Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Masque

4.2

Precipitated Sulfur U.S.P. 10%, water, bentonite, kaolin, propylene glycol, talc, glycerin, aloe barbadensis leaf, zinc oxide, polysorbate-20, titanium dioxide, carbomer, fragrance, sodium hydroxide, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben.

on 2/19/2015 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have used two jars of this already. LOVE it as a mask. Put a thin layer on a couple of times a week and it really clears up anything trying to surface. As a spot treatment left on overnight however, it does nothing for me. Actually burns the skin around a pimple when left on as a spot treatment. But using it as a mask, leaving on for about 20 minutes, works really well.

on 2/11/2015 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

PROS:
New formula doesn't have eucalyptus
Large container
Controls oil

CONS:
Did nothing for my acne, even as an overnight spot treatment
Have to use cotton swabs to take from jar (or fingers which I don't recommend)
Pricey
Smell isn't great

My esthetician swears by this, so I bought two containers of this product; the first one had eucalyptus, which I found irritating to my skin, the second did not, and it wasn't irritating. I used it once or twice per week along with spot treatments overnight. It didn't do anything for my skin at all, so at $50 per container, I won't purchase again.

on 1/27/2015 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This mask went on smoothly. When washed off I noticed my skin was brightened. The only thing is the horrible SMELL! And the strong smell lingers ....

on 11/9/2014 12:28:00 PM

FIrst of all Im 28 and I am one of those girls who gets cyst acne. They're about a size of a penny and usually are on my side of my nose. But now I have 6 on my forehead. This product youre suppose to leave on for 10 mins then wash it off. I use this as a spot treatment and leave it on over night.

This is my 3rd day using it and they have either gone done or arent even visible anymore.

This product seems like it will last a long time. So worth it!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love it! I am so sensitive and acne prone, and I have tried EVERYTHING. This is one of the only things that aren't overly irritating but W O R K S! I put this on my cystic acne for 30 minutes and wash off and follow with my normal moisturizer and when I wake up my acne is not swollen, sore or red. For me that's amazing! After using it for a few days my acne is almost gone. Awesome product, I will continue buying it as long as they make it.

on 6/7/2013 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just popped over to my local Sephora for a few things and picked up a sample of this product while I was there. Let me just tell you that I have combination-oily skin that is extremely acne-prone, hence why I did not purchase the product right away (mostly because I was unsure of whether or not this was going to break me out - or, as Sephora employees nicely put it, "purge" my skin). Anyways, I tried this on my chin and nose where I had a few bumps under the skin that had not gone away for the last 2 months and I was slightly desperate to get them out of there. I left the mask on for 10 min, washing it away and using my Clarisonic after to really get the gunk out of my pores. I popped on my usual skincare essentials and went to bed, waking up this morning and WOW - my skin is so smooth and all of the little bumps are GONE. Sulfur has always worked well with my skin (I used to use Proactiv before it stopped working on my skin) and seriously, this product is nothing short of a miracle worker. It is kind of pricey for a mask and the packaging is slightly unhygenic (I hate sticking my fingers in a tub for a product), but I am seriously running back to my Sephora today to pick up the full-size product of this. I highly recommend it for anyone who is suffering from acne (whether it be mild or cystic).

on 7/16/2011 1:12:00 PM

This is my all time favorite mask, if I go on a trip with weather changes or if it's the time around my period, I will use this mask every night on my chin and nose for 20 minutes to prevent anything from popping up. I LOVE IT!

on 3/5/2010 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I had tried the Proactiv sulfur face mask and loved the results it gave me. That has 6% sulfur so I thought what could 10% sulfur do for my skin! At first I was afraid that this mask would really dry out my skin because the Proactiv mask does. The first time I used this I only left it on for 10 minutes, washed it off, and then dabbed the mask on a couple spots. This mask is amazing for my skin. It really helps tighten my pores and refine my skin. It also shrinks or completely eliminates any pimples that pop up. The second time I used this I left it on for 20 minutes. I was shocked that this doesn't dry out my skin like the 6% Proactiv Sulfur mask does. I bought this off of ebay for 35 dollars including shipping which is cheaper than at sephora. It is a TON of money but it will last forever because you don't need a lot of product. I would definitely recommend this. I still use the Proactiv mask and like it. They are both really effective masks.

on 2/19/2010 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I got this by accident. I meant to get the PTR sulfur cooling masque. But Iíve been using it since I couldnít return it and I must say that I do like it. I use it once or twice a week and believe it or not, it has reduced a pimple for me overnight. It makes my skin feel soft after I wash it off and appears to be smoother, but Iíve also noticed that when I wake up to wash my face the next morning, my face is extremely dry and I have to use a heavier moisturizer on it. Other than that, I like it and will continue to use it. I canít say that I would repurchase it because I havenít seen a dramatic difference in my skin, but Iíll keep using it and report back.

on 3/8/2009 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This mask is quite effective overall. It did calms down my flare-up zits and it isn't drying, although it's kinda strong. My skin feels like it's deeply purified, yet it doesn't dries out my skin. It literally sucks all the dirt out, and my skin felt really clean. A must-try, despite the heavy price tag :/