August 29, 2014 | 931 users online

Eye Primer - Clinique - Touch Base For Eyes

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product for its brightening qualities and staying power. It works well as a base, but I cannot use it without primer. It adds a nice, creamy shimmer that can be worn on its own but it also sits nicely underneath an eyeshadow and does not overpower it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by DivaDeLosMuertos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this from the Clinique counter at Macy's months and months ago in Canvas. First of all, it's not a cream, it's more of a hard wax almost..I use my fingers to apply it and it goes on fine. I think the longer you have it, the harder it becomes after a while, but it's still very much usable. As a base it's not that impressive, but put in the inner corner of my eye it really brightens up my face. I wear it everyday, love it

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by bunEbaybee

I've been using this for a few years. I know the cult favorite is UD Primer Potion but I've always been a loyal fan to this product. I don't get how it has so many negative reviews but some products don't work for everyone. This is creamy in texture and my shadow never creases throughout the day if you apply it right. My eyelids are extremely oil and it's very annoying. This dries it right up. Without this I'm lost haha. Everyone has their favorites. This is definitely mine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by LovesTheWay2Go

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a terrible product! I bought this to prevent my eyeshadow from creasing and this did not help at all. It creased within about 2 hours. It also comes with very little product for a high price. I recommend Too Faced shadow insurance (which lasts all day on my oily skin without creasing) or Urban Decay primer potion.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by pour

This product will dry out. So be careful. I love the colors, as a base or alone. It is hard to blend with a brush(evenwith a dense eye/lip brush) so use your clean finger. I put it in my pocket let it warm up. This helps out a lot when it is on it's last leg.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Ami801

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ive been a faithful user to this product for years, im probably on my 6th compact by now.. and i hope for many more. ive tried UDPP and Too Faced as well. nothing compares. Like someone else stated below, the secret IS to keep the foil seal. i do it all the time, it takes me forever to use one entire compact and when you get to the end it got harder and harder to apply since it dries fast each time you open it. just keep the sticker.. ive had mine for 2-3 weeks and its now the same creamy formula. im hoping to hold on to it. if you havent kept it use plastic wrap/or a piece of a sandwich bag to help seal the consistency of the formula. LOVE IT. just blend well, i use the lightest shade-i think its the lightest 'canvas' what also helps is to use a shadow over it to help seal it on your lids then use liner.. it will stay. its so awesome!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by asr2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Went on very smoothly...didn't mind that it was dry to the touch to start with. Didn't crease and worked great as a base for pretty much any of my other eyshadows. Just be sure to keep the piece of foil and use it to cover the touch base...and always make sure you fully close the small compact.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by ElvisDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree w/ alot of the other reviews...this was a waste of money. It's very dry to the touch even though it's a cream (although it has the consistency of a thick paste)....does not help prevent creasing.....I will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by pepsi76

Shit product... don't waste your money. I bought this out of desperation because there was no Sephora around to purchased the UDPP or Benefit F.Y.Eye and my eyeshadow ALWAYS creases if I am not wearing a primer. After trying it out for a couple weeks, I am very disappointed. It doesn't prevent creasing at all and I might as well not bother wearing it because it really doesn't make much of a difference. Just bought MAC's Paint Pot in Painterly and I am very very please - it is 1000000x better than this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 9:40:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

HG product - Keep the foil seal!!! I replace the foil seal after every use to avoid it drying out. I am so happy I found this product! I suffered through years of putting my eyeshadow on in the morning and it creasing by noon. I have very oily eyelids but they sometimes have dry "patches" in the winter and the only thing that will help is an eye cream. So hello, I've got oily eyelids and then i'm having to put eye cream on top of that? It made it impossible to wear eyeshadow! This product allows me to do my makeup at 7am, and at 9pm my eyeshadow looks exactly as it did when I left the house that morning. And I've got eye cream on underneath! Will repurchase this again and again!