said, I've never broken out from this.

I think the price is reasonable for the quantity given - $35/pen. YSL is $40/pen.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by gracejones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I dont know why this gets such high ratings. I am a concealer expert, many days I wear it with no foundation for a natural look but cannot do it with this la prairie cr*p stick.

Anyway I bought this as I moved to Canada and went to buy Lancome's flash retouche and was told they did not stock the one I have in Canada, they only have one with strange sparkles, shame as the Lancome product is excellent and better than YSL or LP by far. So I was suggested La Prairie's concealer. I am so disappointed not only is this extremely expensive, even though you get two of them, it sucks. If it was very expensive but highly effective it might be worth it, but its not. It does not cover undereye circles, nor spots nor blemishes so basically it is useless. Waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by kaycees

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For me, well worth the price. Goes on smoothly, never cakes or flakes, stays put, is non-irritating. Covers like a second perfect skin that is imperceptible except through an electron microscope. Lasts about six months - costing approximately 34 cents a day. It really is fantastic and the best I've ever found.

Still my favorite concealer ever - six years so far.