July 23, 2014 | 2011 users online

Polishes - H & M - Nail Polish (in general)

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

On a whim I picked this up in Want a Lemon, an opaque, creamy butter yellow without shimmer. It took 3 coats before the streaks went away and accordingly took longer to dry. The short, dense brush made it a mess to apply, requiring a lot of clean-up around my cuticles. But the color is true to the bottle and somewhat unique. I wouldn't make a special trip to H&M for it, but the bin is worth a look in the checkout line.

$4.95 for a 0.3 ounce glass bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by mndjohn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have 4 h&m polishes (mint madness, confetti, blue my mind) and I like them a lot. there are opaque, 1 or 2 coats and you get a great color. The brush applies the polish pretty evenly. I love the fact that the shade name is on the top of the cap, easy to read.The shades selection is nice, they regularly add new colors. Overall they're nice nail polishes

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by colorfulstrawberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in ''Jo is in the House'' and it's a silver glitter polish! Love it so much. Stays good with basecoat and topcoat.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by SignMeUp

I have this polish in the shade "Nerd". It is amazing! Goes on better than some of my Essie polishes, and it is self-leveling. The only bad is that I have to put on three coats to get no visible nail lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by puzzana

I use all kinds of brands of nail polish. Quality stuff like Essie and cheap ones like Mavala and H&M. Something must have changed with the H&Ms because the ones I've gotten lately at the store are better than any of my Essie and OPI-bottles! I decided to stock up on pretty much all the colors that I liked because the quality nowadays is soo good. Good brush, very easy to put on, perfect amount of matte/shine and it stays on for a week if you use a good topcoat. Right now they have awesome colors in store.The best part is of course the price, about 4 !

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by PhatMuffin

A typical "you get what you pay for" product. Loads of nice colors that lasts a decent amount of time on my nails without flaking, but takes a long time to dry and some of the colors are really streaky and hard to apply, others however only need one coat. Nothing wrong with these but nothing extraordinary either. I have five and use them frequently because some of the colors are really, really nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by diamond1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great stuff! stays on for a long time and the colours are beautifull especially the pink one. Cheap and good Buy it again for sure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I've bought a number of H&M nail polishes over the years and would agree that they can be a bit hit and miss. I prefer the ones that come in the larger, squareish bottles, as opposed to the smaller ones in the rounded bottles which often come in packs of 3 or 4. These ones tend to be very watery and although they look good in the bottle, they don't tend to transfer too well to your nails. With the larger bottles (which in the UK retail at around 2.50 - 3.99 I believe) you obviously get more product, but I've found these are thicker, go on better and are more vibrant in colour. I've got a number of these ones and can honestly say they are still some of my fave polishes. The shades in turquoise, green and blue are especially good and I find that two coats is often enough to give you a good shade on fingers and toes. They are also hard wearing - I wore a turquoise shade on my toes for my holiday last year and it was still intact, with no signs of chipping, two weeks later. Would definitely recommend these if you're looking for a cheap but good alternative to higher end makes (e.g. nails inc, models own etc).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by ana7mac

I've tried Moody Model, and I just love the colour. It's a deep dark blue, with a greenish/greyish undertone that looks oh so lovely. The quality isn`t that great though. It starts chipping off within just a few days, and it leaves dark stains on my nails that stay for several days after I've removed the product. But it's not an expensive product, so I would buy it again for its beautiful colour, even if the quality isn't the best.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I go the colour 'No Mambo Jumbo' which is a greeny/bluish/turquoise affair haha hard to describe but very pretty. This was the only one I bought and I really like it I don't wear it on my fingernails as such more on my toenails just because its funky and as its a cheapie varnish it chips within the first day so not reliable on the fingers! For the cheapness I'd say they're great but obviously not high on the quality. Good enough to buy again though.