November 28, 2014 | 1593 users online

Masks - Peter Thomas Roth - Therapeutic Sulfur Masque

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by amandarud08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

FIrst of all Im 28 and I am one of those girls who gets cyst acne. They're about a size of a penny and usually are on my side of my nose. But now I have 6 on my forehead. This product youre suppose to leave on for 10 mins then wash it off. I use this as a spot treatment and leave it on over night.

This is my 3rd day using it and they have either gone done or arent even visible anymore.

This product seems like it will last a long time. So worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by PrincessJelainey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it! I am so sensitive and acne prone, and I have tried EVERYTHING. This is one of the only things that aren't overly irritating but W O R K S! I put this on my cystic acne for 30 minutes and wash off and follow with my normal moisturizer and when I wake up my acne is not swollen, sore or red. For me that's amazing! After using it for a few days my acne is almost gone. Awesome product, I will continue buying it as long as they make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by cmalinow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just popped over to my local Sephora for a few things and picked up a sample of this product while I was there. Let me just tell you that I have combination-oily skin that is extremely acne-prone, hence why I did not purchase the product right away (mostly because I was unsure of whether or not this was going to break me out - or, as Sephora employees nicely put it, "purge" my skin). Anyways, I tried this on my chin and nose where I had a few bumps under the skin that had not gone away for the last 2 months and I was slightly desperate to get them out of there. I left the mask on for 10 min, washing it away and using my Clarisonic after to really get the gunk out of my pores. I popped on my usual skincare essentials and went to bed, waking up this morning and WOW - my skin is so smooth and all of the little bumps are GONE. Sulfur has always worked well with my skin (I used to use Proactiv before it stopped working on my skin) and seriously, this product is nothing short of a miracle worker. It is kind of pricey for a mask and the packaging is slightly unhygenic (I hate sticking my fingers in a tub for a product), but I am seriously running back to my Sephora today to pick up the full-size product of this. I highly recommend it for anyone who is suffering from acne (whether it be mild or cystic).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Kaylabianca

This is my all time favorite mask, if I go on a trip with weather changes or if it's the time around my period, I will use this mask every night on my chin and nose for 20 minutes to prevent anything from popping up. I LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had tried the Proactiv sulfur face mask and loved the results it gave me. That has 6% sulfur so I thought what could 10% sulfur do for my skin! At first I was afraid that this mask would really dry out my skin because the Proactiv mask does. The first time I used this I only left it on for 10 minutes, washed it off, and then dabbed the mask on a couple spots. This mask is amazing for my skin. It really helps tighten my pores and refine my skin. It also shrinks or completely eliminates any pimples that pop up. The second time I used this I left it on for 20 minutes. I was shocked that this doesn't dry out my skin like the 6% Proactiv Sulfur mask does. I bought this off of ebay for 35 dollars including shipping which is cheaper than at sephora. It is a TON of money but it will last forever because you don't need a lot of product. I would definitely recommend this. I still use the Proactiv mask and like it. They are both really effective masks.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by asianiis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this by accident. I meant to get the PTR sulfur cooling masque. But Iíve been using it since I couldnít return it and I must say that I do like it. I use it once or twice a week and believe it or not, it has reduced a pimple for me overnight. It makes my skin feel soft after I wash it off and appears to be smoother, but Iíve also noticed that when I wake up to wash my face the next morning, my face is extremely dry and I have to use a heavier moisturizer on it. Other than that, I like it and will continue to use it. I canít say that I would repurchase it because I havenít seen a dramatic difference in my skin, but Iíll keep using it and report back.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2009 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

This mask is quite effective overall. It did calms down my flare-up zits and it isn't drying, although it's kinda strong. My skin feels like it's deeply purified, yet it doesn't dries out my skin. It literally sucks all the dirt out, and my skin felt really clean. A must-try, despite the heavy price tag :/

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2008 6:54:00 PM More reviews by siennachiu

I like this product, at least it doesn't like the other sulfur mask which is so smelly; it doesnt like proactive either which stinged my skin so much.
although i selected "buy again", i hope i dont need to buy it again:P

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mask is okay, nothing special but decent. I like that it doesn't dry out your skin but doesn't get rid of the zit fast enough for me. I've been using it for a few weeks now and it seems to dry out zits at a snail's pace. I've come to the conclusion that sulfur just doesn't do anything for my skin to the point where this 10% sulfur mask didn't do that much. I will probably use this on days when I am just at home relaxing to feel pampered and use it up but other than that, that's it. I'll go back to my Benzoyl Peroxide, even though it's drying but at least it works.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2008 3:03:00 PM More reviews by SweetDreamsBeautifulNight

This is not the first time that I purchased this mask, it has to be the third. Initially, it was okay. I noticed that it helped to diminish the appearance of pimples and breakouts, however I believe it may have clogged my pores. For instance, if I applied the mask to a pimple, a few days later, the skin surrounding it would breakout with a tiny bump or two. Now, Im thinking that it has something in it that does not agree with my skin. However, i don't want to give up on it because i have not come across anything that works as effectively. Maybe i was using it to often. I remember applying this mask to my face every other day, or every three days. I believe that with certain treatments, such as masks and peels, you should only use it once a week. Im not sure. I don't want to return it to Sephora because I don't know what else to try, but Im slowly giving up on it. This is not my HG; Im still looking for a decent mask. However I'll keep it around until I find one.