December 19, 2014 | 1231 users online

Treatments (Face) - AcneFree - Acne and Blackhead Terminator

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by astr323

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not really sure what caused me to start using this - I know about 6 months ago I wasn't using any spot treatments at all beyond a clay mask strategically dabbed on at night and tea tree oil whenever I had it available. I think I was just dissatisfied with the fact that my products were SO natural and I didn't really have anything that would deliver harsh, quick results in my routine, which is certainly not a bad thing, but there are days when you really just need to get over a few zits because you have events to go to or special people to see and you don't wanna have a splotchy mucked up face.

this cream is not magic, it will not make acne disappear overnight. also it's incredibly drying (dry skin = skin more prone to scabbing if you pick at it) and will bleach fabric, so you do need to exercise some caution when using it, tho if you've looked at the tube and are considering purchasing it your skin is probably rough enough that you're familiar with the impact benzoyl peroxide (especially in such a concentrated amount) can have on your face and clothing. that all having been said, this product does do a really great job of calming down spots within a short period of time, and when used under a bandaid can even help to reduce the lifespan of cystic acne because it is just SO drying.

i recommend using this every day until your spot gets super dry, then alternating application every other night thereafter with a moisturizer. don't overdo it unless being flaky outweighs being red and inflamed - I know sometimes it does, and this stuff still does a great job of calming down mountains with continued use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirlLover1234

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've bought this product twice already. I love it so much! I put it on any redness or blemishes, & it's either gone or close to gone the next day! I put it on after washing my face & moisturizer twice a day. It works good under makeup as long as its rubbed in. The only problem with it is it's packaging. The top makes you feel like you're going to break a nail trying to open it. That doesn't bother me by how good the product is!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by FayeLawliet21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff really gets rid of my zits almost the day after, I love it. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by skuper

This product saved me all through highschool. It works amazing as a spot treatment and although its very drying it works well with cetaphils moisturizing cream. After using it for 4 years it stopped working which is the downside .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have a couple small clusters of whiteheads that I've been trying to get rid of for the past few months. I tried 3 different salicylic acid treatments, that got rid of some of them. But some of them were closed comidones. I found a site online that said for regular whiteheads use salicylic acid, but for comidones, use benzoil peroxide. I used the salicylic acid every day for about 6 weeks on the comidones with no effect whatsover. But I was very nervous about trying the benzoil peroxide because I have extremely allergy prone skin. I was also concerned about peeling and irritation. But the salicylic acid wasn't really working, so I decided to try the benzoil peroxide. I bought this on a whim at Walmart. I don't remember how much I paid for it, but I think it was between $4 and $6.

I did try a 2.5% benzoil peroxide treatment from Neutrogenia that I had first. But again, even though I gave it a good amount of time, it didn't really take care of the comidones. But I also found that it didn't irritate my skin or cause an allergic reaction, so that was a positive.

I have to admit, I was more than a little worried about trying the 10% benzoil peroxide treatment. But nothing else I'd tried had really worked. Amazingly, it didn't irritate my skin at all.

I started using it every night before bed. I'd usually apply it two times before going to bed. Once a couple hours before bed, and then right before bed. It has made a HUGE difference. The size and number of the comidones have decreased dramatically. Every day they get smaller and smaller. After a couple more days, they will be gone completely. I haven't had any trouble with skin discoloration or itching or anything like that.

I do, however, have one major complaint about this product. The packaging is terrible. The tube itself isn't bad, but the cap is really hard to open and close. You really have to pull to get the cap open. I've found it's easier to just unscrew the cap and squeeze it out that way. This product works great, so it wouldn't keep me from repurchasing it, but the cover design really could use some work. Other than that, this is a great product, and I will keep it on hand. Just in case I get more whiteheads. Great product.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by darknights

If you are prone to white heads dont use this. Since benzoyl peroxide kills germs by introducing oxygen into your skin, it will make those tiny whiteheads freaking huge. Seriously if you get whiteheads use salicylic acid instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is my go to for spot treating acne it really works and dries those bad boys fast! just make sure to not apply too often of course because being a hearty dose of benzoyl peroxide it obviously tends to dry out your skin. If you have sensitive skin maybe this isn't something you should try but if you don't have uber sensitive skin and have a hot date the next day and want that hideous thing to be deflated by morning this baby is gonna help you out! just a dab of concealer and you'll be good to go! and p.s just a heads up: make sure to wear a good sunscreen because this makes your skin more sensitive to sunlight to. but hey there is always a catch but believe me if you are willing to try it this thing works

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by hellokatie1618

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm on my 5th tube of this stuff. I apply a dime size amount all over my face and it keeps me clear. The Clean and Clear version of this made my skin feel really rough, but AcneFree's did not. Make sure to always moisturize after this treatment and you should encounter no problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product since 2010. I LOVE it. Freshman year I have so much acne it was embarrassing. I hid myself behind my hair -no lie- it was and ugly year for me. But that summer after going to the dermatologist and finding no help. I went to Walgreens to pick up medicine and I walked by the skin aisle and saw this a just threw it in the basket. After that summer I was a whole new girl. Nobody recognized me at school. It was incredible.
That product saved my skin and salvaged my confidence.
However the product haven't made my skin completely blemish free but It has manage to keep my acne breakouts to a mild to light case.
This product is AMAZING!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Strong stuff! 10% benzoyl can be very dangerous for your skin- especially if it is extremely sensitive. I would use this with caution. Suggested for just a spot treatment, do NOT use all over your face. Can cause severe dryness, redness, and irritation.