Clinique Touch Base For Eyes

3.6

Ingredients: cyclomethicone, aluminum distearate, octyldodecanol, ceresin, barium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone, microcrystalline wax, hydrated silica, propylparaben, butylparaben, may contain: bismuth oxychloride, titanium dioxide, mica, iron oxides, ultramarines, manganese violet, carmine, ferric ferrocyanide, chromium oxide greens, chromium hydroxide green

on 2/23/2015 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

Sigh...I have a love/hate relationship with this product. I've used it over the years and have finally decided we are "broken up" for good. I have very sensitive skin and especially my eyes; in the past, there weren't many options for eyelid primers and those that existed irritated my eyes. (I have now found several options.)

The Good: When I used this every day and was psychotically careful to make sure the little compact CLICKED closed, it was good. My shadow (powder) went on smoother, and lasted longer. (NOTE: Not as long as a typical primer, though.) Plus, it seemed to provide a protective layer that enabled me to wear some shadows without itching that I otherwise couldn't.

The Bad: The packaging. Don't know why they can't put this in a tube or something, but I give up! My last one dried up within a couple of months, no matter how careful I was to close it and even kept the little foil cover (the first time I'd done that and it didn't seem to make any difference). However, note that I NEVER got down to pan on this even with daily use, it just always dried up first. (And it really isn't useable once it dries up). It's really too bad, it's a good product, especially for those with sensitive eyes. but I can't justify the cost for something that I use only occasionally and that dries up so fast.

on 10/26/2014 11:37:00 PM

While this product worked, i found I went through it Incredibly fast. It's totally not worth the price for the amount of product you get! I bought Urban decay lid primer about a year ago, and I have over half the tube left. I use it almost every day so that's really saying something!

on 3/14/2013 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I really like this product for its brightening qualities and staying power. It works well as a base, but I cannot use it without primer. It adds a nice, creamy shimmer that can be worn on its own but it also sits nicely underneath an eyeshadow and does not overpower it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this from the Clinique counter at Macy's months and months ago in Canvas. First of all, it's not a cream, it's more of a hard wax almost..I use my fingers to apply it and it goes on fine. I think the longer you have it, the harder it becomes after a while, but it's still very much usable. As a base it's not that impressive, but put in the inner corner of my eye it really brightens up my face. I wear it everyday, love it

on 11/13/2010 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for a few years. I know the cult favorite is UD Primer Potion but I've always been a loyal fan to this product. I don't get how it has so many negative reviews but some products don't work for everyone. This is creamy in texture and my shadow never creases throughout the day if you apply it right. My eyelids are extremely oil and it's very annoying. This dries it right up. Without this I'm lost haha. Everyone has their favorites. This is definitely mine.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is such a terrible product! I bought this to prevent my eyeshadow from creasing and this did not help at all. It creased within about 2 hours. It also comes with very little product for a high price. I recommend Too Faced shadow insurance (which lasts all day on my oily skin without creasing) or Urban Decay primer potion.

on 9/22/2010 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product will dry out. So be careful. I love the colors, as a base or alone. It is hard to blend with a brush(evenwith a dense eye/lip brush) so use your clean finger. I put it in my pocket let it warm up. This helps out a lot when it is on it's last leg.

on 9/17/2010 6:03:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Ive been a faithful user to this product for years, im probably on my 6th compact by now.. and i hope for many more. ive tried UDPP and Too Faced as well. nothing compares. Like someone else stated below, the secret IS to keep the foil seal. i do it all the time, it takes me forever to use one entire compact and when you get to the end it got harder and harder to apply since it dries fast each time you open it. just keep the sticker.. ive had mine for 2-3 weeks and its now the same creamy formula. im hoping to hold on to it. if you havent kept it use plastic wrap/or a piece of a sandwich bag to help seal the consistency of the formula. LOVE IT. just blend well, i use the lightest shade-i think its the lightest 'canvas' what also helps is to use a shadow over it to help seal it on your lids then use liner.. it will stay. its so awesome!

on 6/17/2010 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Went on very smoothly...didn't mind that it was dry to the touch to start with. Didn't crease and worked great as a base for pretty much any of my other eyshadows. Just be sure to keep the piece of foil and use it to cover the touch base...and always make sure you fully close the small compact.

on 12/28/2009 11:49:00 PM

I agree w/ alot of the other reviews...this was a waste of money. It's very dry to the touch even though it's a cream (although it has the consistency of a thick paste)....does not help prevent creasing.....I will not be repurchasing.