November 23, 2014 | 1811 users online

Other - Burt's Bees - Dr. Burt's Cinna Mint Toothpaste [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2006 11:51:00 PM More reviews by oasdus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I agree, from the red color of the metal tube, to the name "cinna-mint", I thought this would have cinnamon in it, but it doesn't. It is minty though. This has the same good qualities of the lavender mint toothpaste, only I think this one is better. This has baking soda in it, which I love to use on my teeth. My teeth are whiter after using this, my mouth is fresh, and my teeth feel so clean I run my tongue over them because they feel smooth, lol. It costs about $5.50 per tube. It's an old-fashioned metal tube with a screw-on cap. The paste is white with a very pale green cast from the chlorophyll (for fresh breath). It foams some, but more of a watery foam than the thick-lathering, burning commercial toothpastes. I feel good about using this toothpaste because there are no harmful chemicals. I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2005 10:37:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPanda

Yuck! I got this in a sample pack, and I can't get over the gross color. It looks like I am brushing my teeth with phlem. It's not minty at all either. Plus it doesn't foam. I'll stick with Crest.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2005 2:40:00 AM More reviews by innamorata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This toothpaste confuses me. The package says...."Cinna Mint". The box it comes in is red. The tube itself is red. So, I'm thinking...."Cinnamon, with Mint." Buzz, wrong, try again. This contains nothing remotely cinnamon, the toothpaste itself is green, and it tastes like mint. Maybe I'm just missing something pretty obvious here...

Anyway...I wanted to try this 100% natural toothpaste because while I liked the effect that the Lavender Mint toothpaste gave my teeth, I just could not stand the taste. This is a refreshing alternative to the Lavender Mint. It has a fresh, minty taste without the sickening sweet overkill that many "mainstream" toothpastes have. Plus, the only time my teeth have felt this clean is when I used a straight baking soda/peroxide paste on my teeth...they feel very smoove and nice, plus they look a little whiter after just two uses! I've never gotten my teeth to feel this clean with just regular toothpaste, so I can see myself using this on a daily basis. I'm not too thrilled about the thin metal tube it comes in...but I can deal with it. This is a bit more expensive than regular toothpaste at about five bucks where I bought mine...but, again, for a toothpaste that works this well, I can deal. One more thing...no more purple spittle using this one.

Ingredients:
Purified water, vegetable glycerin, calcium carbonate (chalk), bentonite (clay), peppermint oil, spearmint oil, cassia oil, sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), yucca schidigera extract, chlorophyll, parsley oil, xanthan gum.

Two side effects you might want to be aware of...as with the Lavender Mint toothpaste, I seem to be thirsty for a while after I use this. It must be the chalk and clay ingredients. And the box says that the natural chlorophyll in this might turn your toothbrush green. Great, just what I need....Shrek's toothbrush. ;)
continued >>