November 27, 2014 | 1465 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Beauty Powder in Smooth Harmony

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I feel like this doesn't show up very much on my skin, even for countouring, which is how the MA who put it on me tried to use it. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by pinkishbrown

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a little late but better late than never....this product debuted a while back and i believe the first unveiling was the Diana Ross collection, with special pink packaging. I was fortunate enough to find one on Ebay for a decent price, and I'm so happy with my purchase.
This is somewhat of a close match to my skin, so it definitely isn't a big alteration to my natural skin/look. The concept of MAC beauty powders really falls in line with how this powder works for me, in my opinion. I don't think MAC intends for these to be big blushes or bronzers, but more of a subtle uplifting of natural features.
This product is actually very close to my natural skin tone, but i have very tan skin. I use it with a sponge and press it on my cheek bones and bridge of nose. It gives me a certain oomph and polish, but nothing wild or extraordinary.
I feel sophisticated (!) using this product - maybe it's the packaging, or the fact that it was part of Miss Ross's Icon MAC collection, but i just love using it. I am sure it will last forever.
Staying power is great, the cost originally was probably quite inexpensive as most MAC things are, but i paid a hiked cost thanks to this being LE.
I've read that the MAC Heatherette version was tawnier or somehow different - I can attest this is true in my own experience. Just 2 weeks ago, I swatched the Heatherette version of this powder at a CCO. The powder is definitely not quite the same to me, as the Diana Ross version....the DR version is somewhat less tawny, more of a soft and more golden version.
I loved both, though, and the difference if any is subtle. Maybe i'm seeing things!

You can still obviously find this at a CCO possibly, or try ebay and other similar sites.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by brandi17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this stuff. I purchased it a long time ago (glad I did because now its gone!) but have only started using it now. Being a tan skinned girl already, this stuff just gives me a little something extra for my skin. It makes me look like I have gotten a bright tan. It gives me that sun-kissed look. I absolutely love it. I look so fresh and my skin looks great. I just use it over concealer instead of a foundation if I want a quick look. If not, then i'll use it as a bronzer. I like it a lot... very awesome product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by hodgam8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Being fairly pale (about NW20) I use this product as a bronzer all over with a kabuki brush and I absolutely love the glow that it gives. It definitely makes my face look tanner, without creating any harsh difference between my face and the rest of my skin. Its a great color and texture

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by kellysha

This comes as a blush where I live. I use this for contouring- to emphasize my cheekbones. It works well for me. A lot of blending required since it is quite dark. I find that I can't use this to contour my nose because its too dark and no matter how much I blend it is quite obvious. So i will stick to me MAC strada for the nose area. Will repurchase when I run out

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by CocoNut83

I am reviewing the Heatherette version because it is what I have been wearing the most the past couple of days. I have the Diana Ross version and I have found that one has more golden-brown tones whereas the Heatherette version is a bit more terracotta (as someone had mentioned before). I love them both equally. I'm not too fair, I range anywhere from an NC20-NC30. I love using this as an all over bronzer as well as a contour shade. The glow it gives is just undescribable (sp?)! Though I love shimmer and glitter (MSF's, IPP's) I prefer this one and can use this year round, day or night :)

I love this product and can not say enough great things about it! :) Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I really like this beauty powder. I use it as a bronzer or a contour. It is a matte bronze. It looks just like the color of terracotta clay. Thats the way it will look on your face as well. It's definately not a golden brown. Its more of a coppery orangy bronze. It really suits my tan skin tone and gives me such a pretty color. I like to buff this into my cheeks with my ELF Studio Powder or blush brush after I applied my fondation. I hope MAC will release this color again.. i'm running low on product! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Posh_Patricia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product yet. I absolutely love this powder and use it as a bronzer. I love it because is matte and is not super pigmented so it lets me build a "tan" without looking orange or too glittery. Love it! Wish it was permanent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by lucy1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this bp and after trying it out a few times, i swapped it away. I wanted to try bronzers and i read many reviews on smooth harmony being good for a non-shimmery bronzer. So, i decided to get this again.

Im still pretty new to countouring, so i havent used it for that. I was late for work and i grabbed this and my 129sh. i swirled my brush and applied it on my cheeks. 2 hours later, this looked amazing! Im nc40/42/c40 and it compliments my skintone. It doesnt look muddy on my cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2009 1:32:00 AM More reviews by lareinaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i was sad when i missed out on the heatherette collection, so when i found this at my cco i was ecstatic!
to tell you the truth..all i really wanted was the compact lol cus i keep a compact in my purse and use the mirror and the powder for touch-ups, before this i was using the dame edna highlight powder.
okay, now to the product, its a beauty powder/bronzer which can be used lightly all over the face or on your cheeks as a bronzer & even a contour. i have used it a few times & i really like it :) its nice and smooth and has no shimmer which i like cus i already have refined golden bronzer. for an everyday look i like to wear smooth harmony as a bronzer/contour with chai lipglass and a nice clean eye with a winged liner.
it gives me a nice bronze/healthy polished look and takes no time at all. so this is a great powder to keep with you when your on the go. & when this runs out ill depot another powder and put it in the compact, cus its so pretty!!