H & M Nail Polish

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/28/2014 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have three of these polishes. Take A Chance, a gorgeous dark purple, Serenity Now, a perfect royal blue and a no-name silver one (in trend packaging). They are all opaque and even in two coats, never streaky, the brush is great, and they're cheap. What else can you ask from a nailpolish?

I have this in the color "Midnight Passion", a beautiful red not-too-brown oxblood shade. I love the color and would definitely buy this polish again. The price has recently been raised about $1, so one bottle of the polish now costs approx. $4.95 instead. I have tried several of the smaller bottles (cheaper, about $1.95) : a blue called "Ocean Dive", and a sheer pink called "Natural Pink" and have been very happy with them as well. Wonderful selection of colors!

on 4/10/2014 1:47:00 PM

On a whim I picked this up in Want a Lemon, an opaque, creamy butter yellow without shimmer. It took 3 coats before the streaks went away and accordingly took longer to dry. The short, dense brush made it a mess to apply, requiring a lot of clean-up around my cuticles. But the color is true to the bottle and somewhat unique. I wouldn't make a special trip to H&M for it, but the bin is worth a look in the checkout line.

$4.95 for a 0.3 ounce glass bottle.

on 1/6/2014 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I have 4 h&m polishes (mint madness, confetti, blue my mind) and I like them a lot. there are opaque, 1 or 2 coats and you get a great color. The brush applies the polish pretty evenly. I love the fact that the shade name is on the top of the cap, easy to read.The shades selection is nice, they regularly add new colors. Overall they're nice nail polishes

I have this in ''Jo is in the House'' and it's a silver glitter polish! Love it so much. Stays good with basecoat and topcoat.

on 5/11/2012 6:10:00 PM

I have this polish in the shade "Nerd". It is amazing! Goes on better than some of my Essie polishes, and it is self-leveling. The only bad is that I have to put on three coats to get no visible nail lines.

on 4/22/2012 3:38:00 PM

I use all kinds of brands of nail polish. Quality stuff like Essie and cheap ones like Mavala and H&M. Something must have changed with the H&Ms because the ones I've gotten lately at the store are better than any of my Essie and OPI-bottles! I decided to stock up on pretty much all the colors that I liked because the quality nowadays is soo good. Good brush, very easy to put on, perfect amount of matte/shine and it stays on for a week if you use a good topcoat. Right now they have awesome colors in store.The best part is of course the price, about 4 !

on 3/25/2012 3:16:00 PM

A typical "you get what you pay for" product. Loads of nice colors that lasts a decent amount of time on my nails without flaking, but takes a long time to dry and some of the colors are really streaky and hard to apply, others however only need one coat. Nothing wrong with these but nothing extraordinary either. I have five and use them frequently because some of the colors are really, really nice.

on 12/15/2011 1:12:00 PM

Great stuff! stays on for a long time and the colours are beautifull especially the pink one. Cheap and good Buy it again for sure!

on 12/1/2011 9:33:00 AM

I've bought a number of H&M nail polishes over the years and would agree that they can be a bit hit and miss. I prefer the ones that come in the larger, squareish bottles, as opposed to the smaller ones in the rounded bottles which often come in packs of 3 or 4. These ones tend to be very watery and although they look good in the bottle, they don't tend to transfer too well to your nails. With the larger bottles (which in the UK retail at around 2.50 - 3.99 I believe) you obviously get more product, but I've found these are thicker, go on better and are more vibrant in colour. I've got a number of these ones and can honestly say they are still some of my fave polishes. The shades in turquoise, green and blue are especially good and I find that two coats is often enough to give you a good shade on fingers and toes. They are also hard wearing - I wore a turquoise shade on my toes for my holiday last year and it was still intact, with no signs of chipping, two weeks later. Would definitely recommend these if you're looking for a cheap but good alternative to higher end makes (e.g. nails inc, models own etc).

Popular Polishes